Rafa wanted distin - According to harry

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 am

Harry Redknapp has revealed that Liverpool almost hijacked his move for French defender Sylvain Distin.

Distin sparked a major transfer scramble over the weekend when confirming his departure from Manchester City.

Portsmouth boss Redknapp struck an accord with Distin's advisors, but the move was almost scuppered by a rival gambit from Anfield.

Liverpool's offer caused Redknapp some anxious moments, but Distin remained true to his word by signing for Pompey on Wednesday.

And after wrapping up the deal, Redknapp told The Sun: "I panicked when Liverpool came in with a late offer.

"But, thankfully, we'd struck an agreement."
puroresu

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 10:58 am

I Don't know this player  :no

RIISEEEEEEEE

PS. I'm not Englis, so I don't speak very well your language... sorry :(
Vartol

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 24, 2007 11:02 am

Im sorry but this is not the standard of player we should be going for.  Glad we didnt get him, we need to think much bigger than this
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 11:05 am

What's him role? defender central, right or left?

RIISEEEEEEEE

Vartol

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 11:06 am

central defender
puroresu

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 11:08 am

mmmm

I like so much Senderos (Arsenal) or Curtis Davies (West Brom)...

for me, two powerful players
Last edited by Vartol on Thu May 24, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIISEEEEEEEE

Vartol

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 24, 2007 11:19 am

Don't know why people would not want him here. Especially on a free transfer. He might not be automatic first choice but he would be a brilliant squad player, and if the rumours about Sami wanting to leave, he would of been a perfect replacement.

He might not of took Aggers place in the team but he would of pushed Agger to perform better and he is not a bad player.

Some people need to stop aiming for the stars with our signings. Senderos is a young quality centreback and would cost megabucks to come here  and be a squad player. Distin was on a free, and would of been perfect.

Nice to see him stick to his word with Pompey though. Top man with morals.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 11:22 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Don't know why people would not want him here. Especially on a free transfer. He might not be automatic first choice but he would be a brilliant squad player, and if the rumours about Sami wanting to leave, he would of been a perfect replacement.

He might not of took Aggers place in the team but he would of pushed Agger to perform better and he is not a bad player.

Some people need to stop aiming for the stars with our signings. Senderos is a young quality centreback and would cost megabucks to come here  and be a squad player. Distin was on a free, and would of been perfect.

yes... truth

RIISEEEEEEEE

Vartol

Postby weringo » Thu May 24, 2007 11:35 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Don't know why people would not want him here. Especially on a free transfer. He might not be automatic first choice but he would be a brilliant squad player, and if the rumours about Sami wanting to leave, he would of been a perfect replacement.

Exactly, Distin is a decent player and if theres any position we need cover for its definately centre back. People just assume because he plays for Man City that hes :censored:, didn't Man City have a pretty good defensive record this season anyway?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu May 24, 2007 11:44 am

Clearly we do need a cenre-half, particularly if Hyppia left but probably even if he didn't. Paletta doesn't look like one you could rely on, and you would really need four at the start of a campaign to consider yourself anywhere near covered. Should only one of them get injured, you are down to playing two from three with the other on the bench so clearly we are going to need somebody. My suspicion is that with this in mind, talk of Hyppia leaving is premature.

I've said a couple of times that my choice would be Curtis davis from west Brom. He's quick, strong, good in the air and appears by virtue of the fact that he was made captain at an extremely young age to posess good character. He's cost over ten mill like as not and is by no means an original, out of the blue choice as the World and his brother has looked at him, but my feeling is that he has what it takes to push our first choicers very hard for a starting slot.

BTW Disitin on a free would have been a very tidy aquisition.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu May 24, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 11:47 am

I like Davis but the price being talked about is crazy.  Didnt west brom last year turn down a silly bid from pompey.
puroresu

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 11:48 am

puroresu wrote:I like Davis but the price being talked about is crazy.  Didnt west brom last year turn down a silly bid from pompey.

How much Davis cost?

RIISEEEEEEEE

Vartol

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 24, 2007 12:57 pm

I would prefer Milito, who is fast and a great tackler (not so good in the air), but Curtis Davis would be a great signing, and he wouldnt need as much time to adapt.

Distin would have been a good signing for free, but we could always sign Bramble for free :D
account deleted by request

Postby monkey 20 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:25 pm

gabriel milito would be a great signing, but he would also command a resonable tranfer fee, but great player to bring in to push agger...
monkey 20

Postby Elchris » Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 pm

why are we going for him when we have a much better sami hyypia ???

i noe we are looking for cover , might as well go with a young quality one...
Elchris

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion