PORTSMOUTH VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:37 pm

Good fightback from us in the 2nd half, i thought we would have got the draw we deserved.

I thought Alonso played well, hyppia was very solid and a good header.

Arbeloa was poor! wtf is happening to him? too many mistakes, especially the 2nd goal.

Good to see Insua starting his debut today, he looked very nervous and inexperienced though.

Zenden, awful.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:02 am

Red shirts, red shorts and.....erm....white socks?

That's why we lost.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:09 am

adamnbarrett wrote:
Well Red wrote:
Feeney wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Arbeloas has not looked good since he got here.

like Josemi, his first few games were decent. Now look what happened to Josemi and what's slowly happening to Arbeloa.

there will always be a chance of a player getting home sick thats what it looks like to me.

'kin hell guys, he's only played what, half a dozen games? Give the kid a chance before we start writing him off eh?  :O

Yes, he's struggled in a couple of games but he's come from a different country, probably doesn't speak the language and is adapting to a much more physical game. I'll reserve judgement for now....

hear hear
some poeple are so fickle...  ???

well to be honest mate. He is another player we signed that was not his first choice target.

We all know he wanted Lucas Neil and not Arbeloa.

He has done well in his first few games and I'm worried because he made more or less the same mistake today as he did on Wednesday.

Also we cannot really have a go because as lakes said we don't know what's going on behind the scenes which I admit, I forgot about. Is that a crime?

Must be as I'm fickle  :Oo:

To be fair on him he if i'm not mistaken he's a left-back
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:34 am

Nice to see Fowler getting a second assist in as many appearances. Not a great result but when you make so many changes and leave out so many of your best players you run that risk. I jsut hope Rafa's policies don't come back to bite us on the :censored: again like they did in the two cup ties against Arsenal. We set priorities and ended up losing both ties. I just hope the rest makes some difference, we still need to look capable of scoring 2 or 3 goals (to win outright we need at least two, if we concede an away goal we'll need three)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:40 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
Well Red wrote:
Feeney wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Arbeloas has not looked good since he got here.

like Josemi, his first few games were decent. Now look what happened to Josemi and what's slowly happening to Arbeloa.

there will always be a chance of a player getting home sick thats what it looks like to me.

'kin hell guys, he's only played what, half a dozen games? Give the kid a chance before we start writing him off eh?  :O

Yes, he's struggled in a couple of games but he's come from a different country, probably doesn't speak the language and is adapting to a much more physical game. I'll reserve judgement for now....

hear hear
some poeple are so fickle...  ???

well to be honest mate. He is another player we signed that was not his first choice target.

We all know he wanted Lucas Neil and not Arbeloa.

He has done well in his first few games and I'm worried because he made more or less the same mistake today as he did on Wednesday.

Also we cannot really have a go because as lakes said we don't know what's going on behind the scenes which I admit, I forgot about. Is that a crime?

Must be as I'm fickle  :Oo:

To be fair on him he if i'm not mistaken he's a left-back

no. he's definately a right back.

signed to be back-up/challenge finnan, but as finnans so good and our left back position is so weak, he was asked to play there against barca
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:13 am

Wasn't really bothered about the match, but thought it was a great example of Sami's charactor that he scored. No moaning and groaning about being dropped, or having to play in a meaningless game with the glamour tie coming up. A great example of what a real footballer should be like. Well in Sammi, you deserve the medal you will pick up in Athens!!
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:17 am

How is it meaningless when we are trying to get 3rd spot secured? Always gonna happen tho with Tuesdays game coming up but i want us to secure third.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:21 am

dawson99 wrote:How is it meaningless when we are trying to get 3rd spot secured? Always gonna happen tho with Tuesdays game coming up but i want us to secure third.

Why? The only game that matters now is Tuesday then after that hopefully Athens. The leagues over for us now. Or are you going to start a new song, "we came third 5 times"  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby duk » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:12 am

metalhead wrote:Good fightback from us in the 2nd half, i thought we would have got the draw we deserved.

I thought Alonso played well, hyppia was very solid and a good header.

Arbeloa was poor! wtf is happening to him? too many mistakes, especially the 2nd goal.

Good to see Insua starting his debut today, he looked very nervous and inexperienced though.

Zenden, awful.

Zenden had our only decent chance with a decent half volley smacking the bar

gets too much stick i like him and think he plays well in the red shirt
duk

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:16 am

i still think its better to finish 3rd than 4th. its principle, we should be trying to finish as high in the league as possible. but we should be able to beat fulham and charlton to get that 3rd spot.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion