What formation do you rafa should play?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:09 am

Even tho we have been playing good football and won the last 2 matches i still we should play all 3 cisse baros and garcia!

----------Kirkland----------

josemi carragher hyypia riise

---alonso gerrard kewell---

<--------garcia----------->

-------Baros--Cisse---------
gerrard_steven

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:39 pm

You are surely taking the ******?

I've seen it all now. ???
115-1073096938

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:47 pm

We still need hamann to protect our defence. I think the current 4-4-1-1 formation is good enuff. This way we depend on the whole team to do the scoring instead of relaying on the strikers.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:52 pm

We don't NEED anyone to do a certain job :angry:

This was the problem under Houllier. We did, Hamann to protect the back four, Owen to score goals etc etc.

Its a team game and if everyone does a bit of everything then its far better than having one player for a certain job. If you have the players to do that then great but the fact is we don't. So the best way is to get the right mix of players then fit into a TEAM.

Gerrard is a natural ball winner, Alonso is a deep lying play maker. The mix there is superb. Hamann doesn't need to play for us to win. End of.
115-1073096938

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:58 pm

i like it when Hamman plays, although I presume he is out of favour at the moment as Mr Benitez brought Biscan on in the week instead of Hamman when he was trying to tighten things up in the last 10 mins... bizzare???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:59 pm

I think he knew the game was won.

He made the sub to give Igor a run out, nothing more.
115-1073096938

Postby L-type » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:59 pm

Why dont we just trust Rafa, the lone man with a laptop to figure it all out. He studies the opposition and could easily be compared to mourinho in the scientific aspects of their planning.  So he would prolly have a better insight to all of this.  If he plays a 4-4-1-1 you better be sure he is playing that way to exploit the other teams weaknesses and play off of our strengths
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:05 pm

yes, your probably right about Igor.

I trust Raffa, I think the guy has made great signings and got the boys playing great attacking football.  Its what Ive been waiting for, for the past 3 years.  Houliiers teams where awful...  Go Raffa the Gaffer!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby XSD » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:08 pm

Exactly the same team and formation that played against Monaco should play tomorrow. It works.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:33 pm

I've got a sneaking suspicion he may play Didi central and move stevie out to the right to nullify Giggs and ask questions of them down the left side. I've been really impressed with Josemi sofar but the memory of Pederson skinning him for pace makes me wonder if he'll struggle against Giggs.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:35 pm

4-5-1
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:50 pm

I guess its one of the beauties of having a player of the intelligence of garcia in that when he plays 4-4-2 becomes 4-5-1 in an instant. As an aside, I think Man U will put a man-marker on him, possibly O'Shea or Djemba -Djemba. I would if I was them.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:55 pm

o'shea djemba djemba are main threat is ronaldo although he has bein playing throught the summer from the euro to the olympic he looks in good form and we have to put josemi on him.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby garciafan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:51 am

Having watched the full Liverpool vs Monaco game. I think Garcia played well but he has still not fully adapted to his teammates or you can say that it was the other way round. Only Gerrard and  him seem to have some good understanding. I felt Kewell was trying to do too many things on his own without looking for Garcia or Gerrard who were waiting for his pass. I know most of the people here have high opinions of Cisse but from what I saw there is still a lot of work he needs to do in understanding the team movement . Also whenever there was a common ball between him and a deffender he would never charge up to try and win the ball unlike Baros who would always charge and mostly win the ball. Alonso was almost a non entity in the first half, miscuing many of his passes. He does much better in the second half and I can see him doing excellently once he returns to the sort of form he was in spain. But if Livepool are to play one man up Baros should be it, Garcia will mainly play a providers role and I would play him from the right where i think he is much more lethal.
This will be the formation I would use

Baros

Garcia

Kewell              Alonso        Gerrard

Hamman
                                                         Josemi
Riese            Hyypia          Carragher         

The reason I dont want to use anyone on the right is that Garcia ca drift a lot on the right and Josemi plays a full back. Besides packing midfield with an extra man makes sense against Man Utd
garciafan

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:01 am

i dnt think baros should play although he took his goal well i would of screamed if he missed he is not a team player he likes to be the top dog and he likes to grab all the headlines. anyways i think rafa will play near enough the same team as monaco i think he should play warnock instead of kewell but he proably won't
Code: Select all

dudek

josemi     hypia        carragher    riise

finnan     alonso   gerrard     warnock

garcia

cisse
subs: kewell,kirkland,potter,biscan,hamman
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion