Kop legend blasts rafa benitez - He deserves it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:46 pm

This goes against the grain, cuz I have enormous respect for the likes of Hansen and Lawrenson, both fantastic players in their time, amazin servants for the club and tootballers from a different age. But...... how many clubs have they had the balls to go and manage? How often are these greats puttin their neck on the line and waitin for somethin to come along and take it off?

I'd happily listen to any former manager, any ex-player thats been a manager, or any ex-player thats still a manager with comments good or bad. But if you aint got the balls to try, you have NO rights condemnin the guys that do. If you can do my job, fine, tell me how to do it better and I'll gladly listen, til then feck off.

Kenny's kept his mouth shut, yes. But how many reasons why I wonder? Could it be he knows what it takes to do what RB is tryin? Could it be he respects the fact that the guys havin a go where former players (paid by the way, not doin it for nothin) dont wanna tread?

We're all experts here, all of us could pick a better team. The upshot is we've failed to win the league for a generation, failed thru various managers and god knows how many players. This has been a strange season, no doubts about it, but for a number of reasons, not jus cuz Rafa wont play the same team twice.

Take the style of play mentioned in the Hansen interview, where CB's took the ball forward in the pass and move footy we all love to see. We can't do that at the minute, Hyypia's too old to teararse back and Carra's barely done it in his time here!! So why the old boy criticism? Simple......money.

Make no mistake about it, if this team were doin well the same former players would be bein paid to make more positive comments, but rite now negative sells. Simple.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion