Xabi.....right or wrong? - Was xabi right to put his new born ahead

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:59 am

somethings are more important then football....he made the right decison

congrats xabi :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Liverpool coped without Xabi, he can play 100s of games for Liverpool, but he won't attend the birth of many of his own children (probably) He's not irreplacable, in a 4-4-2 you can have Mascherano and Gerrard in the middle. We may be light one Sissoko, but I think given the travelling he was right. Had it been home second leg he might have risked it with the option to sub if his missus is in the stand pushing out Xabi Jr, but he probably wouldn't have even been focused on the game anyway
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:47 pm

There is a rumour going around that Rafa first fell out with Xabi because Xabi is still very close to Pako. Maybe Sabre knows more and could confirm deny etc? Something about Kewells baby shower?
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:38 pm

s@int wrote:There is a rumour going around that Rafa first fell out with Xabi because Xabi is still very close to Pako. Maybe Sabre knows more and could confirm deny etc? Something about Kewells baby shower?

I can't confirm nor deny that. Despite being both coming from the same province, they never met in any club before their Liverpool spell.

I can confirm though Pako Aiestaran keeps good relationship with some players. For instance he was in Madrid 1 month ago ago and instead of being at a hotel he slept in Luis Garcia's house. I do not know whether he has friendship with Xabi to be honest.

The last bit I knew about Xabi was when he was left out of the team a couple of weeks ago. He gave some tickets to some mates of San Sebastian, and after the game he seemed a bit depressed, he said he was training hard but was left out the team again. As in he was sad, but he never said anything bad about Rafa.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:49 pm

This photo seems to be causing some confusion about Pako returning. Its actually Victor Salinas, but people seem to think its Pako  :D
account deleted by request

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 pm

as someone who is due a bambino any time soon i can clear up the whole debate

xabi did as he was told by his missus as it is not even a subject to be brought up that you are going to the match when hours of pain are on the horizon for the other half.  i know i mention the fact i could get a ticket to milan away and was veto'd big time and she never would do that type of thing

still asked though:p
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:20 pm

I am not alonso's biggest fan here...but if rafa is gonna stick with the 4-3-2-1 formation, it is imperative that he keeps him here.

I am still not convinced about lucas yet and i don't think he can ever come close to the range of passes alonso hits.

With mascherano taking care of all the dirty work in midfield, alonso can finally play further up the field where he can really hurt the opposition with his awesome 1st touch, smart passes and his long range bazooka......

So hope rafa solves whatever problem he has with alonso....because lucas ain't the solution to alonso.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:25 pm

lucas will be a great understudy next season to gerrard xabi and masha as he can do all of the jobs imho just not quite as well as the current trio
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:25 pm

As for alonso staying back to witness his gf giving birth, he made the right decision IMO......

Thats his 1st baby for god's sake...who will wanna miss that ? If rafa holds a grudge with alonso for that, then there another point for me to hate rafa....  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koppite_Tom » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:47 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Having a girlfriend/wife mad at you is worse than having Rafa mad at you.

He made the right decision.

:D
Koppite_Tom

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Just to clear this up, Rafa knew the score with this, and despite apparent bans from Inter (Mirror) and irreconcilible difference (Mail) it WAS RAFA who told Alonso to stay at home with his missus.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Phil (moaning twat) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Course he was right to stay for the birth of his child, fecking hell

Some things are more important..
Phil (moaning twat)

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 am

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso may have put his Anfield future in doubt by missing the Champions League match against Inter Milan to attend the birth of his first child but what about millions of other fathers whom, for whatever reason miss the birth of their child?

Ex-QPR midfielder Martin Allen who made 136 appearances for the club back in the 80's voiced his opinion by adding...

"There is only one thing that should ever come first in your life and it isn't football...it's your family."

"As a professional player I paid for making my decision to be at the birth of my son George because I seemed to be substituted far more often afterwards by QPR manager Trevor Francis."

"I was also fined two weeks' wages which was later reduced to one week on appeal. But do I regret it? No. And I'm certain Alonso doesn't".

Allen (42) who went onto play for West Ham, Portsmouth and Southend United told The Sun...

"I was shocked and stunned at the way I was treated. I just couldn't understand it all".

After hanging up his boots Reading born Allen went onto manage Barnet before moving onto Brentford, MK Dons and finally Leicester City spoke with his managerial head-on...

"As a manager there were situations when my players' wives were due to give birth. I asked them for up-to-date news then gave them a choice."

"If they wanted to be at the birth, then fantastic, I would not pick them for a match.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:59 am

Of course it's the right decision it should not even be debated Rafa has children and is not stupid
angry manager or angry wife getting ready to give birth i know who i would be afraid to upset and it's not Rafa.

And plus it's the best thing ever seeing your kids born nothing comes close i have seen all of mine delivered
even managed one myself f..uking hospitals, but yeh well done lad nice one Xabi congrats  :cool:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Just to clear this up, Rafa knew the score with this, and despite apparent bans from Inter (Mirror) and irreconcilible difference (Mail) it WAS RAFA who told Alonso to stay at home with his missus.

I've read that there have been some official statements and that Rafa has claimed that this controversy was an artificial one and that he personally congratulated Xabi for his first son.

Indeed, he's not a girl as I've read somewhere, but a boy. His name is Jon. Basque for John.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion