Milan baros - Deserves a chance to be first choice?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby blind » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:29 pm

stu_the_red wrote:FORM is temporary CLASS is permanent.

Owen has ability and class. Anyone can go through a bad sepll no matter how talented.

Any fool who can't see Owen has ability is exactly that. A FOOL.

Only an idiot would write class of because of a lack of form.

ok stu then answer me this Robbie Fowler had a tremendous record with us where has that gone?
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:31 pm

Has it occured to you that Owens presence has given Rooney the chance to shine?

All will be reveal in the next few hours...now that Rooney will be the centre of all attention by the Croatian defenders, perhaps it will give Owen a few extra yards to run? One goal and you never know ...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:48 pm

I'm a major fan of Owen but I'm beginning to think that there is more to his recent poor performances than a simple lack of form.

Owen has quite clearly lost a few yards of pace and this has become evident over the past 12 months. He could yet develop into a top class predator in the six yard area but there is nothing certain about that.

One thing is for sure, Milan Baros is a player on the rise and he certainly deserves a chance.

With Baros' improvement and the arrival of Cisse the prospect of Owen leaving does not scare me as much as it used to.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:32 pm

Owen leaving doesn't scare me one bit.

I've got £5 on Milan to finish top scorer in euro 2004,although tonight was a bad night for me with Rooney bagging another 2.
Last edited by supersub on Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Eazy-E » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:02 am

I think Baros might leave LFC in the summer there will be interest from top club's after Euro 2004. If baros decides to stay he might lure Rosicky here who will be a replacement for the ageing Hamann. :cool:
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:13 am

Rosicky and Hamann in the centre, now that i wouldn't mind seeing. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:15 am

woof woof ! wrote:Owen has been a disappointment but he hasn't performed any worse than many of the other big name strikers.He's one of ours, get off his back he will come good. Has it occured to you that Owens presence has given Rooney the chance to shine? .
Mikey will come good again........show some belief you B'stards

Well said Woof Woof  :)

So much of what we see in here is simple over reaction without seeing the big picture. Rooney's got acres of space cos Michael is creating it.

Baros will get his chance this season and to be fair he probabbly would have got a bigger chance last season had it not been for his injury sustained at Blackburn.

His partnership with Kooller has reaped rewards ever since they started playing together and Saturday's game was a joy to watch. However where is all the clamour for Smicer to play ? After all he scored Saturday :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:01 am

When Owen has all critics at him for not scoring, he was presented a chance last night. Face to face with the goal and keeper at his mercy, placed a shot that seems to be going in..........
A world class striker sees this opprtunity and makes sure the keeper has no chance to save it.
The croat keeper tried his best and saved the shot.
I thought : Oh great, Owen will have a goal at last.... blast, it was saved! Uhmm.. class was permanent?
I cursed at the keeper! I asked, why was he so determined to save that shot?
Than I asked again: Did Owen make it a sure goal?

Oh, please make sure that Baros stays in LFC and have a good run in the season. Baros does not have a high profile like Owen to strike fear into defences. But I am very sure he is writing a very good profile for himself in this EURO.
And against my words, Henry scored too. I thought he tried too hard to impress earlier, thus he did not score.
2nd goal was the more "Henry" type of goal. Class? Not yet for me but that was certainly a well taken goal.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:10 am

Baros is not world class yet but he's almost there. Just give him a good run in the team and he can prove his worth. Agree with Stu that he got to improve his link-up play..
whylongball?

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:09 pm

Dalglish wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Owen has been a disappointment but he hasn't performed any worse than many of the other big name strikers.He's one of ours, get off his back he will come good. Has it occured to you that Owens presence has given Rooney the chance to shine? .
Mikey will come good again........show some belief you B'stards

that's a great point.

one of my mates in the pub last night said that owen had "done nothing" in the game. i couldn't believe it. he did everything but score.

the fact of the matter is that i think rooney is currently playing like owen did in 1998, i.e. coming deep to pick up the ball and running at defenders. i think owen has been coached not to do that again over the last few years. he is more on the periphery and is very opportunist.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:29 am

stu_the_red wrote:FORM is temporary CLASS is permanent.

Owen has ability and class. Anyone can go through a bad sepll no matter how talented.

Any fool who can't see Owen has ability is exactly that. A FOOL.

Only an idiot would write class of because of a lack of form.

You dont see Thierry Henry going thorugh dips in form too often.

Truth is, Owen is effective, but his turn off pace has slowed, he can score, but spends 90 mins on the last defenders shoulder waiting for the ball.

I think seling him is no big loss.
He can be replaced. But i ont think he has even proved his worth in Euro 2004, being almost lazy compared to Rooney, he should be doing more.
84-1083280474

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:28 am

Rush: Baros ready for Liverpool breakthrough
June 23, 2004

Liverpool strikers coach Ian Rush is delighted with the form Milan Baros is displaying for the Czech Republic.
He said: "Milan is playing with a lot of confidence. He will be pushing for a regular first-team place when he returns to Liverpool. He certainly has not done himself any harm out in Portugal.

"His movement is fantastic. He is getting the ball and running at opponents, defenders are scared of that - one touch and it could be a penalty."

Rush also said: "The way the Czech Republic play obviously suits Milan. Alongside Michael Owen at Liverpool he has to play a different way, but he is still young enough to learn how to do that."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:23 am

VIVA MILAN BAROS!!!

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:09 pm

I've thought Baros was great from day 1, he is class and on the way up. Owen has been world class but I am worried about the way he is small (always was though) injury prone and now lacks the pace he once had.

I am a fan of Owen but if Cisse does his stuff, I wouldn't worry if Owen was sold for good money and Baros and Cisse were the main two.

Note- I am not slagging off Owen, but he may be where Fowler was a couple of seasons ago and we got £11m for him.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:44 pm

well put he would fetch well over £17 million at the moment and there would be enough interest to drive it over the £20 mil mark i think Baros and Cisse will give us the best attack in the prem as owens loss of pace has made him easier to handle for the deffence.

I would like him to stay but i also do not think it would be as big a loss as if Steve where to go.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion