Man for man - How do we rate?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Benny you have me crying laughing here  :laugh:

Kuyt in a team that is supposed to be the best of the top 4. I know you have since amended it but that was ridiculous mate.

Sir Roger - the most blinkered assesment of both teams i have seen also.
Giggs goes missing and Benayoun is better ?
Again bizarre, Giggs is still one of the most consistent players in the league.

I am shaking my head in disbelief at some of the stuff in here.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

I put kuyt in their for his hard work and ability to create and score chances to give it a bit of balanced as all the others were very attacking .

As for people saying Berbatov instead of Kuyt - while Berbatov may well be a more talented and skillful footballer the guy hasnt shown it at all since he went to the mancs and has done nothing for them so i would still take kuyt over berbatov
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Benny that is madness

You are blinded by the kuyt  :D

I would hazard a guess that if any manager picked a team comprising of players from the top4 of last season, Kuyt wouldnt be even thought of.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Just in there for balance mate and at the time he was still playing well and scoring goals and linking well with johnson , obviously its changed since then with his poor run of form but every team needs a worker like him in it.

And i bet some of the managers would think of a kuyt type player - while some fans dont recognise his importance in a team - managers do .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Just in there for balance mate and at the time he was still playing well and scoring goals and linking well with johnson , obviously its changed since then with his poor run of form but every team needs a worker like him in it.

And i bet some of the managers would think of a kuyt type player - while some fans dont recognise his importance in a team - managers do .

But you have players like Rooney and say Tevez that work equally as hard but are great in the final third also.
I have no doubts managers want players that work but there is no way his ability is good enough to warrant being in the team.
Ben Patrick

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Out of interest my team would be

Reina

Johnson          Terry        Ferdinand           Evra

Essien

Gerrard                  Fabregas

Tevez       Rooney

Torres

I know Tevez plays for city - but they will be top 4 this season  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 pm

well totally agree on tevez and would take him over kuyt every day , didnt include him first time due to him not being at one of the big four .
Benny The Noon

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Benny you have me crying laughing here  :laugh:

Kuyt in a team that is supposed to be the best of the top 4. I know you have since amended it but that was ridiculous mate.

Blinkered why?
I am giving my honest opinion about the comparison between Ours and the skanks players.
I would rather have Benny than Giggs. Giggs WAS a great player. Hes not now. Hes good. I prefer Benayoun.
Not blinkered at all
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Sir Roger wrote:

Blinkered why?
I am giving my honest opinion about the comparison between Ours and the skanks players.
I would rather have Benny than Giggs. Giggs WAS a great player. Hes not now. Hes good. I prefer Benayoun.
Not blinkered at all

I think you said he goes missing in games Giggs.

That is not in the slightest bit accurate whether you prefer Benayoun or not.
I think Giggs even at the very end of his career is more consistent than Benayoun.
Yossi has improved and gets a fair return on goals but i wouldnt describe him as a consistent player.
Ben Patrick

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Blinkered why?
Not blinkered at all

I think you said he goes missing in games Giggs.

That is not in the slightest bit accurate whether you prefer Benayoun or not.
I think Giggs even at the very end of his career is more consistent than Benayoun.
Yossi has improved and gets a fair return on goals but i wouldnt describe him as a consistent player.

That is your opinion which you are absolutely entitled to.
My team selection is my preference and I stand by it. Man united are hyped up in the media. I have watched them a lot this season and I reckon theyre cack. I had a bet before the season with a fan that they wouldnt win anything.
Theyre out of the fa cup...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Sir Roger wrote:Man united are hyped up in the media. I have watched them a lot this season and I reckon theyre cack. I had a bet before the season with a fan that they wouldnt win anything.

utd are cack? – they are 2nd in the league and still in the champions league – if they are cack then what are we? ???
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Man united are hyped up in the media. I have watched them a lot this season and I reckon theyre cack. I had a bet before the season with a fan that they wouldnt win anything.

utd are cack? – they are 2nd in the league and still in the champions league – if they are cack then what are we? ???

he has 10 of the best starting 11 of the league being from our club.. best you let the discussion go man  :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:08 pm

It's always United that we first compare to, though I don't see why, because their squad is as riddled with so called flops as what ours is, if not more so. Only difference is, their flops cost considerably more than ours do. Reason that I've come to this conclusion is that it is of my opinion that we have currently four of the best players in the world in their respective positions. The main difference between us and them, however, is in their wide areas, and defence this season, particularly down their left side. Had we even been remotely anywhere near our best this season, we'd be right up there with them. I still fancy us to close the gap because make no mistakes, their lack of quality is showing and they will drop points. If Chelsea don't win the title, it'll be as big a f*ck up as us last season for not doing so.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 pm

I must agree that Giggs is still a better performer than Yossi despite him coming to the end of his career and will agree with Emerald that we have four players who if not the best are certainly in the top 2 players in the world in their position .

Pepe
Masher
Gerrard
Torres
Benny The Noon

Postby shawnk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:12 am

Emerald Red wrote:It's always United that we first compare to, though I don't see why, because their squad is as riddled with so called flops as what ours is, if not more so. Only difference is,

they have Alex Ferguson.
shawnk

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion