Something special's happening

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:50 pm

I really do think something special is happening at Anfield, I never felt that a 'revolution' was happening with Houllier, no disrespect to GH but I think that something special is happening at Anfield with Rafa, he seems very much like past great mangers with his man mangement and the way he conducts his business in the tranfer market and on the training pitch is very much like Paisley, Fagan and Shanks, he doesn't just buy players just because of their ability on the pitch but their personality as well.

I also like the way he is bringing youth through and is very sensible with his money, also the players he has bought seem very proud to wear the red shirt and love the fans and the club, I feel a successful team play together as a unit and play for one an other like Arsenal, this is why Real are strugling because they are a team of 'egos'.  I love to see the likes of Garcia playing with a smile on his face  :cool:

Basically I'm very happy with Rafa and the player and it's only a matter of time until the Premiership title comes back to it's real home........ Anfield.  This season I'd be happy for us to qualify for the CL above the mancs and for Rafa to get us playing some good football as this season is really a year for Rafa to get to know the players and to mould the club into his own.

Bring on the ****** tomorrow night  :)
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:57 pm

Paul C wrote:Basically I'm very happy with Rafa and the player and it's only a matter of time until the champonship

that mean we will have to drop a divsion to win the championship  ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:58 pm

Up until his heart problems we could have said the same about GH Paul! He did have his time in his own revolution which wasnt to be. I have to admit though i am more excited by the new one because of Benitez's achievements at Valencia. I congratulate him on giving the youngsters a new lease of life and he has brought back the vital possession football which we so crave.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:58 pm

Oooo sorry, I'll edit it for you, smart ****** :p

Madred: I'm only saying what I feel, I never felt that GH would win us the league, ok I did turn the club round but he did buy a lot of ****** and wasted a lot of money, his first buy was Jean Michlle Ferri for forks sake  :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:23 am

:;): excellent post paul mate totally agree with you :)
Got a great feeling about the manager and the players hes brought in, and garcia is just a delight to watch, and he loves us fans aswell :love:
Raffas going to bring us success I just know it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:30 am

Paul it was a decent post mate and i wasnt having a dig. If im honest i did think that GH could have won us the title and he came ever so close to it before his heart problems. Sadly it was all downhill from that moment when he took ill. I forgive GH for his signings of Ferri, Meyer and Diomede etc but not for Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou. I dont believe Benitez will make the same mistakes in the transfer market because he knows class and will sign players who he thinks are already up to the task of playing for our beloved club.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:35 am

Paul C wrote:I really do think something special is happening at Anfield, I never felt that a 'revolution' was happening with Houllier, no disrespect to GH but I think that something special is happening at Anfield with Rafa, he seems very much like past great mangers with his man mangement and the way he conducts his business in the tranfer market and on the training pitch is very much like Paisley, Fagan and Shanks, he doesn't just buy players just because of their ability on the pitch but their personality as well.

I also like the way he is bringing youth through and is very sensible with his money, also the players he has bought seem very proud to wear the red shirt and love the fans and the club, I feel a successful team play together as a unit and play for one an other like Arsenal, this is why Real are strugling because they are a team of 'egos'.  I love to see the likes of Garcia playing with a smile on his face  :cool:

Basically I'm very happy with Rafa and the player and it's only a matter of time until the Premiership title comes back to it's real home........ Anfield.  This season I'd be happy for us to qualify for the CL above the mancs and for Rafa to get us playing some good football as this season is really a year for Rafa to get to know the players and to mould the club into his own.

Bring on the ****** tomorrow night  :)

Briliantly said. Rafael is a very inteligent manager, his success can continue in the Barclays Premiership.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:56 am

Rafa is doing such a good job ian rush is coming to a few of liverpool's practices to learn the ropes from Benitez
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:02 am

Good post there really does seem a fresh wind of change blowing through the stadium these days.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:03 am

Quote(L-type @ Sep. 20 2004,02:56)
Rafa is doing such a good job ian rush is coming to a few of liverpool's practices to learn the ropes from Benitez

Where did you get this news? If it is true, it speak volumes for Benithez's methods as a legendary ex-player comes to learn from the guy who is new to LFC, but not new to success...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:05 am

azriahmad wrote:Quote(L-type @ Sep. 20 2004,02:56)

Where did you get this news? If it is true, it speak volumes for Benithez's methods as a legendary ex-player comes to learn from the guy who is new to LFC, but not new to success...

Its on the LFC TV site in the latest news
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:21 am

Thanks for the info, Laza, I'll go check it up...

Back to the topic at hand, the lads must play and get more consistency now, our single largest failing was not the negative playing style or the one-dimensional tactics under Houllier, but our inconsistency. Houllier's rigid tactics and playing his charges out of position may have contributed to the inconsistent results - we can beat manure but only to draw or lose to the smaller clubs. I hope this is a good beginning to achieve far better consistency in getting results.

Although cliched, it is really simple - to win we must be able to create chances and put them away and then defend well. We have got the creative part, still working on the scoring part (too many missed chances) and the defending part needs a bit more work.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:25 am

No worries Ariz
Yes missed chances are a worry but i liked what Rafa said in that interview after the Monaco game
"I rather a game where we created 10 chances and missed 8 rather then have 2 chances and get 2 "or something to that effect
Garcia has missed a couple of howlers but promising part is he got those chances and the law of averages mean he not going to keep missing them
Cisse should also hopefully learn to check his pace to offiside trap sooner rather then later
My worry from the game comes more from the defensive side
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:34 am

well if i wanna keep plagarizing from lfc.tv i could tell ya that cisse is learning from his new "teacher" Thierry Henry.  Apparently Cisse is his new secret admirer when they train together for the french national team, but so far he's picked up small things, that give u the added edge. Hopefully it'll start paying dividends soon.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:44 am

henry is a rather unique striker in the EPLn as he is very skillful but lacked a true strikers' predatory instincts like van horseface or Owen. His types are more commonly found in the slower and more tactical leagues such as Spain. Most of his goals are also unlike the typical strikers' tap ins or headers. he is more like a very prolific version of Garcia, but extremely pacey.

Hopefully Cisse can pick up things like timing his runs etc.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion