Reporting posts to moderators. - A couple of pointers.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue May 08, 2007 1:20 pm

well i only had 14 "reported posts" this morning.

to be honest i count that as a good day  :D
Last edited by stmichael on Tue May 08, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Tue May 08, 2007 1:23 pm

s@int wrote:I'm not really sure how the report this post to a mod really works Mick. If I pressed it by accident or out of curiosity, would you automatically get a PM or do you get another option screen?

I'm not sure how it works either saint, but I think if you see a post which is offensive to you and hit the "report this post to a moderator" button, it appears to send me (and the other mods I assume) a pm, with a link. When I click on that link, it takes me to the page of thread in question, so there may be a dozen posts on that page and I search for the one that's offensive. Now if it's somebody (not mentioning any names) saying saomebody is a "bellend, stop talking sh!te, END OF!" then it's not a problem. I can pm the author and say please don't do that, or dish out a card or whatever. If however the post is not quite so obvious (and believe me many aren't) then it's my task to scroll through and pick out the dodgy one. Sometimes, as in the example I've quoted there isn't anything even remotely dodgy and I'm left scratching my head.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue May 08, 2007 1:25 pm

stmichael wrote:well i only had 14 "reported posts" this morning.

to be honest i count that as a good day  :D

...even if it is Tuesday.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:20 pm

yeh saint, the mod gets sent a link that just shows the relebent opage on the thread, when you click the report button you get another screen, on this screen you can type your complaint in more detail before then sending it to the mods, if you click on the report button you will see what i mean ( dont worry it wont send a report).

it seems mick wasnt aware that a message could be typed in so he obviously wasnt looking for the message
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:29 pm

:D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Tue May 08, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 4:26 pm

peewee wrote:yeh saint, the mod gets sent a link that just shows the relebent opage on the thread, when you click the report button you get another screen, on this screen you can type your complaint in more detail before then sending it to the mods, if you click on the report button you will see what i mean ( dont worry it wont send a report).

it seems mick wasnt aware that a message could be typed in so he obviously wasnt looking for the message

Hear, hear, he knows well the button.  :D

I don't understand how you made houndreds of posts for being demodded, when it's a fúcking bless to not have that constraint and not having to be impartial.

You and your multiple complaints are a nuisance for any mod. In this thread people can check and read how you distort reality. Bigmick says "Despite they do not that often", and your brain registers "you say that often". You seem to have problems to understand, at first I thought it was you making mistakes but I've learnt that you do that all the time. For instance when I say "I resign", you understand "He was fired".

For instance when the mods say "Sabre didn't complain" you understand "Sabre complained". For instance you admit to know well how reporting to other mods work, and you know that everymod reads the report. But when my fellow mods said I didn't complain, you didn't believe me and kept your agenda, that wasn't other than the one of getting me out of modship. Here I am, with a big feeling of relief for having **RESIGNED** and proud not to have been de-modded as you were.

You must think your own shíte do not stink and have instead  big goes on everyone else's posts, you can see this everytime someone says you're OTT, "As if I care what you think" etc.

I've resigned for a reason, but a secondary one is to have the freedom to tell you a couple of truths, without hearing "look at what a mod he is". Now I don't have my hands tied. And now I have the freedom to tell you this. So I hope you're happy to hear it because you've been waiting this moment for a month, including a request for me to do the right thing in your sig, not to mention the previous one.

You write multiple PM messages to make the people understand how good guy you are, and how bad is everyone else that dares to have a different opinion. You not only report posts, you also report PMs when it suits you well. That isn't a problem to claim respect to "privacy" in this thread.

Sorry mods, I had to say this and I now have the freedom to do so. I cannot imagine a worse reaction from Peewee than the one he had with me some weeks back and he kept all this time by PM, so see if I care what he might answer back. I've been about a month being interrogated by this internet Béllick and for a change, I wanted to be in the attacking part.

Peewee, this is the last public message you'll ever read from me as I'm going to ignore your posts right now. Your football input is clueless anyway, and  I won't miss it. Your insults and the opinion of your friends are meaningless, so come on spout them here, all I have to do to be happy is to ignore everything I don't like. I'll focus on what I come here for, this site is particularly interesting for LFC and football, as a moderator, to be honest, it's not particularly interesting but a nuisance.

Now have a go if you like, but I suggest you breath deeply 10 seconds before you do it. When you write nervously your degree in laws disappears and you write things like "relebent", "comparrisson" and "properley".

*plonk*  :buttrock
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue May 08, 2007 5:02 pm

:O Sabre you've resigned ? Why ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 5:09 pm

Already stated in the locked thread of general chat and I won't repeat it. I just want the people respect the remaining mods, because they deserve it.

Being a mod was a task, I simply don't feel like doing any more in this site, Zarababe. The interesting part of this forum is LFC related (for me).
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue May 08, 2007 5:18 pm

I see what you mean - I have to say the fun has gone from this place - eons ago we could laff about things and it was a fun place to hang out - now its become too serious, grudge ridden, 'I'm better then thou' and a place for bullies to rule - sad really how things decline - but not important in the scheme of things now is it -  and now for helping my babe prepare for her SATs she'll be 7 on the same day as Stevie G (30 May) and she's doin her exams :( what is that all about ???

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Sabre wrote:
peewee wrote:yeh saint, the mod gets sent a link that just shows the relebent opage on the thread, when you click the report button you get another screen, on this screen you can type your complaint in more detail before then sending it to the mods, if you click on the report button you will see what i mean ( dont worry it wont send a report).

Hear, hear, he knows well the button.  :D

I don't understand how you made houndreds of posts for being demodded, when it's a fúcking bless to not have that constraint and not having to be impartial.

You and your multiple complaints are a nuisance for any mod. In this thread people can check and read how you distort reality. Bigmick says "Despite they do not that often", and your brain registers "you say that often". You seem to have problems to understand, at first I thought it was you making mistakes but I've learnt that you do that all the time. For instance when I say "I resign", you understand "He was fired".

For instance when the mods say "Sabre didn't complain" you understand "Sabre complained". For instance you admit to know well how reporting to other mods work, and you know that everymod reads the report. But when my fellow mods said I didn't complain, you didn't believe me and kept your agenda, that wasn't other than the one of getting me out of modship. Here I am, with a big feeling of relief for having **RESIGNED** and proud not to have been de-modded as you were.

You must think your own shíte do not stink and have instead  big goes on everyone else's posts, you can see this everytime someone says you're OTT, "As if I care what you think" etc.

I've resigned for a reason, but a secondary one is to have the freedom to tell you a couple of truths, without hearing "look at what a mod he is". Now I don't have my hands tied. And now I have the freedom to tell you this. So I hope you're happy to hear it because you've been waiting this moment for a month, including a request for me to do the right thing in your sig, not to mention the previous one.

You write multiple PM messages to make the people understand how good guy you are, and how bad is everyone else that dares to have a different opinion. You not only report posts, you also report PMs when it suits you well. That isn't a problem to claim respect to "privacy" in this thread.

Sorry mods, I had to say this and I now have the freedom to do so. I cannot imagine a worse reaction from Peewee than the one he had with me some weeks back and he kept all this time by PM, so see if I care what he might answer back. I've been about a month being interrogated by this internet Béllick and for a change, I wanted to be in the attacking part.

Peewee, this is the last public message you'll ever read from me as I'm going to ignore your posts right now. Your football input is clueless anyway, and  I won't miss it. Your insults and the opinion of your friends are meaningless, so come on spout them here, all I have to do to be happy is to ignore everything I don't like. I'll focus on what I come here for, this site is particularly interesting for LFC and football, as a moderator, to be honest, it's not particularly interesting but a nuisance.

Now have a go if you like, but I suggest you breath deeply 10 seconds before you do it. When you write nervously your degree in laws disappears and you write things like "relebent", "comparrisson" and "properley".

*plonk*  :buttrock

Sabre can I refer you to part of you sig

RFF brigade. Reclaim the Football Forums, keep buffoon posts in General chat.

:nod   :nod   :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Of course you can, and I'm grateful. :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue May 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Oh oh woof you might be done for now - Big Mick posted this thread in this section for a reason - I can't think what that reason is at the moment - but it was for a reason - I think - what do you think ???

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 08, 2007 5:40 pm

zarababe wrote:Oh oh woof you might be done for now - Big Mick posted this thread in this section for a reason - I can't think what that reason is at the moment - but it was for a reason - I think - what do you think ???

I think Big Micks thread is about to degenerate into something else , something that will result in a lot of buttons being pressed.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue May 08, 2007 5:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
zarababe wrote:Oh oh woof you might be done for now - Big Mick posted this thread in this section for a reason - I can't think what that reason is at the moment - but it was for a reason - I think - what do you think ???

I think Big Micks thread is about to degenerate into something else , something that will result in a lot of buttons being pressed.

:D  :laugh: Lock this thread NOWWWWWWWW  !!!   :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:26 pm

do you think bigmick will get upset if i report this thread as it has nothing to do with Liverpool and football and its in the Liverpool FC - General Discussion part.

sorry bigmick only a joke.

i do think that some might click the button when they try to quote a post and miss.
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion