NEW STADIUM GETS GREEN LIGHT

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:53 pm

if they need some funding i am willin to send my money for my season ticket now :D

light at the end of the tunnel as far as the waiting list is concerned hopefully,

souless hell is a bit far lando i know this issue will divide down the line but imo anfield has been on the slide since the kop was seated, and while it means we can cramm in more day tripping mongs and lads who take there girlfriends to the match with them it is needed for the club to compete, anfield would cost as much as a new ground to get it up to the required standard, hopefully the club will sell all the season ticket in the new kop area to increase the chance of a hardcore support being able to feed off each others passion for the team and not just at massive game but when the team need us most, also camera phones should be smashed up by the stewards ... just watch the fecking game tw@ts, if you want pitures go to the club shop and buy a calender or go on a tour,
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:54 pm

Just on the 999 year lease, apparently Steve Morgan's wife said it should have been at least 1000 years and called for Parry to resign. :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:58 pm

if steve morgan is a life long fan !!! let him build the fecking thing as we won't get raped on sky rockerting costs ie wembley
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:02 pm

redmikey wrote:if steve morgan is a life long fan !!! let him build the fecking thing as we won't get raped on sky rockerting costs ie wembley

Ffs dont let Morgan build it. Not unless you want it to fall down and a move back to Anfield.
account deleted by request

Postby CousinIT » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:56 pm

The fact that the new stadium has been given the go ahead is great news but it will hurt me to see Anfield go. Although the trophies and everything else will go to New Anfield as I'm calling it, the history will still be left at Anfield. I am hoping to see the league title won whilst we are at Anfield at least one last time.
Last edited by CousinIT on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll Never Walk Alone

18 League Titles
5 European Cups
7 FA Cups
7 League Cups
CousinIT

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:09 pm

im with Lando on this one, why move to a 60,000 seater stadium with no room for increasing it when we can stay at anfield with 55,000 seats.

also the 55,000 seated anfield is :censored:, there is enough land around the ground to increase it more than that, the biggest stumbling block is anfield rd, easy re-direct it. this should of been done when the stand was increased years ago. they cant even use the houses behind the stand as an excuse because they`ll be knocked down when the new ground is built.

but like st michael has pointed out its to far down the rd now to expect us to stay.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Kuyt » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:41 pm

New Stadium.......Dont like it Frankly.

I hope that design and tour on Windows Media PLayer , which is on the official site is not the actual stadium. It has many flaws and needs to be redesigned before they touch a blade of grass on Stanley park.!

It looks a bit like the millenium stadium, and like a few other of these characterless "bowls" that are being thrown up around the premiership.

Why not three quarters a bowl design, then a "square " design at one end seatng 30,000 for the new kop??? What LFC is all about? Its vitrually a trademark, and I cant beleive the designers have not acknowledged this.

After all, if its going to stand for another 100 years, it needs to have more character.

For those who stand in the kop and create msot of the atmosphoere, where will they sit in the new ground?? If you've seen the tour, then it looks the same all the way round.

The ground will lose atmosphere I fear, and the new stadium is the same as any other new stadium

Kuyt

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:15 am

It does seem odd that the capacity would only be 55K. Surely it would be easier to add another smaller tier around the top of the stadium and bump the capacity up to 60K? The costs of the new tier could be offset by the revenue generated by the additional seats being sold. I am concerned that the new stadium will still lag behind Old Trafford in terms of capacity. We should have been aiming for at least 70K capacity. We also need a ring of executive boxes running around the entire stadium since that in itself is a revenue earner, like Ashburton Grove. The outside of the stadium looks a little bland for my liking. I would recommend the exterior should be glass with red light shining through it, perhaps projecting images of famous LFC players onto the exterior of the stadium and each of the "towers" holding up the roof should have red strobe lights on their tips. That would look better on matchdays, especially at night.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CousinIT » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:41 am

The fact of the matter is we are moving. Like it or not. I personally don't. Liverpool has always been a traditionalist club and moving away from the Home of Football saddens me. Yet if we are to compete with Utd and Arsenal, now, we have to have a bigger stadium. Some of you don't like the design well personally I couldn't give a monkeys about the design. It is what happens inside the ground that counts. As for moving will lose the atmosphere of Anfield well that atmosphere went years ago. The Kop only seems to get behind the team right after a goal or during European Cup games. I've stood on The Kop for over 30 years now and nothing compares to when you had to stand and not sit.

So to get to my point if I atcually have one, I don't want us to move. The capaticy at its current state may not be as big as other grounds throughout God's green and pleasant land but by moving, ticket prices will go up and therefore it will be even more jolly come latelys at the ground.

One more point. I'm not sure on this and would like some clarification when does the 999 year contract start. Is it now because it has been accepted or when the building of our new stadium begins or ends? If its now then we will have used up 3 years before we have played a match on it
You'll Never Walk Alone

18 League Titles
5 European Cups
7 FA Cups
7 League Cups
CousinIT

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:29 am

Imagine the last game at Anfield....
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:58 am

It will be extremely sad sarah. All that history, the great players, matches etc etc... There will be many a tear shed, and whoever gets a ticket will be a very lucky person indeed. I personally don't want to even contemplate it at this point, such is the meaning of Anfield to this great club. It's our place of worship.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yates » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:19 pm

the old anfield should be made a place of pillgrimage
yates

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:29 pm

Curent ground capacity = 45,362  - 60,000 is substanially more
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:49 pm

zarababe wrote:Curent ground capacity = 45,362  - 60,000 is substanially more

thanks for stating the obvious, i dont know how the forum has survived without your intelligence
112-1077774096

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:50 pm

thanks..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion