Mcmanaman blasts reds - Always did think he was a c0ck!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 pm

puroresu wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Surely the last two seasons have showed that we have been far to cautious in too many league games.  Carry on with this and the results will be the same. The negative attitude does not work. 

I dont buy all this 'teams come to anfield with 10 behind the ball' as some sort of excuse either.  Teams go to Utd, Emirates, and chelsea playing that way yet I dont hear the same excuses.  Some weaker teams will come to Anfield and put plenty men behind the ball but thats no excuse for the lack of guile, flair and imagination.

Good points and I agree with the sentiments.

Its okay for us to play the way we do in Europe, thats fine. But not the same way in the league two different games. The European where the technicality of football is higher than say your run of the meal Prem game, is perfect for Rafa and his "over" analysed chess like tactics.

But for the Prem IMHO those tactics are not needed as much and Rafa should trust his players enough to play without the shackles and tactics they do in Europe. As technically we're better than most Premiership teams so we dominate more in possesion when needed. Thus the crying calling for guile, skill, attacking creating and end productivity is needed.

exactly.  In Europe I see where Rafa is coming from. Its the league where things need changing.  The lack of genuine chances created in some games is shocking. This season i hope things are changed its just whether its in Rafa's makeup to not be so cautious

I kind of agree but the main problem we have is the finishing, in aalmost every game we control possession and territory yet fail to win. We need to be that little bit more attacking but also be far more clinical in front of goal. Hopefully Torres can give us that together with Crouch, who keeps getting better and better, and Kuyt who I think has finally settled in. And then Voronin and Babbel can also hopefully settle quickly and help in attack.
heimdall

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:37 am

point is, Macca is allowed his opinion. 21 points behind the scum is embarassing for any LFC fan.

but no matter who we sign, the mac sum and chelski will still go out and spend too.

what are [/U]we[U] going to do to aapt, and try and win the league.?
Torres 2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:48 am

what are [/U]we[U] going to do to aapt, and try and win the league.?

Win more games than any other team.  :lookaround
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Didn't want to create a new thread....so thought i will just post here...

BTW i agree with kenny on benayoun... I think he will be our best player (out of the new signings) this season.

And i disagree with him on the scums winnning again. I think Arsenal will win it this season.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156592070805-0936.htm

Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool's greatest ever player, has tipped Yossi Benayoun to be the man to inspire a serious title challenge from the Reds this season.
Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel may have cost more money and created greater headlines on arrival than the former West Ham midfielder but Anfield's most famous No.7 believes that the Israeli international could prove one of Rafael Benitez's most inspired buys.

"My old club Liverpool have had a busy summer and boss Rafa Benitez has pulled off some big transfers," claimed Dalglish today. "Fernando Torres has come for a big fee and Ryan Babel looks full of promise but I believe their most impressive signing could turn out to be Yossi Benayoun, who gives them a dimension they have not had in midfield.

"If he can work his magic in midfield then the Liverpool punters will take him to their hearts. There was a question or two about how big an investment the new American owners at Anfield were willing to make but they have now put their money where their mouths are."

King Kenny's Premiership Top Prediction

1. MANCHESTER UNITED
2. LIVERPOOL
3. CHELSEA
4. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
5. ARSENAL
6. EVERTON
7. WEST HAM
8. PORTSMOUTH
9. BLACKBURN ROVERS
10. NEWCASTLE UNITED
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:52 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:I think too often Rafa gives the other teams too much credit and respect.

He adjusts the system to accomodate teams like Everscum and Bolton.

Our attitude should be "we are going to kill these bastardos" and make THEM change their system to contain us. Throw them off their usual game and we should set the tone of the match.

i buzz off u man
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion