Best goals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:07 pm

el_stinger wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:I've just been skimming through this thread again and have enjoyed following the posted links and seeing some of these goals for the first time (Fowler !!!)

Is there someone out there, more techno-savvy than I, who could dig up some links to some of the other great goals mentioned?

Any excuse to avoid work would be welcomed!  :D

Gday mate,

you can join up at www.fbtz.com

there you can get torrents on most football on the net. And its constantly updated.

Let me know what you think

Cheers Mate, I'll check it out!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:16 pm

Papoose,

Thanks for the links, mate...

Tremendous stuff, especially Gary Mac's strike against the Bitters!! :bowdown

As for Cisse's compilation, there were definitely some tremendous goals and some nice skills on display...

But as a couple of people (Big Mick, Ice-Man) noted on the Aguerro thread, beware compilation videos: some good editing and a kickin' soundtrack can make most players look like world beaters...

Honestly, I say this not to slate Cisse (again) but to suggest that "video evidence" is not the be all and end all (which is as true with Aguerro as it is with Cisse).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:05 pm

I watched the Champs league final (again!) on Friday night and i really did appreciate (not sure i did fully before) just what a special header Stevie scores to start the comeback. With the skill involved, the timing of the goal and the context of the game i wondered why it hadn't been mentioned in this post. I'm not sure you will ever see a better headed goal?

What's the best LFC headed goal you can remember seeing?

I can remember Steve Nichol scoring with an awesome header from just outside the box on the opening day of the season against Arsenal. That was back in the late eighties i think (maybe 87-88)
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:13 pm

Thats funny u should mention that scottbot, I was watching a clip of last seasons lfc goals this morning and saw gerrards header against milan, they showed it again in slow motion and I thought the exact same thing, he executed it perfectly he actually got up a fair height and waited for it and to place it in the far corner was class! ultimate living legend! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Scottbot wrote:What's the best LFC headed goal you can remember seeing?

I can remember Steve Nichol scoring with an awesome header from just outside the box on the opening day of the season against Arsenal. That was back in the late eighties i think (maybe 87-88)

that header was phenomenal.

garcia's header at home against anderlecht this season was pretty special. he was basically on the edge of the penalty area when he headed it but it was a perfect contact which gave the keeper no chance.

to be honest, garcia is on of our best headers of the ball, mainly because he can time his jump. crouch could learn a lot from him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:28 pm

No contest

Nevilles against Everton,

I was in the main and nearly ended up in the paddock   :buttrock
teamleader1

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:53 pm

stmichael wrote:garcia's header at home against anderlecht this season was pretty special. he was basically on the edge of the penalty area when he headed it but it was a perfect contact which gave the keeper no chance.

to be honest, garcia is on of our best headers of the ball, mainly because he can time his jump. crouch could learn a lot from him.

Spot on Saint, in fact i think he is possibly our best header of a ball. I went to the Pompey game at Fratton Park last season when he outjumped Morientes (who was going for the same ball) to power the opening goal in. Crazy to think the smallest guy on the park can be the best header in the team. I always felt Owen was also excellent (albeit underated) with his head.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Frank Worthington

Had to do a bit of searching for this post... I reckon this one by Frank was probably the best goal I've ever witnessed first hand..  :bowdown  check out the Referee - even he was clapping.
PhiLFC

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 pm

Great goal that Phil I remember it well. This one is the Coventry free kick with Carr and Hunt. Tricky free kick
account deleted by request

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:52 pm

Red wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:I'm guessing the goal in question was the much-disputed goalmouth scramble.

More important symbolically than artistically, definitely. :D

OMFG that goal :oops:  LMAO i feel so stupid now, i was expecting someone to say it was a scorcher (not saying that the symbolically than artistically, definitely goal was :censored:) :p

:rasp

lol, looking through this topic i saw what i put, i think i was drunk when i typed this above, because it makes no sense at all.  :p
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Yessicajax » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:52 am

Like everybody already know this goal from:
Ryan Babel
So nice.
Other great goal from:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Great goal (it was Ajax-Nac Breda.)And still great to see.
-x-
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:48 am

Not sure if its been put up already. But one of the best goals ive seen was on 02/09/1978 vs Spurs at home...im sure some of you will remember that date.

"Johnson.....Heighway......McDermott"  enough said. Great goal from one end to the other.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Barns, Rush, Barns....COLLYMORE CLOSING INNNNNN!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:02 pm

owen v benfica

owen goal
duk

Postby whtwht » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 pm

:Oo:

good headers...

Anyone remember john Barnes header away to Villa back in the late 80's - from memory it was a great header into the bottom corner - mightve been a televised game but i used to remember they used it in the compilation intro to saint and Greavies show
whtwht

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion