Who is gonna join jamie? - Suggest a dc for liverpool!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:48 pm

king on 8k a week? ????? r u guys all still drunk?
i say go for woodgate. and io dont wanna do a swap deal. we need to keep cisse, especially now that morientez is injured
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:26 pm

Cisse is not for sale according to Benitez.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso14 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:king on 8k a week? ????? r u guys all still drunk?
i say go for woodgate. and io dont wanna do a swap deal. we need to keep cisse, especially now that morientez is injured

To right, wouldnt mind seeing her around the place.

Mind you woodys has had alot of injury problems, and not the best track record. Something I dont think Rafa will appreicate.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bunnyman7 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:56 pm

AussieKopite wrote:
Bunnyman7 wrote::buttrock I think we want an Englishman backthere!! What about Mathew Upson or Ledley King? Both expensive but with great potential!

I don't care what nationality he is as long as he can communicate with the back four and Reina.

I'm not racist or something like this. I just want liverpool keep some balance between British and foreign players!! We allready lost many opportunities to sign players like Joe Cole, Frank Lampard,Damien Duff,Wayne Bridge e.t.c.
Bunnyman7

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:58 pm

Alonso14 wrote:

Mind you woodys has had alot of injury problems, and not the best track record. Something I dont think Rafa will appreicate.

Alonso, they broke up months ago.
I just like the way woody can play. and i could see him and jamie c forging a partnership that would last for years.

I have to admit id like to see a british player brought but not king (too expensive) not upson (not good enough)

doesnt leave that many players.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:38 pm

we must look at Cristian Chivu from Roma, he can play anywhere on he left and is a centreback. Otheres to watch for are Christoph Metzelder of Dortmund, theyre in deep money problems. Also Mexes of Roma, Agger, Woodgate and Anton Ferdinand - hes class.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:47 pm

I'm sure I heard today on 24 hour Sky Sports News channel that Boro are interested in signing Woodgate.  In fact I'm sure McLaren has commented on it.  Weren't really listening at the time though, I was boiling the kettle for a coffee.  Probably just speculative bollocks to be fair but don't laugh, if he was going to leave Real Madrid, why not Boro?  All his family are from there, his mates are all from there, it would allow him to put the last injury plagued couple of years behind him etc.... and get back to playing football in a homely environment in a league he wouldn't find a problem settling back into.  Plus, Real Madrid are s*i*e.

My own personal feelings on this, is if it seriously looks like in any way, shape of form it's going to happen, we should do everything we can without leaving ourselves out of pocket to hijack the bid.  Woodgate would pose a massive problem for Benitez in regards to picking two from three starting centre backs because he would not necessarily be signed as cover for Carragher and Hyypia; he would be signed as a definite in the starting eleven. 

None of this bollocks anymore where we sign players for the future, and stick them in the reserves for a couple of years to watch them mature into players who we sell (Le Tallec for instance and countless others).  Woodgate is proven quality who would slot right into the side and I know a Geordie that is still bitter with him about leaving them.  He still rates him as a player through gritted teeth.

Also if you remember, Benitez wanted to sign him when he first heard that Newcastle were willing to sell.  Not sure about the £15 million Real Madrid paid for him (not saying he wasn't worth it at the time, but he was clearly injured), but we would be more prudent than Madrid were, I'm sure.

So, Woodgate for me.
jonnymac1979

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:52 pm

Ive heard newcastle are trying to get woodgate back on loan. I dont think wed have the problem of picking two from 3 as hypia (god bless him) is closer ot the end than the beginning of his career and with the amo :censored: of games we play im sure hypia would love the rest every now and then
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:53 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I'm sure I heard today on 24 hour Sky Sports News channel that Boro are interested in signing Woodgate.  In fact I'm sure McLaren has commented on it.  Weren't really listening at the time though, I was boiling the kettle for a coffee.  Probably just speculative bollocks to be fair but don't laugh, if he was going to leave Real Madrid, why not Boro?  All his family are from there, his mates are all from there, it would allow him to put the last injury plagued couple of years behind him etc.... and get back to playing football in a homely environment in a league he wouldn't find a problem settling back into.  Plus, Real Madrid are s*i*e.

My own personal feelings on this, is if it seriously looks like in any way, shape of form it's going to happen, we should do everything we can without leaving ourselves out of pocket to hijack the bid.  Woodgate would pose a massive problem for Benitez in regards to picking two from three starting centre backs because he would not necessarily be signed as cover for Carragher and Hyypia; he would be signed as a definite in the starting eleven. 

None of this bollocks anymore where we sign players for the future, and stick them in the reserves for a couple of years to watch them mature into players who we sell (Le Tallec for instance and countless others).  Woodgate is proven quality who would slot right into the side and I know a Geordie that is still bitter with him about leaving them.  He still rates him as a player through gritted teeth.

Also if you remember, Benitez wanted to sign him when he first heard that Newcastle were willing to sell.  Not sure about the £15 million Real Madrid paid for him (not saying he wasn't worth it at the time, but he was clearly injured), but we would be more prudent than Madrid were, I'm sure.

So, Woodgate for me.

I cant help thinking John with his injury record that he  might end up being a liability.Do we really need a Darren Anderton syndrome at the club or indeed a Harry Kewell problem in the heart of defence.A very good player but if he only plays 10 games a season before he breaks down again and then only plays the odd 30 minutes here and there trying to regain full fitness the financial risk is to great at this present time.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:58 pm

I read his interview in FourFourTwo the other month Phil and he seems very optimistic about his injuries now.  Still, a fantastic defender when he's on form, one of the very best we've got in this country. 

We'd need to at least enquire should he become available.
jonnymac1979

Postby L-type » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:45 am

Alonso14 wrote:

and who might this fine girl be? 

and woodgate's reputation is too tarnished for me.  The lad needs to prove he's put the injuries behind him before I'd want to see him don the red jersey.[B]
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:06 am

Zak Knight, I think the concept of having him and Crouch in the box for a Liverpool corner would be pretty good. But he is not really Liverpool quality.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:41 pm

drummerphil wrote:be honest with you yes i would want king,but a cheaper alternative is kings team mate Anthony Gardner.I'm convinced Gardner with the experience of playing with Jamie and Sammi would be a good buy.The lad is 6ft 4 good in the air ,on the ground and i've followed his progress since his days at port vale when he was a school boy.Anthony Gardner has played for the England u21 team and was very close last season to a full international cap.I reckon a bid of around 3million would aquire his services.

Anyone notice how well this lad played against Newcastle yesterday.He had Shearer in his pocket.Only 25 he would be a great buy for about 3 million his family live in Cheshire too.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:49 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:we must look at Cristian Chivu from Roma, he can play anywhere on he left and is a centreback.

i touted this guy ages ago. he's class. he was made captain of ajax at the age of 21 which must tell you something.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:55 am

stmichael wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:we must look at Cristian Chivu from Roma, he can play anywhere on he left and is a centreback.

i touted this guy ages ago. he's class. he was made captain of ajax at the age of 21 which must tell you something.

Yes - his team mates were sh*t!  :D

Forget King, Woodgate and Upson. We all know Rafa will go for a foreigner.
Woody is top drawer when on form, though.

Good shout RE: Gardener.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion