BARCELONA 1-2 LIVERPOOL - ALL REACTION HERE......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:46 am

Simari wrote:Just watched Barca play today. It's a bit scary to see Ronaldinho approaching his best at just the wrong time for us.

Hopefully, Momo can keep him wrapped up nicely - that's if Momo plays.

Yep and Messi is back as well.  Risse defensivly is a worry in this game.
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:20 pm

I think we'll see 4231, the tried and tested formation that helped us gain crucial results away from home in the 2005 CL triumph

--------------------------Reina----------------------------

Finnan------Carragher----Agger/Hyypia----Aurelio/Riise

-----------------Alonso---------Sissoko--------------------

Pennant/Gerrard---------Kuyt/Gerrard----------Gonzalez/Riise

-------------------------Crouch----------------------------
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Flo-Po » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:26 pm

Lads im still looking for 2 tickets for this if any of you can help! Keep an eye out for me :D
Flo-Po

Postby puroresu » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:31 pm

stmichael wrote:I think we'll see 4231, the tried and tested formation that helped us gain crucial results away from home in the 2005 CL triumph

Thats a bit to negative for me.  I think you gotta play Bellamy away from home just so the option of turning the Barcelona defenders around is an option.  With crouch the ball in behind isnt an option and he isnt mobile enough to play up on his own v Barcelona.
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:39 pm

puroresu wrote:
stmichael wrote:I think we'll see 4231, the tried and tested formation that helped us gain crucial results away from home in the 2005 CL triumph

Thats a bit to negative for me.  I think you gotta play Bellamy away from home just so the option of turning the Barcelona defenders around is an option.  With crouch the ball in behind isnt an option and he isnt mobile enough to play up on his own v Barcelona.

I agree with you, I'm just saying what I think the manager will do. The way I look at it, we have to go there with the intention of scoring an away goal.

Having watched Barcelona recently they don't cope well at all with high balls into the box. The main problem though is we haven't got anyone who's particularly good in the air.

If it was up to me I'd play this:

--------------------------Reina-----------------------------

Finnan------------carragher-----Agger----------------Aurelio

Gerrard-----------Alonso-------Sissoko-------------Gonzalez

------------------bellamy------Kuyt------------------------
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby skatesy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:32 pm

Now that we know that Mascherano will be cleared to play in the Barcelona game - do you see him making an appearance in the game?

I don't think that he would start - however, I could see him being subsituted in later in the game, depending on how the game is shaping up. I sure would like to see him play and maybe I am being too optimistic hoping that he would come on and play a great game.
skatesy

Postby Smeg » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Gerrin there! As long as me passport arrives by next monday, Smeg is off to Barca with a few of his dads mates :D  :D

Brass houses watch out...
Smeg

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:44 pm

I agree St mick, particularly at the Nou Camp and probably at Anfield depending on the result at the Nou Camp. And TBH I think it's our best chance against Barca.

What I think may happen is that Gerrard will slot in on the right to do a job on Ronaldinho, with Sissoko harassing Deco in the centre, and Xabi playing just in front of the back 4, starting counter attacks whwn we gt possession back of Barca, this will particuarly be so at the Nou Camp where I think we´ll be happy to play on the counter and nick a goal hopefully, although a draw woudl be great result. Even a 1-0 or 2-1 wouldn't be the end of the world.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:31 pm

it seems that eto'o has had a massive bust up with rijkaard and won't play in the first leg which would be a bonus if true.

there's also rumours that they're prepared to offload xavi to manure in the summer so that they can get ronaldo in exchange.

i tell you what, if eto'o' is unhappy, might be worth a cheeky bid. unbelievable to think that we turned down the chance to sign him when he was at real mallorca.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:43 pm

stmichael wrote:it seems that eto'o has had a massive bust up with rijkaard and won't play in the first leg which would be a bonus if true.

there's also rumours that they're prepared to offload xavi to manure in the summer so that they can get ronaldo in exchange.

i tell you what, if eto'o' is unhappy, might be worth a cheeky bid. unbelievable to think that we turned down the chance to sign him when he was at real mallorca.

I wouldnt be surprised if Xavi went as they have Iniesta who has been outstanding this season.  Will Eto leave? I would be shocked if that happened to be honest.  I aint even sure Rijkaard will be there next year.  I think AC are going to try and get him.
puroresu

Postby Elchris » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:50 pm

eto has stated before he would love to come and play for liverpool only to be turned down by houlier..he went on to barca and became class...if he doesnt play against liverpool in the champs league..i think we'll have a higher chance of landing him in the summer if rafa rates him :p
Elchris

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:58 pm

eto'o would be a fantastic signing IMO, i think he's got that goal predator instict but is also fast as anything and works hard for the team, one of the few all round strikers in the world i think.  If he's available its definately worth a cheeky bid, especially after how he stated he'd love to play for us! :p
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby romliv » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:14 pm

we shouldn't lose more than 1-0 but i think that we must score: it's very important for the anfield game 
it will be a big game and sensational
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby pablinho » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:19 pm

Etoo just did some explosive declarations to spanish media press, he whined about Ronaldinho, Fran, Deco and some more ...
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 pm

What's happening , more info please!!!!
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion