Big sammi to leave? - This summer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun May 20, 2007 10:38 pm

Somebody must have suggested Sami to the barcodes 'cos a team that spends £5 million on Titus Bramble without having a gun held to their head obviously can't pick out a quality defender like sami on their own.  :D

The day he does leave will be a sad one and he does have a lot to give to the game still. I think that his days as a regular starter at anfield are definately numbered though with the emergance of Agger.
At times earlier this season his legs seemed to be showing signs of losing any pace that he had left and at times he seemed to be getting caught out of position very easily.

When you consider that we paid just over £2m for him and once he was established teams were willing to pay 10 times that for his services it shows that houllier was capable at times of signing decent players.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Mon May 21, 2007 7:32 am

sammi I think you gave our defence tooooo much but all that was in the past now you can't play with liver you have leave as king
and we will hope a good career to you
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby akumaface » Mon May 21, 2007 8:38 am

I'm sad to see him leave (either in the summer or later). He is one of my most favourite Liverpool player because of his intelligent and certainty. He is so calm and poise that he really has the perfect mentality of a CB. Not to mention he is also tremendous in the air. I guess age has finally caught up to him and just want to say good luck to him in whereever he ends up. I salute him with all my heart. YNWA!
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 21, 2007 9:27 am

s@int wrote:Great player and he's shown great charactor, never made a fuss when they gave the captaincy to Gerrard , or when he has lost his place in the team. If he wants more regular football he will have to move as Agger seems to have cemented his place as first choice now. Which ever team gets him is very lucky, and I hope he gets a good contract. As with Hamman I can understand him leaving but I would really like him to stay.

Offer Newcastle Hyypia and Cisse for Owen ?

Would we want Owen considering how injury prone he is?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DazH- » Mon May 21, 2007 9:44 am

One word for Sami - legend! But he is getting on a bit and Agger has taken his place so I can see him moving on and Newcastle looks like a place where he could command a regular place so if he wants that I don't think rafa will stand in his way.
Wouldn't take Owen back though
DazH-

Postby metalhead » Mon May 21, 2007 9:52 am

I would be devestated if he left, I say give him two more seasons, he still is boss in defence.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DazH- » Mon May 21, 2007 10:15 am

metalhead wrote:I would be devestated if he left, I say give him two more seasons, he still is boss in defence.

Fair enough I know where you're coming from I'd be sad to see him go but I wouldn't go as far as saying I would be devastated. As I've said Agger and Carragher are the undisputed first choice fair so I think Sami will leave in the summer to get regular first team games and good luck to him.
Sami, if you do go, you will be missed, you are a legend, one of the greats   :bowdown
Of course I could be a bit premature here as there is still apossibility he could stay and he does have something still to offer as a squad player!
DazH-

Postby metalhead » Mon May 21, 2007 10:18 am

DazH- wrote:
metalhead wrote:I would be devestated if he left, I say give him two more seasons, he still is boss in defence.

Fair enough I know where you're coming from I'd be sad to see him go but I wouldn't go as far as saying I would be devastated. As I've said Agger and Carragher are the undisputed first choice fair so I think Sami will leave in the summer to get regular first team games and good luck to him.
Sami, if you do go, you will be missed, you are a legend, one of the greats   :bowdown
Of course I could be a bit premature here as there is still apossibility he could stay and he does have something still to offer as a squad player!

I would be devestated because I was always confident that he will end his career with liverpool.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon May 21, 2007 10:21 am

I would try to keep him for at least another season unless we buy another CH, its going to leave us a bit short in that area if anything happens to Carra or Agger. He can still perform well enough to do a great job for us, not so much against players with pace but he has never been the quickest over the ground but quick enough in the head
destro

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 21, 2007 10:21 am

Offer Sami and five million to Manchester City, in exchange for Micah Richards.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DazH- » Mon May 21, 2007 10:21 am

So was I but if he wanted to leave to get regular first team football  then I would respect that
DazH-

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 21, 2007 10:25 am

Lucio is a good CB.

How much would he cost?
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon May 21, 2007 10:28 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Offer Sami and five million to Manchester City, in exchange for Micah Richards.

City are no mugs , they would never go for that !

they can give US 5 million plus Richards for Sami  :laugh:
destro

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 21, 2007 10:39 am

they can give US 5 million plus Richards for Sami 

Hold on, I'm on the phone to Manchester City's new owner, Liam Gallagher.

I am offering this new deal. Here is the phone transcript:

TMP: "Erm...hello, Liam?"

Liam: -snorts- "yeah man what's ooop?"

TMP: "How about you giving us some money and Micah Richards for Big Sami Hyypia?"

Liam: "mad fer eet like john lennon man"

TMP: "Are you high right now?"

Liam: "yeah where we you when we were gettin' high faster than a cannonball....."

TMP: "Uh...I'll call back later".
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Mon May 21, 2007 11:28 am

For me, Sami is like a 'good husband' to LFC. For good or for bad, he was always there for us. Unlike some, when we were down at times and when we needed them most but then they chose to leave us for what they thought was better for themselves perhaps. But of late, sad to have to notice that those some seek to return 'home' knowing LFC Glory Days are back.

So Sam i say it now, a big Thank You for all these years with us. And when you talk to Rafa on 24th, after our victory, you decide whatever the outcome ... knowing that you will always be with us in history. :bowdown
lio

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion