Can we win the premiership - Realistically

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:35 pm

we are sitting 3rd at the moment with 2 games in hand we are 17 points behind chelsea if we win our 2 games in hand we will still be 11 points behind chelsea will have to lose 4 games and we will have to win 4 and we wud be 1 point in front but can u see that happening

ok if we beat them and manure beat em that still leaves 5 points to be level with them when they play tottenham again if tottenham can draw that will be 2 points lost for chelsea

hopefully if they can do the same at bolton and or man city

these results will only make us leve with them

so im gonna leave u with this question can we do it yes or no
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:38 pm

Realistically i don't think we will win the title this year, maybe snatch second from mancs. biasely hell yes  :D

Chelsea aren't dropping points at the moment and winning every game.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:39 pm

not this season xabialonso.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:40 pm

not this year no and anyone who thinks we can is living in bit of a cuckoo land.2nd place is up for grabs certainly and with it automatic qualification for the champions league.
I've said all season that next season could be immense saying that though if Chelsea decide to go and spend another 150 million in the summer it will make things interesting.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:41 pm

chelsea are too strong and too far ahead,next  year will be our title push
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:41 pm

Never say never until its mathematically not possible!!! But can't really see it this season chelsea ain't gona drop that many points.Next season i can see us pushing on big time, and will be there or there abouts with probably chelsea again. But they are due some bad luck Chelsea i/e injuries and if they lost Terry and Lampard for a while i think they would struggle or drop points anyway.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:42 pm

mighty mo wrote:chelsea are too strong and too far ahead,next  year will be our title push

definitely!  :buttrock
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:43 pm

We are minimum 11 points behind them if we win the postponed game. 11 is a lot. We have to win both at stamford bridge and old trafford and that is not going to happen is it? I'd be happy with 4 points from those two games. Heck, even two draws would be great from those games. Let chelsea win the premiership, we will take CL and the FA cup.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Macca » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:56 pm

No, Chelsea won't slip up by losing games whereas defeats from Fulham and draws from games like Boro, Spurs and Bolton will cost us

Sorry about being negative but its the truth, maybe we can push more next season

Rafa is only in his second season I see good times ahead though :buttrock
Macca

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:12 pm

unless Chelski have a bad run (which is still possible because there is still a lot of football left to be played) i don't think so.  For me, this season has always been about getting 2nd and preparing to go for the title next season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Realistically it is not possible this season
Houllier=LFC

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:34 pm

nay
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:35 pm

Not this season,this season we should be concentrating on finishing second but next season...We will (hopefully) :)
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:21 pm

Definetly not. I didn't think we were going to win it before the season started and I don't think it now. I'm not being negative[far from it] but I am being realistic. Chelsea have a complete squad, and they will be able to get maximum points in every game from this point own. (The only two games they might have problems in is against us and Man Utd, but both are at Stamford Bridge)

I would be pleased with a finish in the top 3, but next season we will have a much more realistic chance of winning the league.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 72-1136150807 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:12 pm

This season is a foregone conclusion IMO. The ONLY possibility I can see of Chelsea dropping points, is if they get past Barca in the Champions League, and really go hell for leather to win the CL, this could possibly lead to a slight lapse in their league form, but at the same time, there squad is so full of quality, that they could play a different team in both competitions.

I think we need to be happy with the rapid progress of the past few months, consolidate at least third place, then attack the end of the season for the second place and automatic Champions League spot, espeically after this extra long season (inc. World Cup of course).
But then, can we keep the good league form and 'bigger' champions league games to come, working in tandem??....For me, that is key to the rest of our (league) season.
72-1136150807

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion