Would you take duff+parker+20mil for gerrard

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 21

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:56 pm

Just heard about it  :)

i would take duff and parker and 20mil for gerrard anyday...
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:01 pm

Are you taking the p*ss lad ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmyb » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:05 pm

i would have taken it yesterday but not today, now im very happy to have stevie i just hope his ears werent burning. I take it back steve
jimmyb

Postby mynameisred » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:05 pm

Are you joking swapping our heartbeat for an injury prone manc supporter and an overated bit part chelesa player. Lampard, Terry cudichini and bridge and we could have been talking. Anyway its all irrelevent now innit. The lads staying to be part of something great and symbolises that Liverpool still have an emotional attachment to football and its history that no matter how many roubles you have you just cannot buy. The very thing that sets us appart from the rest. Keep the faith everyone our time draws nearer.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:06 pm

You cant say you wouldnt take Duff and Parker and 20mil for Gerrard.

Its a lot of money and they are good players plus Gerrards been ****** me off lately (owen too). Gerrard was excellent for us last season but will not be the same next season (i think).

His on bad form and all he thinks about is chelsea
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:44 pm

Are you on holiday on the freakin moon Dr ????
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:55 pm

on the moon
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:45 am

I would sell SG ....  for duff and parker plus 20 m. Soccer is about team work not about one person playing. And with the 20m ... I will add players like (Def) Wilfred Bouma, Nesta, Canavarro, Philip Lahm,(Mid) Deco, Rafael van der Vaart, Sanchez Joaquin, Rodrigues Vicente, (For) Angelos Haristeas, Sabrosa Simao, Marek Heinz.
:blues:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:48 am

Gerrard should have sent everybody back to Earth.  ???
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:11 am

I am glad Gerrard decided to stay. Don't believe the lad had a bad tournament because he has lost it...more like him being distracted and totally exhausted after being asked to carry Liverpool for long period last season. Gerrard will be supreme for us next season. Need a good partner in crime at the centre of the park though :)

Can't say the same about Owen no matter what Stu the Kid wants me to believe. Oh and don't bother to push your opinion down my throat...this is the way I see it and I'm more than happy to be proven wrong!

Back to the original question...if Gerrard were to leave, I would've asked for Duff + Parker + 20M. Him staying at LFC will be good for us as Rafa will be able to build the team around him. But just to hammer in the point...every player (Gerrard or not) is replacable. The TEAM always comes first!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:17 am

DrLiverpool wrote:Just heard about it  :)

i would take duff and parker and 20mil for gerrard anyday...

Is something wrong with you?

There is no way I would take Duff and Parker and 20m for Gerrard anyday......

You should be delighted that Stevie is staying put. He is true scouser and what the point to let him go to Chelsea for?

They ain't bigger club than us, we are bigger club than Chelsea!

Scott Parker is NOT GOOD enough to play for Liverpool, and I am not sure about Duff now because he has been injured a lot and we need very fit player and of course he's good player but do we need him...I don't think so because we've got Harry Kewell as left midfielder. There is no need to buy another left midfielder. No points to do that.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:56 pm

mynameisred wrote:Are you joking swapping our heartbeat for an injury prone manc supporter and an overated bit part chelesa player. Lampard

Duff is no manc supporter. he spent years kicking a ball around my local football pitch wearing a Liverpool shirt.He turned down the mancs last year cos he wanted to join us,unfortunately we werent prepared to match Blackburns valuation.He says one of his worst experiences in football was being booed by the Kop first match last season.Sound like a manc supporter to you?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby edwardo » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:04 pm

I'm still on the fence over SG, the fact that he even contemplated it in the first place, I took part on this forum with a lot of angry people last week (were you one of em)?
relief is the first reaction amongst us all I feel, understandably.......
forgive and forget ?
maybe, when I see true commitment and can believe it was a selfish mis-judged whim! we're all allowed ONE
there can be all sorts of reasons as to why he u-turned, threats and all that, (speculation I know)
if someone hurts you and you decide to forgive things are never quite the same again,
I truly hope that his intentions are honorable and we all get back to normal but somehow I sense a sting in the tail,
In answer to the question ''Duff + Parker + 20 million''?
they are just another pair of mercenaries and wouldn't come cos we won't pay em enough IMO
edwardo

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:25 pm

edwardo wrote:I'm still on the fence over SG, the fact that he even contemplated it in the first place, I took part on this forum with a lot of angry people last week (were you one of em)?
relief is the first reaction amongst us all I feel, understandably.......
forgive and forget ?
maybe, when I see true commitment and can believe it was a selfish mis-judged whim! we're all allowed ONE
there can be all sorts of reasons as to why he u-turned, threats and all that, (speculation I know)
if someone hurts you and you decide to forgive things are never quite the same again,
I truly hope that his intentions are honorable and we all get back to normal but somehow I sense a sting in the tail,
In answer to the question ''Duff + Parker + 20 million''?
they are just another pair of mercenaries and wouldn't come cos we won't pay em enough IMO

Are you on the crack pipe again lad or what ??

You are still undecided over wether it was better that Stevie G, the single reason we never got relegated last season should stay?

When you see true commitment? Did you watch ANY of our matches last season?

If you forgive than things are never the same again? In my experience this only strangthens the bond, not weakens it.

You hope his intentions are honourable? What could be more honourable than turning down the contract that would set you up for life to captain your home town club, the one you supported all your life (dont start Stu, its been proven now) despite their failings over the past decade.

You need to lay off that columbian marching powder as well sonny jim.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:31 pm

agree Leon, Gerrard is immense, irrepleaceable, he is as passionate as anyone about LFC and gives 100% for them every time he walks out onto the pitch.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion