Tiredness - I'm sick of this cr@p excuse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:19 pm

Get over it doom merchants .. they were tired bl**dy knackered in fact... so listen to his words and see his actions.. Benitez is correcting the incorrectable things at the club :cool:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:16 am

top 6? stu I think you are being a bit generous, Spurs are a joke, they will never get into the top half again. I don't think it was a bad result, our squad is very thin currently, hopefully this will be fixed before too long.

Keane, Defoe, Kanoute...

You tellin me we have better than that?

Cisse could be... hasn't done it. The other three are streaks ahead of Baros and Pongolle.

Then they have Davis, Davies, King and Robinson... good players. They've finally added steel to there midfield. They have potential, they shouldn't have sold Carr, that was a mistake, but the rest of the side looks pretty good.

Wtf you want me to say? So we tied, even though in my opinion we should had whooped the Spurs because we do have a better team but we didn't. I am disapointed yes, but its time to move on to the next game. Hopefully Rafa realizes that this is not the La Liga this is the Premiership in where any team can win a game no matter who they are playing. Well Everton can't.

I was on about the idiotic Houllier comment.

If Liverpool are satisfied with a draw against teams like Spurs, I reckon we're doomed to a season of mediocrity.  Until we have expectations and a desire to win every game we play (home and away) we're not going to compete with Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea.  Don't forget that Spurs sold one of their best players the week before the game and were without their first choice striker.

And we just sold our best player. So what? We drew our first game of the season against a decent side. Wheres the problem? You can't EXPECT to win every game. Sometimes you have to look at what happens and learn from it.

You can lose 4 games and afford to draw about 7 or 8 games in the course of a season and that would be enough to win you the title.

Realistically, you would look to lose against the 4 top sides away, and draw away games at the next 7 or 8 teams then win all the rest. (obviously it doesn't work like that, but its a general guide).

A point at spurs isn't the end of the world, especially under the current circumstances.
115-1073096938

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:55 am

If it was down to tiredness then id be concerned. a winning side needs fitness
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:03 am

It wasn't down to tiredness that Cisse came off no matter what Raffa the Gaffer says. It was a tactical switch which backfired..I am not complaining and still have much faith in Raffa, but I think that that was a mistake. Anyway, as the team gels and we start winning we will get a spring in our step and the results will start to come easier...I dunno about the spurs game, probbaly just a little ring rust, first game and all that...onwards and upwards from here!! :)
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:55 am

A.B. wrote:Wtf you want me to say? So we tied, even though in my opinion we should had whooped the Spurs

Are you American by any chance ???
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:33 am

yeh he is, whooped and tie give it away  :p . no problems with that btw A.B. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:50 pm

I'm not an American [yet], I'm a European who happens to live in the US :p , I am a Croat, and yes I know Igor Biscan isn't making his country proud by playing sloppy but hopefuly he can improve. :D

I would have to agree with Redordead. Cisse wasn't tired at all. Rafa tried using a tactic which backfired on him real badly. Why wasn't Cisse tired against Gratz or any other pre-season games?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion