Body language - Looking at gerrards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Bamaga man wrote:I prefer the younger Steven Gerrard, you know the one who hasnt got any discipline, the one who makes strong and even rash tackles at times and gets sent off in the Everton Derby. The one whos game is evolved around energy and power, the one who looks playing happy within himself and his teamates.

Give me the attacking Gerrard who scores 15-25 goals a season anyday.

You say you prefer the younger Gerrard with no discipline. Are you saying that you think Gerrard has the discipline nowadays to play central in a 4-4-2 because if you do, quite frankly you're kidding yourself imo.

Gerrard's best position is on the right side. It allows him to utilize his best asset, which is the ability to drive forward. You need patience and intelligence to play in central midfield and Gerrard hasn't an abundance of either. Problem is that he's too stubborn and selfish to realise this and treats the position as an inferior role, as he doesn't receive as much as the ball.

Anyway, in terms of his body language, he looks like a miserable ba$tard wherever he plays. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:29 pm

stmichael wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I prefer the younger Steven Gerrard, you know the one who hasnt got any discipline, the one who makes strong and even rash tackles at times and gets sent off in the Everton Derby. The one whos game is evolved around energy and power, the one who looks playing happy within himself and his teamates.

You say you prefer the younger Gerrard with no discipline. Are you saying that you think Gerrard has the discipline nowadays to play central in a 4-4-2 because if you do, quite frankly you're kidding yourself imo.

Gerrard's best position is on the right side. It allows him to utilize his best asset, which is the ability to drive forward. You need patience and intelligence to play in central midfield and Gerrard hasn't an abundance of either. Problem is that he's too stubborn and selfish to realise this and treats the position as an inferior role, as he doesn't receive as much as the ball.

Anyway, in terms of his body language, he looks like a miserable ba$tard wherever he plays. :D

Gerrard's best position is right wing? That's why he's became the world's best central midfielder. He's carried the rest of the side for the last 7 years from central midfield. He's the best central midfielder this club has ever seen. He's a central midfielder pure and simple. Anyone who thinks differntly needs to have their head examined IMO.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:56 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Gerrard's best position is right wing? That's why he's became the world's best central midfielder. He's carried the rest of the side for the last 7 years from central midfield. He's the best central midfielder this club has ever seen. He's a central midfielder pure and simple. Anyone who thinks differntly needs to have their head examined IMO.

And yet...

His best ever season was spent on the right wing...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:02 pm

I don't think his best season was on the right, in terms of goals yes, but in overall performances, between 2000-2003 was where he was at his best, for me anyway.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redhayesy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 pm

jedwards wrote:SG wants out, and his comments about forgetting the title rubbish talk, it does suggest he does not agree with his manager, who in his own foolish little world, still thinks he has a chance of winning it!!!!!!!

dear oh dear!!! :no
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Mikz wrote:I dont care if Gerrard has a whole season of lethargic displays  and we have to carry him, we would still owe it to the fella lol
Hes the bees knees ..just enjoy him and remember how lucky we are -watching the greatest player to don the red shirt :buttrock

feck me 2 in a row dear oh dear!!! :no
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:42 pm

Face it, Gerard has played left back for us and he was the best lad on the field. I think hes best on the right as well, but coming in, doing whatever he wants really.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:27 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I don't think his best season was on the right, in terms of goals yes, but in overall performances, between 2000-2003 was where he was at his best, for me anyway.

In 2000-2003 Gerrard's position was on the right side.  :D
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion