Liverpool land morientes - 1st topic :-)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jimmymckelvey » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:23 am

I MORIENTES WILL DO WELL AT LIVERPOOL BUT WHO WILL MAKE ROOM FOR HIM!
jimmymckelvey

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:59 am

Well cisse is injured now, so i guess baros & morientas will be 1st choice for now...
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_kop_downunder » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:40 am

Santa wrote:If members have problem with one another, there is a function called Private Massenger...I suggest some of you to try it rather than hogging up bandwidth here.

Good Call. Its a discussion forum not a place to pay out on each other.
The_kop_downunder

Postby Alanay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:42 am

To be honest, I think we only have 1 capable striker and at this point in time, he's injured. Morientes ex expected to run the attack as soon as he signed the deal. I would say Mellor or Sinama is still learning.....
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:06 am

so when can he actually start playing at the earliest? next week?
oakton

Postby mynameisred » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:18 am

he hasnt signed yet, their on hols in spain at the mo. If he signs it will be mon/tues at the earliest. As far as I know he hasnt even visited Anfield yet.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:27 am

Reports in todays papers say Owen,Beckham and Woodgate to leave Real so maybe the Morro deal is not as safe as we may think!! :(  :(
SALTROCK67

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:46 am

Reports in todays papers say Owen,Beckham and Woodgate to leave Real so maybe the Morro deal is not as safe as we may think!!

Take owen and woodgate ...:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:00 pm

Yeah, it would be great to have Woodgate but I fear that Woodgate could be end up like Chris Kirkland's injury problems if he sign for Liverpool one day.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:08 pm

Was talking to a guy yesterday who knows CK parents the back injury is one hes had since he was a kid to do with discs in his back and its something that can only be helped and not fixed which is bad for Chris i just wish him all the best.
SALTROCK67

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:39 pm

mynameisred wrote:he hasnt signed yet, their on hols in spain at the mo. If he signs it will be mon/tues at the earliest. As far as I know he hasnt even visited Anfield yet.

.. of course he can't have visited the hallowed place yet.. if Real have only just agreed for him to leave, then this will be the next steps... things can change all the time in football.. but with several reports and Benitez himself mentioning him.. wud suggests that the persuit by LFC has been on-going and hopefully close to conclusion...

It also continues to demonstrate the pulling power of the Boss the high esteem he is held with and the fact that leaving Real for LFC is not seen as a step down .. rather an opportunity to achieve success...

I never thought that the Anelka deal wud happen... too much money .. can't be funding Man City's debts now can we  ???
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:52 pm

Liverpool's £7 million double bid for Fernando Morientes and Cesar has still to be pushed through, but negotiations are continuing with Real Madrid.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez wants to raid his homeland for the Real duo and is keen to thrash out a package that will include both Spain striker Morientes and keeper Cesar.

However, things are not running smoothly as Cesar sought an urgent meeting with Real official Emilio Butragueno to clarify his future at El Santiago Bernabeu.

The keeper is viewed as a back-up option for Jerzy Dudek with Chris Kirkland sidelined through injury, and he is only being offered a short-term deal until the end of the season.

Cesar wants a longer deal on the table before considering a move to The Premiership and talks are continuing but Spanish sources claim Real may yet reject the €10 million bid for the two players, in any case.

Of course, a forward remains the priority for Benitez and the Anfield club are hopeful Morientes can be lured to Liverpool.

The experienced hit-man has a proven pedigree and, although not eligible for the UEFA Champions League, would represent an exciting signing.

Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka, for all the talk of a move to Fenerbahce, remains a target for the Merseysiders and Benitez is wisely keeping his options open in order to obtain the best possible deal for Liverpool.

Morientes has plenty of admirers from elsewhere but is said to prefer a move to Anfield and the lack of firm bids from other clubs means The Reds are able to patiently wait for Real to lower their valuation of the Spaniard.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:38 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:Was talking to a guy yesterday who knows CK parents the back injury is one hes had since he was a kid to do with discs in his back and its something that can only be helped and not fixed which is bad for Chris i just wish him all the best.

How did he pass a medical to sign for the Red's ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:52 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:Reports in todays papers say Owen,Beckham and Woodgate to leave Real so maybe the Morro deal is not as safe as we may think!! :(  :(

that brazilian don't rate english players ???

Would be happy to take back owen though...
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:07 pm

well what does owen think about the greatest club in the world now.....

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

Owen tipped for Real Madrid exit

Former Liverpool striker Michael Owen is to be axed by new Real Madrid boss Wanderley Luxemburgo and Sporting Director Arrigo Sacchi.

Owen, along with David Beckham and Jonathan Woodgate, will all be shown the door according to numerous media sources today as the new regime at Real plan a major overhaul of the squad.

Barcelona have been tipped to make a move for Owen although there are suggestions he could be loaned out to a Serie A outfit on a season-long loan once Real secure another high-profile striker.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion