Your local team

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza 1 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:24 pm

My local team would be Crusaders FC, but I dont support them!! I support Glentoran, who are from East Belfast. They are 2004/2005 Champions in the Irish Premership!! They wont be this season though, they are playing really cr@p at the minute! They have 8 players out with injuries :down:
My avatar is their team badge......
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:08 pm

My local team is Glentoran, I don't support them as such, but I do follow their result's and like to see them doing well.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:27 am

KOP-1892 wrote:My local team is Glentoran, I don't support them as such, but I do follow their result's and like to see them doing well.

Have you registered for the Glentoran fans forum  yet?  Heres a link if you fancy giving it a go. If you dont know what it is about, give me a shout and i will try to explain it to you.....

http://www.restineast.co.uk/
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:26 am

BTW - My local team is Mansfield Town FC.

(Another reason not to follow my local side!!!!! :D )

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:58 pm

I support Queensland Roar in the A-League, they're my local team.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:12 pm

Dundalk wrote:Do you support your local team? Obviously if you are from Liverpool then this dosent apply to you.

My local team is Dundalk, the team that Stevie Staunton came from. He never actually played for the first team but Liverpool came over to play a friendly against  Dundalk and Kenny Daglish watched a reserve match and seen Staunton and the rest is history. (Good luck to him as manager of Ireland)

So what about rest of you, do you still follow your local team? I do even though they are doing really badly in  the second division of the Irish league!

I remember going to see Dundalk play Liverpool in a pre-season game maybe about 10 years ago, in the days of Fowler, Redknapp, Mcmanaman etc.

Can't even remember the result to be honest, but I remember the ground was pretty bad!  It was a friendly enough place though.

I don't support a local team because it's terrible football to watch, the Irish League is a shambles, I can't be bothered with it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 pm

Go Melbourne Victory!!!!!!!! actually i dont really support the A-league very much at all. I went to one game in late december, a bullsh#t draw against Brisbane if i remember correctly :angry:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:27 pm

My local team would now be Selby Town. They're doing alright too! I played a charity match once at their ground, it would've been better to play it at the Somme after the battle.

I too, like Lando, fell in love with Liverpool FC at first sight. 1979 it was. I still had a Man city bed spread/duvet but that was because we were hard up at the time.

I used to live near Bradford but fk that, I aint supporting Bradford City if I can help it.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:41 pm

I'm from Cheshire (near Crewe) so Liverpool aren't my local team, I have a choice of Winsford United, Crewe Alex or Northwich Vics, but me and my sister are the only non scousers in the family and I was basically brought up there, thus me feeling more scouse than 'woolly' :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:58 pm

Espionage wrote:Go Melbourne Victory!!!!!!!! actually i dont really support the A-league very much at all. I went to one game in late december, a bullsh#t draw against Brisbane if i remember correctly :angry:

I don't think that the Vicotry have played Brisbane this season. They have however come up against the Roar. You guys lost Archie Thompson to PSV Eindhoven recently anyway.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SammyS » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:11 am

I tried to support Sydney FC but I couldnt  :( 

Oh well theres always Central Coast.
SammyS

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:50 am

SammyS wrote:I tried to support Sydney FC but I couldnt  :( 

Oh well theres always Central Coast.

Or - and I know this is a bit weee, a bit waaaa, etc - you could just support LFC and f*ck all the crummy "other" clubs off!!!!!!!

That's what I do.  :eyebrow  :D  :buttrock

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:03 am

Brisbane don't have a team in the A-League, however Queensland do...Queensland Roar!!  :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:26 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Bad idea starting this thread! No-one will answer it seriously! :)

no fear if your about, assumption boy !!

:D   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:52 pm

Paul C wrote:I'm from Cheshire (near Crewe) so Liverpool aren't my local team, I have a choice of Winsford United, Crewe Alex or Northwich Vics, but me and my sister are the only non scousers in the family and I was basically brought up there, thus me feeling more scouse than 'woolly' :)

Northwich Vics?!?!  If I'd have known I'd have given you some grief!
:D

I used to watch Altrincham, home and away.  I went to your old ground once (but thought it was a bit dangerous!)
:nod

We seem to end up in different leagues these days.  I've moved to Warrington and have got a family now, so I haven't been for years.  Still, I used to enjoy that fact that you could tickets, and if you got there late you could go through the players entrance.  I can't imagine doing that at Anfield.
:D
My earliest memory.
2520years

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum