Michael owen - Will he ever return?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:27 pm

I think we should keep Cisse and Sinema and get Owen/Defoe. Theres more chance of Cisse fitting inot our style than Morientes purley becasue he lacks the pace of the Premiership. If theres some attributes of Cisse that people like its that hes fast and strong. Funnily enough Morientes seems to be the opposite in England. However Owen may choose to stay on a another year!!!!!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:34 pm

cissie is gone mate! someone on the train has posted it already :D

owen for cissie would be a great swap deal imo let newcastle change there team to play around a striker with no 1st touch or finess around the box, pace to burn but always off side and a chip so big on his shoulder he should run around in circles.

i would have a 1 legged owen over him at the moment. the academy needs to churn out another wonder kid it has been a while.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:38 pm

im sure theres something on the way, soon
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:17 am

Arsenal wont buy Owen. He doesnt fit in with their pasing game. And Henry will sign a 2 year extension before he tries his hand in Spain

Owen is going to the mancs. Van Nistelrooy is off to Barcelona to replace Henrik Larsen. Madrid also want him to replace Ronaldo

Lets see how many here still want to worship him when that happens
tel

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:42 am

stu_the_red wrote:I'm just curious as to why your english is so poor.

It says on your profile you're the same age as me, quite shocking.

Stu to be fair a lot of the new members have serious spelling and grammer problems. Laziness

:Oo:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:34 am

The lack of knowledge of the game is outstanding!

Anyone who says Owen is finished is either incredibly stupid or really bitter because they didn't like the fact he left us to play for Real Madrid.

Michael Owen, in my opinion is a better player than all of our current strikers, including Robbie..  His goal to game ratio proves this point.  Where is the evidence that he has "lost it" or is "finsihed".

PATHETIC!

:angry:
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:05 pm

well we'll see how good he is when he pulls on the red shirt next season.

following his dream move to Middlesboro.... lol
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:13 pm

Owen screwed us only once by going on the cheap to RM, I don't think the club had much of an option and the board made the right decision in not buying him back for 9 mil more than we sold him for when there were other areas more important.

Should we buy him back in the summer?. Hell yes, As someone said on the beeb about his match versus argentina - "He can win a game with just five touches of the ball". He's a proven goalscorer and there's not too many around.
AlanHansen

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:47 pm

We should go and get him BEFORE the world cup, otherwise if he has a good one his fee will shoot up.

Can't change the past but we  can change the future.

Which of our current "goalscorers" will clinch us the league?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:41 pm

it is european night like tomorrow that must really burn owen, to see his mates playing at the top level with the world watching must be horrible

the lad was born for big games and couldn't we just do with him tomorrow ?

all the sh'ite that some people on here go on about would be washed away after a goal,, go and get him rafa ASAP
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:21 pm

Big Niall wrote:Which of our current "goalscorers" will clinch us the league?

Exactly Niall, own will cos at least 15 a season and out of the strikers we have I'd only keep Fowler and Crouch, if we can get Owen and another quality striker I think we'd deffo be challenging Chelsea next season.  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SGERRARDno8 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:54 pm

I HOPE OWEN COMES BACK. LAST SEASON WASNT SO BAD BUT THIS SEASON WE'RE REALY STRUGGLING WITH OUR STRIKE FORCE AND OWENS A NATURAL. DESPITE WHATEVER HAPPENED WITH HIS MOVE TO REAL AND THEN BACK TO ENGLAND; PUT ALL OF THAT ASIDE IF HE COULD COME BACK TO ANFIELD, LIVERPOLL  WOULD BE SO MUCH MORE A STRONGER TEAM THAN THEY ARE NOW.  :D
LIVERPOOL MY RELIGION
ANFIELD MY TEMPLE
FOWLER MY GOD
SGERRARDno8

Postby Paul C » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:28 pm

SGERRARDno8 wrote:I HOPE OWEN COMES BACK. LAST SEASON WASNT SO BAD BUT THIS SEASON WE'RE REALY STRUGGLING WITH OUR STRIKE FORCE AND OWENS A NATURAL. DESPITE WHATEVER HAPPENED WITH HIS MOVE TO REAL AND THEN BACK TO ENGLAND; PUT ALL OF THAT ASIDE IF HE COULD COME BACK TO ANFIELD, LIVERPOLL  WOULD BE SO MUCH MORE A STRONGER TEAM THAN THEY ARE NOW.  :D

Turn off the caps lock  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion