If chelsea want stevie g......... - They can have him!...woeful euro display

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:43 pm

I think Steven Gerrard has been one of England's best players in Portugal. Rooney, Cole, Campbell and Gerrard have been the top four players. Owen and James have clearly been the worst.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby kenco » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:45 pm

Stevie G has the potential  to become one of the best midfeilders ever he will eventually be as good a player as zidane if not better. He will only improve,iam just sorry it wont be in the red shirt of liverpool !! :angry:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:48 pm

i think all matches should have video replays for the ref to use at his discression so that any thing like last nights goal or Ronadlo going down after being blown on in the penalty area can be made and be the right decision. Otherwise we are left with nothing but muppets when collina goes. He needs to set up a training program for refs and those card happy tw*ts who ref the prem need to learn how to let a match flow.

Disagree.

Refs bad decisions are part of football and have been ever since it started. Its part of what makes you fall in love with the game. If you don't like it go and watch rugby.

The day this happens will be a sad day for football.

The beauty of the game is its the same at one end of the scale to the other. Sunday league to premiership... two teams, goals, pitch, ball... the day that camera's are introduced is the day i simply won't be interested in top level football anymore.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:12 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Refs bad decisions are part of football and have been ever since it started. Its part of what makes you fall in love with the game.

the day that camera's are introduced is the day i simply won't be interested in top level football anymore.

I don't think fans fall in love with football because of ****** ref decisions,it certainly wasn't the thing that grpped my attention as a young lad.

and your final comment;
                            well if it takes introducing cameras to remove you from the Anfield terraces.....then bring 'em on.
It is rather a big kiddie comment.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kenco » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:17 pm

I dont agree with stopping the game to watch a video replay for decisions, but i would like something maybe a micro chip in the ball, or a beam from post to post along the line for whether the ball went over the line decisions. what do you think?
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:17 pm

Its only a matter of time when they come in. In practice it'll probably should only be used for controversial incidents, like a ball bouncing on the goal line or incidents like Sol Campell's goal. I'm not entirely sure why FIFA are against the idea, maybe they are afraid that managers will call for it to be used every five minutes in a match or perhaps there could be difficulties in implementing it in say the likes of Division 3 football, where clubs might not be able to afford the facilities.

Trust Stu to go against the grain.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion