Houllier confirms owen is leaving?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rse » Tue May 11, 2004 12:41 am

Houllier expects Owen to move abroad at some stage. 

Is this because Gerard Houllier believes that Liverpool have the vision and the right managerial qualities for the job in restoring us to even challenge Englands or Europes Elite.

Sounds like a resignation to me that Liverpool are not, and will not be good enough to live up to Owen's aspirations.  What chance have we got when the manager is so resigned.

Hes saying we will never be good enough to keep hold of a quality player like Owen.  Are we going to see the same for Gerrard in 2 years time?

Houllier has known about this possible Thai deal for weeks, if not longer.  He has known there is going to be money available.  He still cant see us challenging though in the near future cos he thinks that Owen will still want to consider abroad.

I despair.  If this man could get some belief in the team we wouldnt be looking for the scraps.

Owen is a Liverpool player.  Houllier should be talking about the possibilities for the club.  He shouldnt be so resigned to mediocrate under his guidance.
'Sing When We're Standing' is an audio cd of the Kop recorded at Anfield during the last ever game standing in 1994.  Quite simply, its the power and passion of the Kop captured on cd.  For more details and to hear a sample from the cd please visit www.kopcd.co.uk
rse

Postby robbohuyton » Tue May 11, 2004 2:05 am

robbohuyton

Postby Red » Tue May 11, 2004 3:35 am

Interesting, he will either sign a new contract with LFC or take a better deal overseas this summer, perhaps after Euro 2004, if he plays well in Euro 2004 then he will get alot more money...no win situation for England and Liverpool fans....I hope he plays badly :laugh: then signs to LFC for little money cos no one else wants him.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue May 11, 2004 4:09 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:The Hustler:

There has been a lot of f##king idiots on this forum but you son must be the greatest f##kin' pansie that has ever tainted this place.

Show some f##king respect to established members before you start sprouting sh##e and misreading posts.

Des Lynam produced the People newspaper which allegedly (according to Des Lynam) contains a quote from Gerrard Houllier saying that Owen will leave Liverpool in the summer and in Houllier's opinion it will be abroad.

I'm not saying that its true or Houllier hasn't been misquoted, all I am is drawing people's attention to the fact that Des Lynam mentioned it on tv.

And what the hell does "Real Madrid.....erm nope (not good enough)" mean?

Youre a fuck1n retard.

I agree -with respect, mate, Hustler speaks before thinking.
e.g. He said that Heskey and Murphy are ones of the worst LFC players ever, just after they both scored vital goals maintaining CL hopes.
I know that he might be joking or whatever, but it was an absolutely improper and disrespectful one.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue May 11, 2004 4:30 am

Back to the topic;
Michael Owen today reassured Liverpool fans he would never quit Anfield on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling. Owen said: "We have spoken about it and I have assured the club I wouldn't leave on a Bosman. We have not signed an agreement to that effect but we shook hands and that's good enough for them and it's good enough for me..." (Official website)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby all 4 lfc » Tue May 11, 2004 9:32 am

Good news, he is cr#p
all 4 lfc

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue May 11, 2004 9:42 am

"I won't see out the remaining year and bit of my contract and do a Bosman on the club," claimed Owen. I can assure you of that. We have spoken about it and I have assured the club I wouldn't leave on a Bosman. We have not signed an agreement to that effect but we shook hands and that's good enough for them and it's good enough for me...

Complete story: Click here
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion