Support houllier and the team! - He's no fool!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ICE-MAN » Thu May 13, 2004 5:04 pm

just read an interview there with houllier today about qualifying for the champions league and the season and signings etc.
he made a couple of good points bout injuries which the pessimists wont like to read  :;):
but he also mentioned the signings that everyone are complaining about, heres what he said in parts of the interview:

"""Since I arrived here the team has undergone a massive change and in five years what have we done? Well, we've qualified for the Champions League three times, reached the quarter-final once, and won six trophies. So credit to everyone who has helped us achieve this and who has supported us along the way.

During this time we have spent about £110 million but we've recouped nearly £70 million. If you don't invest in the team every year then you are not going to compete with the best.

Sometimes you make the right signing and sometimes you don't. Looking at the signings we made last summer I think the arrivals of Harry Kewell and Steve Finnan were good for the club and they can improve even more next season. I'm pleased with how they have done but sometimes you are not as happy with certain signings. These things happen and they happen at other clubs as well.

I know that the team is good and I know that we have quality coming up. """

im ust pleased that he's realised he has made mistakes in the transfer markets and i think he is talking about diouf diao biscan maybe one or two others, but for all the people who think he has a brain the size of a peanut, he does understand that he has made mistakes, he wants to bring in quality players this summer not any more up and coming croatian stars (i hope)!
so we all know he is staying next year he has us into the champions league, owen is staying, cisse is staying, more quality is coming so lets give the man a break and get behind him and the team!  :cool:

i know people will still disagree with me but let me know what u think? oh by the way the interview is at www.liverpoolfc.tv/
ICE-MAN

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 13, 2004 5:13 pm

HALLELUJAH

It is so refreshing to see post on here started up in support of GH and the lads.

Lets get behind the club please people.

ALLEZ
ALLEZ
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 13, 2004 5:24 pm

Happy he realises that he's made mistakes, disappointed that certain LFC fans think QUALIFYING 3 years out of 5 for a tournament we won 4 times in 7 years is an achievement.

Plus, if Cisse doesn't deliver, GH will say he needs a couple of seasons to adjust to the physical English game, tired from Euro championships etc, don't pin your hopes on a player with no premiership experience.

Where would we be if it wasn't for the liverpool lads like Gerrard&Owen who'd be in the LFC team even if GH never arrived?

Answer me that!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 13, 2004 5:28 pm

we all agree that teh main infrastructure of liverpool ahs always been the homegrown talent but ive always said we goitta back whoever is there, i know we'll come good.. come on u reds!!!!!!!!!1
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Thu May 13, 2004 5:37 pm

i have always supported houllier, if u read back over any of my posts since ive started on this forum u will notice this and ive gotten to know who the supporters of the team (players + houllier) are and the supporters of the team minus houllier are!
but just want people to see that we should stop living in the past yeah we won 4 european cups in 7 years but how many years ago was that its not houlliers fault for that here only came here 6 years ago with the club in the worst possible state its been in since those european cup triumphs, people need to look at the big picture since he came, we werent getting into the competition for a start now we are hopefully a bit more regularly as well, and when we did start getting into it people can hardly expect us to win it on our first few occasions impossible! he needs time we need to be bit more patient with him, he knows what hes doing, sure he made mistakes who hasnt!

get behind him and the team for next season!
(but i can picture it already, if we lose to newcastle on saturday the usually heads will be out saying houllier out and taking out their statistics books and moaning about our home defeats and ****** like that!)

next season we have so much to look forward to, although not by much we have improved on last season when u look at finishing fourth!

:cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu May 13, 2004 6:00 pm

I will always support my team but i cannot support GH. I would not let GH loose with 73pence! never mind £73 million!! how short memories some people have, just because we have clinched 4th does not mean everything in the garden is rosey again? lets not get to carried away, coz one thing is certain if steve morgan gets his way then GHs days are numbered (thank god!) along with some of the ****** he has lumbered us with!!. :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu May 13, 2004 6:07 pm

Why should we support Houllier? The football we are playing is boring and lame. We are closer to relegation than 1st spot. We have been beaten by Portsmouth, Crystal Palace, Sheffield United etc. We are spending top money on shitty players. We have no formation and structure. Why?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 13, 2004 6:23 pm

Well said Ice man
I'm right behind LFC and all who are in it!
The post is put up in refreshingly good positive regards!

I think that the core of our team is extremly good and only needs a few additions to be challenging for honours again!

Yes the boss has made a few mistakes who hasnt!
Yes we have had an extremly bad year for injuries!

But i dont think we are as far away from Chelsea and Manure as people think! Arsenal have been in a different league to everyone else but give the a major injury crisis ie take out henry for a period of time and watch their form dip!

Allez
Allez
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu May 13, 2004 6:29 pm

Messers moores/parry are afraid of losing control of their empire, they refuse to face up to reality we are going nowhere with GH, steve morgan is not afraid to tell things as they are, this board of ours have buried their hands in the sand for far to long. GH knows he is walking a tight rope, and if?..(I hope not) he is still here at the start of next season then his next buys had better be quality ones coz morgan wont take the ****** excuses that moores does from L"e frog!. ???
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu May 13, 2004 6:33 pm

Redtribe wrote:Well said Ice man
I'm right behind LFC and all who are in it!
The post is put up in refreshingly good positive regards!

I think that the core of our team is extremly good and only needs a few additions to be challenging for honours again!

Yes the boss has made a few mistakes who hasnt!
Yes we have had an extremly bad year for injuries!

But i dont think we are as far away from Chelsea and Manure as people think! Arsenal have been in a different league to everyone else but give the a major injury crisis ie take out henry for a period of time and watch their form dip!

Allez
Allez

Not far off chelsea,and manure?..er hello!..only about an oceans width, come on get real will you, have you lost your senses?..I dont beleive i,m reading this! :p
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 13, 2004 6:59 pm

we might prefer if GH went but what we are saying is thath es got our support 100%, whatever is best for the team, and thats us supporters showing our support
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Thu May 13, 2004 7:11 pm

yeah redtilldead we are NOT far off man utd or chelsea we beat both of them didnt we which shows we have the players to do it we just need some fresh quality players get rid of a bit of dead wood and a good injury free season and we can seriously challenge these teams, all thats lacking is consistenty, if the lads can play consistently like we have for the last three games over an entire season or even 80% of one and we will be up there, im not saying everything is rosy again and bring on real madrid but we should be a bit more optimistic about things! :cool:

houllier has changed this club around very successfully it was never going to be plain sailing back to the top of the league thats impossible of course theres going to be hitches along the way thats life kid! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby ICE-MAN » Thu May 13, 2004 7:12 pm

exactly dawson we need to show our support and btw it would be a boring life if we agreed totally with everything houllier has done, theres a lot of arsenal fans i know who still disagree with some of the stuff wenger is doing! but they still support and respect the man!
ICE-MAN

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 13, 2004 7:16 pm

I will always support my team but i cannot support GH. I would not let GH loose with 73pence! never mind £73 million!! how short memories some people have, just because we have clinched 4th does not mean everything in the garden is rosey again? lets not get to carried away, coz one thing is certain if steve morgan gets his way then GHs days are numbered (thank god!) along with some of the ****** he has lumbered us with!!.

Short Memories?

Kewell 5m, Hyypia 3m, Babbel FREE, McAllister FREE, Litmanen FREE to name a few.

You really are one of the biggest fools i've ever witnessed. Please stop claiming to be an LFC supporter you are seriously dragging the standard down.
115-1073096938

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 13, 2004 7:34 pm

No i dont think i have lost my senses at all!

Bar the bad run of injuries i think that the 12 points we are behind manure would be alot less!
Dont forget we did beat them both (manure and chelski) away from home!

Also the main structure of the team is very good
For all at Liverpool to know that this has been a dissapointing season and still be in the champions league i find encouraging!
Ecspecialy the way when we could have crumbled at the end of the season but didnt and got important wins!
Yes there is alot to improve on from this season but i cant see why the current set up wont acheive that!

To get rid of Houlier now would be a bad decision i feel as there is no one to come in for him to take LFC forward!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion