MAKING Music!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 pm

red37 wrote:
andy_g wrote:and a little bit of ableton live.

aha. Do you use anything else andy? Have you used Usine for 'live twiddling'

My usual setup is SONAR 8 with Reason/Recycle. I mention that down to AB.live because a lot of lads use Reason with it on stage etc...

Nothing against that stuff at all - some of it is great listening.

i haven't actually, red - and to be honest i haven't heard of it. i took my eye off what was coming out a while back and just got on with the tools i had and liked.

normally i used max/msp to make loops and then a combination of live and my own system built within max/msp to perform it. live is if was more beats based, max/msp if not, and a mix if it was a mix.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:05 am

Im a amateur drummer, and my electric drum kit is great for recording.

If you want to make a track i'd be happy to have a go at either making a loop or a drum track for you.
Last edited by Espionage on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:22 am

Espionage wrote:Im a amateur drummer, and my electric drum kit is great for recording.

If you want to make a track i'd be happy to have a go at either making a loop or a drum track for you.

Great that!

Im just looking at getting FXPansion GURU - there's a nice offer on it from a link i was given via another site. Drum programming is my little flavour of the month at the moment. Ive had a go on most of the vst's out there, i think Battery and one or two of the other big boys like BFD2 and Addictive etc are quite good (course, nothing beats the real thing like...) kudos to you esp mate for having the co-ordination for that! - Keyboards/Piano man meself like.

Im stuck in a phase at the moment where most of my projects are around 130-140bpm - can't get away from that at the minute, id love to try out something a little more...laid back!  :D

Let me know, perhaps you can use/send REX files? I don't know your setup mate.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Espionage » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 am

Whatever mate, its probably easier to send me an mp3 and ill import it and record a drum track to it and combine them.

I use Garageband on my Mac
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum