THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Smeg » Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 pm

yep, Jankulovskis that good on the overlap we need Reina as a second right back :laugh:
Smeg

Postby EDaSilva » Mon May 07, 2007 10:34 pm

Smeg wrote:Reina

Finnan   Carra   Agger      Riise

Gerrard Alonso Mascherano Kewell

Kuyt     Bellamy

Dudek
Arbeloa
Sissoko
Gonzalez
Pennant
Crouch
Fowler

So you would play Bellamy and Kuyt who combined have scored 1 goal in Europe ahead of our top goal-scorer in Europe with 6.
???

Thank :censored: you aren't the manager.
EDaSilva

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:48 pm

I just have a sneaking suspision that we may see crouch up front alone with gerrard sitting behind him. Considering that Milan's strength is in midfield Rafa may feel the need to include the extra body in this area.

Then again theres more c hance of guessing where bin laden's hiding out than guessing a rafa team selection! :D
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Mon May 07, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:27 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:to be honest i wont be too devastated if we lose this one.
all season my biggest fear was losing to united in the cl final.
that would have been unbearable to listen to that game being replayed and analysed on sky and the bbc for the rest of my life.
itv would have been even worse, just think what fun clive `that night in barcelona` tyldsley would have had with that scenario.
even if we get beat the fact we`ve been to 7 finals is an acheivement in itself and a proud record, especially considering united have been to 2 in their whole history.
dont get me wrong i`ll literally be praying we win, but a big weight was lifted off my shoulders the night united went out.

No offence but i hate posts like this, maybe its a reflection of how far we have fallen from grace over the last 17 years, but we are Liverpool, we should never think 'don't care if we lose, or we got to the final, or we never lost to the shi7e.'
It's bad form, personally i would have loved the chance to have played and beaten them.

I will still be p155ed off if we lose to milan,( i think we will win)it will still be remembered, and maybe i am a greedy sod, but i don't want to just say we got to 7 finals...that would mean we lost twice. Even though the tragedy of '85 happened, i know we were cheated for that penalty, i still wanted to win, it's the first final i remember.

This is OUR trophy OUR arena, it's our chance to increase the legend.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon May 07, 2007 11:33 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:to be honest i wont be too devastated if we lose this one.
all season my biggest fear was losing to united in the cl final.
that would have been unbearable to listen to that game being replayed and analysed on sky and the bbc for the rest of my life.
itv would have been even worse, just think what fun clive `that night in barcelona` tyldsley would have had with that scenario.
even if we get beat the fact we`ve been to 7 finals is an acheivement in itself and a proud record, especially considering united have been to 2 in their whole history.
dont get me wrong i`ll literally be praying we win, but a big weight was lifted off my shoulders the night united went out.

No offence but i hate posts like this, maybe its a reflection of how far we have fallen from grace, but we are Liverpool, we should never think 'don't care if we lose, we got to the final, or we never lost to the shi7e.' it's bad form, personally i would have loved the chance to have played and beaten them.

I will still be p155ed of if we lose to milan,( i think we will win)it will still be remembered, and maybe i am a greedy sod, but i don't want to just say we got to 7 finals...that would mean we lost twice. Even though the tragedy of '85 happened, i know we were cheated for that penalty, i still wanted to win, it's the first final i remember.

This is OUR trophy OUR arena, it's our chance to increase the legend.

Perhaps it's the language, but he didn't say I don't care but that he wouldn't be too devastated, which is different. Devastated is a strong word, I'm sure even if LFC loses, their crowd will raise inmediatly and keep fighting!

Reaching the final, IMHO, is a success. It's something every top team has in mind, it's something Liverpool has achieved, and it's something Bayern Munchen, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester United, Juventus, Internazionale, Valencia, Sevilla or Arsenal for that matter have not achieved.

I know more than one team that would be consider decent a season for reaching that point...

My point is that of course it will be hard to lose, but it would be harder against the Mancs, and reaching the final is a point many would have liked to have reached.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:35 pm

Anyone notice the Mirror the day after the 2nd leg of the semi??? It said on the back page, we had won our SIXTH European cup in 2005! Good omen?! clutching at straws, i know, but whatever helps
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon May 07, 2007 11:37 pm

No doubt that if LFC wins, and at the least they have 50% of chances, it will be  a massive blow for the archenemies  :laugh: Six times must hurt a lot.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 08, 2007 12:57 am

If we lose, the Mancs need to remember....we may lose, but at least we can actually get to a European Cup final.

If we win the European Cup for a sixth time, expect the nasally voiced Mancs to say something like "Neeeeeeee tha Europeeeeeen Coooop iz deeevalyoooood innit?"

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 08, 2007 1:07 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:If we lose, the Mancs need to remember....we may lose, but at least we can actually get to a European Cup final.

If we win the European Cup for a sixth time, expect the nasally voiced Mancs to say something like "Neeeeeeee tha Europeeeeeen Coooop iz deeevalyoooood innit?"

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue May 08, 2007 1:23 am

jaytoothetee wrote:anyone who's going making any banners for the final??

seen some boss ideas on other forums, the best had to be "do you want a 4 goal head start this time?" :laugh:

any ideas anyone, we'll look out for them come the 23rd (only on the telly if you're like me :( )

Howsabout...

"Zeus - God of the Olympians
Apollo - God of prophecy and healing
Ares - God of war
Fowler - God. End of."  :D

or...

"Now with 100% less Djimi Traore"

or...

"Go on - play for penalties. We dare you"

or...

"Didi says hi, the foot's fine now"

or...

I bet there'll be one or two of these though...

"REMEMBER US?"

and there has to be at least one, really f*cking huge

"VI"
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue May 08, 2007 1:34 am

or...

"Hi Jose - how are you? The weather's lovely out here"

or...

"Nice trophy. We've got one just like it"

or...

"You didn't stop Smicer and you won't stop Crouch"

or...

go nuts with an English to Greek translator...

http://www.translatum.gr/
http://www.kypros.org/cgi-bin/lexicon
ivor_the_injun

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 08, 2007 3:28 am

Banner Ideas:

- "Where's Crespo?"

- "Are you Inter...or the other Milan team?"

- "What is BWIN?"

- "We Stole Gullit's Dreadlocks!"

- "Where Is Your Shevchenko Now?"

- "Who Did You Bribe To Get Here?"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue May 08, 2007 10:18 am

redtrader74 wrote:Anyone notice the Mirror the day after the 2nd leg of the semi??? It said on the back page, we had won our SIXTH European cup in 2005! Good omen?! clutching at straws, i know, but whatever helps

:D lol I read that too - exactly what I thought too  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolman456 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:31 pm

come on liverpool bring it back to anfeild where it belongs
liverpoolman456

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Regarding this:

A = Athens
P= Paris
R= Rome
I = Istanbul
L = London

1+5 = 6 times

That's all I need.  If I wasn't already, I'm absolutely convinced we're bringing the Cup home.  That's absolutely magic that.

Don't know what to say or feel about this really.  Is it a bad omen to mention it?  Is it wrong to be confident?

I felt this last time before Istanbul.  We weren't leaving without that trophy.  I'm feeling it again now.  Whatever happens, we're going to win and whatever happens, we're about to see something special here...

I've gone into games against Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal in the league and regardless of the effort you know our lads are about to put themselves through, you know we're not coming away with the three points.  This is different.  I'm a natural born worryer.  I'm nervous in the flesh and my thumbnail is still hurting from last weeks penalty shoot out victory.

The 2005 Carling Cup final was a game I just knew for some reason that we were going to fall short at the final hurdle.  I was not confident.  Don't ask me why, I can't describe it. 

But I'm going into this game fearless and knowing this time that we deserve to be there and we belong at this stage of this competition we have such a romantic attachment to.  I'm not for one second saying that we didn't deserve to win it two years ago.  But let's be honest, that was a once in a lifetime achievement where luck, mixed with good fortune, hard work mixed with superhuman effort made it simply the best night I've ever experienced in my life, and I was watching it fifteen minutes away from Anfield on a plasma telly in my uncles house.  I was nowhere near Turkey.  I can only imagine what it must have been like to actually have been there.

Now, it feels like we're going back out there to show the world that 2005 was no fluke.  It's our trophy and we're taking it back. 

It was only on loan after all...
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion