Kromkamp - I like him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:50 pm

better than Josemi so its an improvement there.

He is strong in the tackle willing to work hard and well suited for the premiership.

The price was right as well.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:00 am

Paul C wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:Well I like the look of Kromkamp for us. He had a good game yesterday but it seems that he didn't do enough to get into the Holland squad, sound as if van basten doesn't like him:

Holland coach Marco van Basten has hit out at Jan Kromkamp for moving to Liverpool.

The former Milan striker is convinced that the defender has made some bad career choices since breaking into the Dutch national team.

The 25-year-old quit Villarreal for Anfield, in a swap deal that took Josemi to Spain, after enduring a difficult time in La Liga.

Kromkamp played in midfield during the win over Manchester City on Sunday but is struggling to nail down a regular place in the European champions' line-up.

"It is annoying that Kromkamp, who is a good player, made the wrong choices for his career," van Basten told ANP.

"It is sad when someone throws away his own chances and also doesn't help us.

"It seems to us that Jan is more busy with peripheral events.

"Jan has to make choices. I have no influence on that but, if he wanted my advice, that was possible."

Van Basten has overlooked the wing back for the friendly with Ecuador and it is believed he is upset with the player for leaving AZ Alkmaar in the first place, for Villarreal last year.

----------------------------------------------------

Only better for us IMO, there is less chance of him being injured. I think that van basten is just jealous that he never played for us and that we beat milan in the final  :rasp

Van Basten was a footballing genius but until he's actually done anything in management he should keep his mouth closed  :angry:

2 words to sum it up

graeme souness

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:35 pm

Early signs point to a cracking bit of business on Rafa's part. He reminds me of Finnan in that he looks like a very intelligent footballer who uses the ball well and has a decent touch. Not as mobile as Finnan but he has the look of a decent squad player and he doesn't look out of place in midfield against moderate opposition.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:32 pm

good footballer kromkamp. he has decent first touches and good running too. He also delivers nice passes but he looked more defencively against man city. He also likes to go forward and tackle well.

I think he had a shaky 30 minutes but then he regained his momentum, he played well on the right hand side and definately better than josemi.

he certainly adds some dutch flair to the team  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 pm

Rafael Benitez has hit back at Dutch coach Marco Van Basten after he criticised Jan Kromkamp for moving to Anfield. 
Van Basten dropped Kromkamp from his squad for the midweek friendly with Ecuador after revealing his frustration at the player's decision to sign for the Reds where first team football won't be guaranteed.

Benitez is angry with the remarks and insists his transfer window signing will be figuring in his first team plans between now and the end of the season.

"I have seen the comments. If you want to say something like this you should talk directly to the player, not to the press," said Benitez.

"If you want to control the career of the player, talk to him, not to the newspapers. In football now you expect to hear agents talk like this, but not people with no daily relationship with the player.

"It's not his business. We're talking about the future of a player and his family. I don't see how joining Liverpool can be negative.

"Kromkamp was not playing in Villarreal and we decided to make a good swop.

"He started for Liverpool last weekend and worked hard as a right winger. We used him because we need a solution and he showed he is a good player."
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:50 am

i am with benitez on this one.

krompkamp looks like momo sissoko when he was starting for liverpool couple of months ago. It took sissoko some time to blend in with the premiership style but the result now is simply astonishing. Sissoko is indeed a class midfielder.
as for krompkamp is concerned, the quality he's showing us now is comparable to sissoko then. He's a strong candidate for our right flank, he's got decent pace, agile, and quality passing skills. He can double as RM or RB and still perform the job worthy of praise.
I always have been an oranje supporter in my whole entire left but van basten was definitely wrong about krompkamp. Marco was great as a player but stinks in management e.g. souness, klinsmann

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:13 pm

He looks pretty classy to me. Good with the ball at his feet, and crisp with his passing.

When you take into account all the dud signings we've lost money on, it really makes me laugh how good a bit of business it was to get shot of Josemi and bring this guy in. We have one top drawer and one very good option for right back now, which is great given the length of our fixture list.
ivor_the_injun

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:12 pm

I think he was man of the match for liverpool against charlton saturday, he played really well at right back! he tackled and defended superbly and even went forward to provide service for the strikers. Finann is in a real competition!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:39 am

Kromkamp has shown quality.

He DEFINATELY has the ability to keep Finnan out of the side and i feel as confident with him in there as i do with Finnan.

To me thats says it all. Really like the lad.
115-1073096938

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:06 am

stu_the_red wrote:Kromkamp has shown quality.

He DEFINATELY has the ability to keep Finnan out of the side and i feel as confident with him in there as i do with Finnan.

I dunno about at right back Stu cos Finnan is pretty solid but Kromkamp at RM and Finnan at RB is a perfect combination imo as it allows Gerrard to go back in the middle and Kromkamp provides good tracking back to help Finnan  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:25 pm

I would love to see Finnan play right midfield, I certainly think he can do a job for us there, certainly in the interim, with Kromkamp at right back.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:43 pm

i defo agree with you stu, he has the ability to throw finann out of Right Back because he proved it on saturday. Finann is in a real tough competition
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GerrardisKing » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:43 pm

He`s a good player what i`ve seen of him can`t believe we got him in a swap for josemi,Bargain!
Can play as cover for finnan or right mid looks like a strong runner with the ball also provides good crosses.
Great buisness from Benitez.
GerrardisKing

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:49 pm

Has anyone seen any recent Villarreal games where Josemi featured? Just wondering if he plays better in Spain.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:52 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Has anyone seen any recent Villarreal games where Josemi featured? Just wondering if he plays better in Spain.

apparantly he cant speak the local spanish, due to its complex dialect, the thick cunt  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion