No sector needs strengthening - We are a big threat already?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:00 am

The Boss has said:
"I am happy with the team and the squad now, but if it is possible to sign good players then I am interested. The top clubs are always interested in good players. But I don't have any special area in the team that I think needs strengthening."

I want to know if Leon is going to slag my post off again this time (it's gonna be the 4th)
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:02 am

anfieldadorer wrote:The Boss has said:
"I am happy with the team and the squad now, but if it is possible to sign good players then I am interested. The top clubs are always interested in good players. But I don't have any special area in the team that I think needs strengthening."

What?!
:alien:
Do you know what he's talking about?!
What if Cisse, Hyypia, Gerrard and Kewell all being TIRED?  :p

The real question is do you know what YOU are talking about ???? ???? ???
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:08 am

see?  :D  :p
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jordantoh » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:22 am

I doubt so... i dun think u r quite sure what is the meaning of this thread...
jordantoh

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:40 am

The meaning of this thread is to ask the other posters if they have any opinion on my statement.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:48 am

we need another Defender that can partner Hoops like Coloccini, Carra is good but colo would be a better option....other than that we are HO GING :;):
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sammy lee's handbag » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:07 am

agreed, I don't think Carra is the answer to our central defensive problems. One-on-one Henchoz is better at making last ditch challenges in the box whereas Carra tends to end up on the floor with the man going past him - there seems to be a real lack of balance in such situations. Whether Hench has got the stamina or pace to live in the EPL is another matter (and the fact that he looks absolutley shagged out within seconds of getting on to the pitch). Ideally someone else is required (someone new - i.e. not Biscan or Traore in CD)

I'm also concerned about the right side of midfield. With Kewell not doing a hell of a lot we do need a player on the other side who is going to go past people. Josemi is doing this a bit, but despite some good crossing from Finnan he hasn't really been doing that. May be this is a reason for keeping Diouf (although I think he will be got rid of).
sammy lee's handbag

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:11 am

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:  lol anfield think hes slagged 3 of mine of 2 :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:24 am

we need another Defender that can partner Hoops like Coloccini, Carra is good but colo would be a better option....other than that we are HO GING 

I think so too, perhaps most fans think so too, that our defense and mids sector need strengthening. How many times there were postings discussing about player positioning and they put blank in certain position of the lineups since you don't know who should be put into yet. Now we already signed Josemi, which is good. However, to be realistic, we only have five reliable defenders so far: Hyypia, Henchoz, Carragher, Riise, and hopefully Josemi to be able to at least maintain his current performance. I don't think five defenders for a long journey will be adequate.

We have also got an additional in midfield in Nunez, but then he got injured. If Alonso wouldn't come, then we have only Gerrard, Hamann, Kewell, and? .... Biscan? Finnan? Diao? in main lineup to compete in Champion League? to finish top three in EPL?

We have good resources upfront, but the second layer in Pongolle is still a gap, another class striker will make this sector perfect.

So, without being disrespect to Rafa, but to say there is no area needs strengthening is a bit too unrealistic.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:31 am

I think the priority is a central defender with pace
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:08 pm

Rafa is known as a man of psycholgical insight. In order to focus on the game on Saturday and also keep the players`mind set on the same task, Rafa claims his satisfaction with squad as it is today. This would make him and the players less a target from the media.
I bet the players are instructed to say the same, so that they won`t be caught in the same transfermarket-rollercoaster that has been driving us nuts for the last few weeks.

I`m convinced that there are transfer-talks going on, that the outer-world isn`t invited to take part in.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:41 pm

Agree addicted one
The thing I read into this is lads Im happy with you lot and think you can achieve great things and will only look to buy if someone amazing comes along.

This is a vote of confidence to the squad and a message that if we try and buy you it means we think your class
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:47 pm

That seems to be the approach by Rafa.

Seriously, we need a real right sided midfielder - perhaps not anymore but Nunez is now injured - central midfielder with more passing skill and speed and definitely a pacy central defender. This is the achiles heel. Our past success was built on the conerstone of good pacy defenders - Hansen, Lawrenson, Gillespie (I can't really remember if Emlyn Hughes was fast or not or if Thommo was quick either) - who can also play the ball out from the back.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:49 pm

Hansen pacy  ???
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:18 pm

AddictNor wrote:Rafa is known as a man of psycholgical insight. In order to focus on the game on Saturday and also keep the players`mind set on the same task, Rafa claims his satisfaction with squad as it is today. This would make him and the players less a target from the media.
I bet the players are instructed to say the same, so that they won`t be caught in the same transfermarket-rollercoaster that has been driving us nuts for the last few weeks.

I`m convinced that there are transfer-talks going on, that the outer-world isn`t invited to take part in.

well and acceptable assumption there, Addicted!
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion