I f#cking hate sky

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:20 pm

Not only am i gutted with losing but some things sky tv just refuse to pick up on, which i'll come to in a bit.

Nearly as easy as the derby today with the way we played we dominated everything apart from the final ball and finishing to match. They are really :censored: but why do so many of our players go missing in these matches.

Gerrard was terrible ok first bad game of the season for him but at old trafford last season he was :censored: as well and we only started playing well when he got injured. I remember one great pass to cisse in the 1st half which djib should have done better with but overall a captain as well he was no where to be seen.

Hyypia started off with his dodgy clearances again like at bolton where any other time he opts to hoof it up field for some reason when he should do this he hesitates, risse was turned inside out several times. Ciise at times doesn't seem to be interested and refused to communicate with crouchie, alonso was pretty quiet but did some good things and was always involved as was kewell and finnan.

Apart from that and them being poor we did well. i agree about bringin on kromkamp with ony seconds remaining but rafa gets it right so many times with substitutions its a bit unfair to blame that, towards the end of the game we get a free - kick in a very dangerous posititon and soft :censored: gerrard wastes it the one earlier riise wasted but what do united do get a free - kick in an identical position and punish us that was the difference on the day.

How many corners etc do we waste week in week out?

It seems United can do what they like again as in the 90's, at half time they water the pitch but only in the half in which we are defending Rooney can dive all over the place and take people out with no attempt to play the ball and only receive 1 yellow card for his troubles. And when they score Gary Neville can run right in front of our fans and start kissing the badge etc as though he has won a :censored: cup final or something.

Which brings me on to my next point about sky none of the above is mentioned not even the fact that we dominated possession for the best part of the game just a load of :censored: of we had the better chances and then get punished.
What makes it worse is Phil Neville is in the studio laughing his head off refering to united as we all the time like he still plays for them and Jamie Redknapp is sat next to him agreeing with nearly everything he says.

It :censored: winds me up that one of our ex players can sit there and say nothing apart from be more arsed about how 'Our Frank is doing at the bridge'.

Really pisses me off apparently on there analysis of the match united deserved to win giggs got man of the match and redknapp sits there and :censored: agrees, the :censored:.

gone right off him now after that, bad enough being there watchin it live but to come home and watch that on the tape is nonsense and very hard to take. 

I still think we will cruise into 2nd place but we need to bounce back now and quickly
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:27 pm

Ok so we are all dissapponted, but this place gets hystercally over the top.. get over it, we'll  get second, they may have won the battle , but we will prevail in the war .. perspective is oh so  lost
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:31 pm

BRING IT ON BIRMINGHAM!!! i think  :suspect:

Yes we lost.. but we will get them next year!!!  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:32 pm

I dont know about walking it to 2nd place, as i mentioned in another thread we do have a harder fixture list then them and will have to get another good unbeaten run together if we want second.

As for Liverpool Free Kicks, i mentioned that a few months back that we do seem to waste a awful lot, shifting it this was and that way, we all you need is Xabi or Gerrard to bang it top coner. The one in the last minute was just awful, but atleast he just crosed it, not like in the last minute of extra time in Istantbul were he totally :censored: it up. As i have often seen liverpool do this season and last.

Sky are bollo*, they think that there was never any football before the prem, and are so far up chelsea and man u :censored: its unbeliveable.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mark the red » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:39 pm

dont worry, you knew it would be one of those days when rooney was influencing the ref on decisions, i.e. richardson on sissoko.  the horrible granny :censored:

as for sky, andy gray just supports whoever is winning in the match he is watching. remember gerrard against the :censored: from greece, 'get in their you beauty, what a hit son'.  he has a big fat head and talks though his :censored:

as for the mancs, they are the slide, no money, :censored: squad and the proof is in the pudding, when was the last time the mancs took the league cup serious.  they made out the weekend good old 'besty, the wife beating drunk' died, that they put out a strong side in his honour, bullsh1t, it waqs cos its the only piece of silverware they have a chance of.

and phillip neville wants to believe he plays for the mancs cos he finished and plays for the bluesh1te, he is a :censored:.
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:41 pm

Good post mate and i can understand where you are coming from !!
But really what have you come to expect from Sky??

The lack of appreciation from all corners of the media has long been obvious..
Basically i feel that most if not all football fans have an emmense respect for LFC and us the fans but in a funny way are jealous of our passion,heritage and record..I include the pundits in this!

Basically they dont feel they need to recognise our performances and achievments as worldwide we are already renowned as one of if not the biggest and best clubs ever to play the game we love..Does it annoy me??
Hell no !
It used to but not now as i have become used to jealous and derogitory remarks or often the silence when our boys excel.
Im not saying today was a classic LFC performance by any means but we deserved more than what we got..but unfortunately thats football and we have to keep our heads up high and take it on the chin!

I know where i would rather be..in Manchester or London wa.nking over a robbed 1-0 victory or here supporting the Champions of Europe knowing we are going places under probably..in fact definately one of the best managers in the world!
We are still in the C/L
We are reigning Champions of Europe
Our league form has improved from last year
We have nothing to be ashamed or worried about apart from this defeat we never deserved but have to take!
The future is a lot more rosey than it has been in a long time and we should be greatful to be part of it.Every LFC fan should go to bed happy tonight although somewhat dissapointed...think of the longterm and remember we are going in the right direction!
COME ON THE REDMEN
YNWA
66-1120597113

Postby mark the red » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:48 pm

absolutely spot on mate, little things annoy me, the media act like jamie carra doesnt exist, he is awesome, end of chat.  i think that we should get wound up, the mancs have nothing going for them.  just sleep it off.

i think bringing the dutchman on at the end was wrong, it kind of rocked the boat, so to speak
that evra has fitted in well at the mancs, cheating :censored: already, complaining and injuring others
mark the red

Postby mkingdom » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:04 pm

We had this coming.

All I've read in the press are comments from our players saying we will prove we're now the better side, and how the tide has turned etc.

I'm really suprised we came out with all that before this game.  We should have played ourselves down, saying we are away from home, and UTD are still a force etc etc....instead we reaked of over confidence, and therefore, got done up like a kipper in the last minute.

Yes, we dominated the game, but not where it matters.  What we would give for a deadly striker...erm, about £16 million wasn't it last summer ???
mkingdom

Postby mark the red » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:06 pm

cisse was poor today and crouch, although he got flick on's all game, their is no direction.
mark the red

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:09 pm

Had this coming.. is that right.. umm Rio deadly striker scores for Utd ???

I am amazed at just how ths place looses all sense of perspective - unbelievable :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 pm

mark the red wrote:cisse was poor today and crouch, although he got flick on's all game, their is no direction.

Crouch needed a player alongside him who has the intelligence to get on the end of his flickons and headers. Cisse doesn't have that intelligence and he showed that today. Prior to this game nine out of ten people wanted Cisse to start alongside Crouch because he has pace. He has pace and nothing else, he doesn't have the inteligence to use his pace to stretch defenders. He doesn't have the ability to hold up the ball or dribble around defenders.

He's an average player that Houllier spent 14 million on based on one or two seasons in French League 1. A league that's quite poor if I'm being honest.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:53 pm

A.B. wrote:
mark the red wrote:cisse was poor today and crouch, although he got flick on's all game, their is no direction.

Crouch needed a player alongside him who has the intelligence to get on the end of his flickons and headers. Cisse doesn't have that intelligence and he showed that today. Prior to this game nine out of ten people wanted Cisse to start alongside Crouch because he has pace. He has pace and nothing else, he doesn't have the inteligence to use his pace to stretch defenders. He doesn't have the ability to hold up the ball or dribble around defenders.

He's an average player that Houllier spent 14 million on based on one or two seasons in French League 1. A league that's quite poor if I'm being honest.

Well said!! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:58 pm

hhhmmmm.....

crouch was playing very well and winning most balls that came his way. the problem actually was that that idiot cisse was in the same place competing for the same ball instead of showing a tiny bit of anticipation and footballing intelligence in looking for the second ball from crouch's knockdowns and flick ons.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:03 am

andy_g wrote:

hhhmmmm.....

crouch was playing very well and winning most balls that came his way. the problem actually was that that idiot cisse was in the same place competing for the same ball instead of showing a tiny bit of anticipation and footballing intelligence in looking for the second ball from crouch's knockdowns and flick ons.

when it was cisse knocking in down for crouch only for wes brown (i think it was him anyway) to block the shot on goal, crouchey read it like a f*ckin book and was in exactly the right position, so why the f*ck can't cisse do it when it's the other way round!?   :angry:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:14 am

we may have lost but we still have 2 games in hand and if we win both the were 2 points infront  so its not all doom and gloom but u shud see hoe happy the manc forum is
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion