Anyone else worried - That we might not finish in the top 4?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:00 am

bigmick wrote:It really is imperative that we get back to winning ways fairly soon. Since to achieve that objective the rules of the game stipulate that you need to score more goals than the team you're playing against in order to achieve this, it might be time to consider an alternative to Kuyt. Soonish would be good, and we might even get really radical and consider playing the bloke who came off the bench tonight and scored. He does do that occasionally (I seem to remember him getting one in an FA Cup match as well recently on one of his rare appearances) and unlike Dirk, I reckon he might do it a little more often if he gets the opportunity. It's got to be worth a go surely? I'm not saying we've got to make friends or anything, just perhaps give him a go as we don't seem to have anyone else.

Dude you keep saying this every week....but how are we gonna go on a run when the team he picks is not settled ?

Instances like dropping Kuyt for one game and "hoping he becomes marco van basten during that period" and then picking him for the next game does not work. He is sh1t when we sign him..and he is sh1t now...nothing will change that. All strikers go on a run when they score. Crouch scores against luton away and gets dropped the next game. How then will he go on a scoring run ?

We can blame the owners all we want....but the manager and the players have to take the blame for the on-field display..... Rafa has to stop trying to prove that his methods work. He has to stop justifying paying 10 million for Kuyt or signing voronin or trying to fit alonso, gerrard and mash in the same team. We all know what is our strongest team....Rafa surely knows it. He has to play that team.... We might not win the next game....but we should persist with the same team (when possible)...so that the players get into the groove. Our season is so..."stop-start" this season it is unbelievable.

The players also have to do their part....I am not a fan of rafa. But I will play to my full ability whenever i am called upon even though i don't rate the manager...Gerrard has to step up. He is the captain FFS....He doesn't have to score/ or play well in every match he plays....but he should at least give 100%.... If the captain plays like he doesn't give a sh1t..how will the other players perform.... 

I said earlier that it would be a draw...and so am not suprised by this... Hope we "wake-up" soon. It won't be as easy as last season (where we literally strolled) to secure a top 4 position.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:28 am

It's the first time someone's given me a lecture on the reasons we shouldn't rotate quite so much Rock :D I'll resist the temptation To tell you to remember Valencia, that you can't play the same team in every single game and that your ideas are stuck in a bygone age :D I agree with you mate, of course we should be playing Crouch in front of Kuyt, and of course we shouldn't be rotating strikers after they've just scored a goal, or indeed anyone to the extent we do.

That said, it's not impossible to go on a run whilst rotating, we did it earlier in the season. The reality is though it takes longer it seems to get that run going, and when you do it also seems you are more vulnerable to completely coming off the rails with minimum persuasion and your blips turn into bliiiiiiiiiiips.

As for your assertion that you "will play to your full ability whenever you are called upon" :D , so will I Rock. Maybe we could play up front with Torres, you can play the first 87 mins and I'll come on in the last three and grab the glory with a two yard tap in   :;):
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:16 am

Every team rotates ffs.  Why can't some people realize it's not the rotation that's doing the damage it's lack of quality players.  I'm sure that if we had a world class winger like Ronaldo Rafa wouldn't rotate him every game.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby D___C » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:36 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Every team rotates ffs.  Why can't some people realize it's not the rotation that's doing the damage it's lack of quality players.  I'm sure that if we had a world class winger like Ronaldo Rafa wouldn't rotate him every game.

Oh its the players then...well who signed those shitty players...for the same price as Kuyt we could have had Berbatov, for less than Pennant we could have had Rosicky, for almost twice as less as Babel we could have had Van Persie. Face facts, rafa is clueless and the sooner he goes the better. He took over nearly 4 years ago when we had just finished 4th...4 years later we are 5th and there is zero improvement.
D___C

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:44 am

Oh its the players then...well who signed those shitty players...for the same price as Kuyt we could have had Berbatov, for less than Pennant we could have had Rosicky, for almost twice as less as Babel we could have had Van Persie. Face facts, rafa is clueless and the sooner he goes the better. He took over nearly 4 years ago when we had just finished 4th...4 years later we are 5th and there is zero improvement.

What does that make Ferguson then?

Veron: £30m.

7 years until title no.1

Absolutely 100% f*cking clueless?

Not bad for one of the most successful managers of all time.
LFC2007

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:47 am

D___C wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:Every team rotates ffs.  Why can't some people realize it's not the rotation that's doing the damage it's lack of quality players.  I'm sure that if we had a world class winger like Ronaldo Rafa wouldn't rotate him every game.

and so wenger is the genius here eh? wow wonder how many finals that wenger has taken them too? rafa has taken us to 2 champions league finals , u fuc,king ar$ehole and won actually won , which wenger took 11 years to do and yet he could not win it , wenger had longer time to rebuild his squad , rafa has had what 4 years, yes the league is whr we have to improve but don't forget the league is also improving . This man deserves our respect and if u are a fan pls show ti to him , in the same timespan what has arsenal won or abt what final have they gone too??None of the current english managers can compare to what rafa has done in a modern game within 4 years  , check up ferguson's track record within his first four years before u ever post sh!te like that again , i doubt u're even a red fan

Liverpool 2 , champions league finals , 1 fa cup final , 1 charity shield
3  cups and 1 champions league finals lost

In rafa we trust
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:50 am

LFC2007 wrote:

What does that make Ferguson then?

Veron: £30m.

7 years until title no.1

Absolutely 100% f*cking clueless?

Not bad for one of the most successful managers of all time.

Yes , i posted something similar to that
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:27 am

AnfieldAde wrote:I am very worried...I have started an on-line petition, which I will forward to all G & H's known companies & every media outlet that I can think of.....show your displeasure at our owners by signing the petition....

http://www.petitiononline.com/leaveus/petition.html

Well done Ade!
You have 12 sigs lad!I bet Hicks is rolling around in his cashmere quilt and duck feathers! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:39 am

For the rafa apologists among us...are u seriously deluded in thinking that this moron Benitez is good enough for my club? ???

HONESTLY? ???

Does it ever occur to you why on both Everton and Man United message boards they LOVE Rafa....why???..cause they know like we all know deep down that we will NEVER come close to a League title under him. Hes a bloody joke.
Last edited by D___C on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
D___C

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:45 am

D___C wrote:For the rafa apologists among us...are u seriously deluded in thinking that this moron Benitez is good enough for my club? ???

HONESTLY? ???

Does it ever occur to you why on both Everton and Man United message boards they LOVE Rafa....why???..cause they know like we all know deep down that we will NEVER come close to a League title under him. Hes a bloody joke.

How do you know what they say on Scum and Bluenose boards?? :cool:

Personally i support LFC and don t care what they say!

Explain?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:54 am

I can honestly say i've never been as worried about the club as i am now. If tweedle dee and tweedle dumb remain in charge of the club it looks like we will have repayments of £30m a year to make on loans. Add to this the fact that its possible we may not make the Champions League next season and we have a recipe for disaster. Its quite frightning really. Look what happened to Leeds. They missed out on the CL, couldn't make the repayments and ended up having to sell all their best players. Imagine losing our best players? Gerrard, Torres etc.

In an odd sort of way the result last night may help things. Hopefully it will bring home the message to the two :censored: in charge that they may not have the revenue from the CL next season. This may make the £50m profit each DIC are reported to be offering more tempting.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby takeactionnow » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:37 pm

couldnt agree more, really worried about the rumours  just want this to go away:(
takeactionnow

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 pm

D___C wrote:For the rafa apologists among us...are u seriously deluded in thinking that this moron Benitez is good enough for my club? ???

HONESTLY? ???

Did you go the match last night lad or was you sittin in your nice comfy chair with the sound turned down because you are in the minority mate listen to what the supporters who go the game sing i cant here them singin for anyone else but your moron Benitez

:censored: amazed at your post ok there are fans who dint like what he does but he is our manager lad so :censored: support him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:53 pm

We really cant afford ANY slip ups from here on in.

Everton seem to be on a roll and looking at the remaining fixtures its going to be neck and neck
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby timmit » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

HONESTLY? ???

Did you go the match last night lad or was you sittin in your nice comfy chair with the sound turned down because you are in the minority mate listen to what the supporters who go the game sing i cant here them singin for anyone else but your moron Benitez

:censored: amazed at your post ok there are fans who dint like what he does but he is our manager lad so :censored: support him

I think the Gillett and Hick saga could have possibly been the best possible thing to happen to Rafa. The natives WERE getting restless and I thought that maybe the tide was beginning to turn. Then out came Tom Hicks with his Klinsmann thing. Coupled with the financial issues and the result was that we all closed ranks as we do very well in Merseyside during times of crisis.

But I have no doubt that it bought Rafa a lot more time with us fans as a result
We are the champions, champions of Europe
timmit

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion