Christmas decorations

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:01 pm

When do they go up in your house?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:12 pm

first of december brother...although IF i had my way theyd be up now  :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Usually 12 days before and take them down 12 days after
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:16 pm

1 day after Sinterklaas..so that is 6th of December
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:04 am

NANNY RED wrote:Usually 12 days before and take them down 12 days after

Very sensible. I wish more people would adopt that attitude and not go mental and start sticking up decorations as early as October . Whenever I see them in a window so early, I just want to beat the person who put them up. Christmas lasts a week, people. Not f*cking TWO MONTHS!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:07 am

Emerald Red wrote:

Very sensible. I wish more people would adopt that attitude and not go mental and start sticking up decorations as early as October . Whenever I see them in a window so early, I just want to beat the person who put them up. Christmas lasts a week, people. Not f*cking TWO MONTHS!

Why not, shops sell xmas cards and the like on halloween ! 1st week in november all the ads are dominated by toys for kids.

Oh and next week ours will be going up, not my choice mind id rather not have one !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:02 am

i love christmas stuff.
But here in amsterdam the christmas decoration is already hanging in the shops and houses. sinterklaas is not here yet(Is Almost the same as Christmas but a othr guy)
Man oh Man why cant they w8 till Sinterklaas is gone again.
Pffff...
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:11 am

Emerald Red wrote:

ack dry yer eyes scroogey wheres yer christmas spirit-mine will be up soon -call up to Lisburn and have a wee gander  :;):
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:28 am

council estates in wigan are always the first place to put the deccys up, usually as soon as they're back off their summer holidays :laugh:

mine go up around the 10th, then get hauled down again on new years day or the day after usually. i love christmas to bits but people need to get a grip, just cos tescos put the xmas sh*te out in october doesn't mean you have to as well :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:33 am

:laugh: and i really believe that-bet youre off now setting up your nativity scene
Last edited by Mikz on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:46 am

Mikz wrote:first of december brother...although IF i had my way theyd be up now  :D

same here  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:06 am

My old dear hates putting up the deccy's me and my sister would have to force her too. But I cant stand Christmas deccys going up early, I get that from my Mum. :D

The mother-in-law on the other hand :laugh: still has her tree up from last Christmas, its been up ALL Fecking year :D

My misses will probably want deccy's up in our own house, but I cant be @rsed really ............ Bah humbug I think I'm turning into me mum. :D
66-1112520797

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:25 am

You love it Bamaga man!  :D  Get them up, and get into the swing of xmas-get a bit of shakin stevens playin in the background ...and bring a smile to everyones face

by the way- MERRY XMAS!!  AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YA!

:D
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:31 am

Maybe thats what my x-mas is missing, a bit of shakin stevens :D

Happy Easter brother Mikz :D
66-1112520797

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:15 am

Mikz wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

ack dry yer eyes scroogey wheres yer christmas spirit-mine will be up soon -call up to Lisburn and have a wee gander  :;):

Because, like I said, Christmas lasts one week. It's ok having a Christmas spirit before that, but I find putting up decorations two months in advance to be seriously tacky. I just think it's bad enough having corporations shoving their sh*t down your throat as soon as they know they can get away with it, and that's just after Halloween. I always think that if not for Halloween, they'd  bombard us with advertisements as early as the start of October. I just find it all sickening, really. And all those advertisements without a mention of ol' JC himself. He'd be well p*ssed.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum