Cisse not worried

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:11 pm

we negotiated the deal for cisse when silly money was being thrown around for average players. he was scoring goals for fun in france (28 in his last season i think) and at the time because of arsenals dominance and the gallic influence in their side everything french was being held up as brilliant.
being fair to cisse he has real pace and a terrific shot but his ball control in traffic is poor and to me he`s not the type of goalscorer that gets the tap ins that are the bread and butter of any striker worth their salt. when he plays with crouch his movement is not that of a predator always looking to get in behind.
his body language isnt the best either.
i`d try and convert him to a right sided attacking midfielder, when he has played there he has given the opposition plenty to think about using his pace to good effect and like ray kennedy his striking instincts mean he will chip in with a few goals too.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:27 pm

Big Niall wrote:Not having a proper striker (i.e. one who can score 20 PREMIERSHIP goals a season is really hurting us, we have a striker with skill but no pace, pace but no skill, and good touch but no finishing ability)

I can't understand why we didn't buy Owen. If you sold a ten pound note for one pound, and a year later the guy came back and offerred to sell it to you for two pounds would you say

A - no pi$$ off, that's twice as much as I sold it for

B - yes, I can't change the past and its a bargain.

Newcastle fans are already calling for Owen to be sold come January, they feel that he's not commited to the club. Being fit for England but never for Newcastle.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:10 am

.. thats interesting AB

I have to say I think Cisse's attitude stinks. Benitez is a hard man under that smooth exterior, he'll smile and open the door for him to f*ck off. That kind of attitude is bad for the dressing room and Benitez won't tolerate it.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:28 am

u can only earn an arrogance by being, to put it simply, world class, Henry, Cantona, Zidane, Vieira to name a few, i dont mind an arrogant player as long as there good enough to be arrogant, and cisse aint in that bracket yet, but he could be a good player, hes young, an international and has pace to burn, if he could improve other areas of his game he could be a hell of a player, its whether hes wiling to listen and learn.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:36 am

.. agreed, arrogance coupled with proven class and talent goes.. but Cisse give me a brk..
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:23 pm

Garymac wrote:u can only earn an arrogance by being, to put it simply, world class, Henry, Cantona, Zidane, Vieira to name a few, i dont mind an arrogant player as long as there good enough to be arrogant, and cisse aint in that bracket yet, but he could be a good player, hes young, an international and has pace to burn, if he could improve other areas of his game he could be a hell of a player, its whether hes wiling to listen and learn.

The last sentence of your post is imo the reason why he will be offloaded (if someone offers a decent price)

We have heard the odd whisperings about Rafa not being happy with Cisse's willingness to improve the teamwork aspect of his game.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:06 pm

I read a while back that uefa were looking into the transfer for some reason - anyone know why?

Maybe they think its suspicious that somebody was willing to pay £14m for somebody because they're fast. I think they should check out the purchase of those two senegal boys - still confuses me - how did GH rate them?

So much money wasted really hurts.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:27 pm

The transfer of Diao in particular has always made me wonder a touch. I mean we all get it wrong from time to time but 5 million quid for a bloke who, to be perfectly blunt, can't play seems mystifying to say the least. I watched him play for Portsmouth the other night and the fella simply has extremely limited ability. Diouf despite severe attitude problems clearly has ability but Diao, and Cheyrou come to think of it were staggeringly bad pieces of judgement.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:31 pm

bigmick wrote:The transfer of Diao in particular has always made me wonder a touch. I mean we all get it wrong from time to time but 5 million quid for a bloke who, to be perfectly blunt, can't play seems mystifying to say the least. I watched him play for Portsmouth the other night and the fella simply has extremely limited ability. Diouf despite severe attitude problems clearly has ability but Diao, and Cheyrou come to think of it were staggeringly bad pieces of judgement.

just for a moment there mick, i thought you were on about kewell  :D , staggering similarites in what you say, that can be attributed to the aussie wonder
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ozzie1000 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:38 pm

well lets see,cisse has raw talent, pace ands power but nop technical ability, where as kuyt isnt as fast or powerful as cisse yet technically gifted,hes awareness is exceptional as well as his positioning, and its fact that dutch players do well in the premiership,bergkamp and van nistletrooy, so its bout time we had our own dutch wonder.  spanish players do ok in the premiership but no one has been outstanding.  arsenal are also after kuyt but with van persie shooting from all cylinders (also dutch) i dont think theyll bid for him.  lets wait till january, who knows we might be in for a surprise
ozzie1000

Postby Red squirrel » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:41 am

Damn Cisse should be worried.. His attitude stinks!!
Only plays when he wants and he's no team player. He should be much better for a player with a 14M price tag but fook we call know this!!
Red squirrel

Postby azriahmad » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:50 am

The bigger worry is for Liverpool - how much will we be able to raise from the transfer of Djibrille Cisse? If he does go to Marseille, I am sure that a big loss for us would ensue.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:20 am

We are certainly going to lose out on the deal, it's just a question of how much. My own feeling is that if he continued in his current form, then we might get around 7-8 million for him, anymore than that and I'd bite their hand off TBH. Unfortunately this not travelling to Sunderland thing could be the beginning of a toys out of the pram stage. You know the one, "I can't see myself kicking another ball for Liverpool. I have given everything to the club, battling back from injury six months early and Benitez just insults me, bringing me off all the time etc etc. I need to play in World Cup year blah blah". If he pulls this one then the price may dip as low as 4-5 million.
As an ex manager once said, "It's important that you leave a legacy". Yeah, cheers mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:40 am

regardless whos coming come january..i've got only 3 words to say..

...au revoir cisse

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:18 pm

bigmick wrote:We are certainly going to lose out on the deal, it's just a question of how much. My own feeling is that if he continued in his current form, then we might get around 7-8 million for him, anymore than that and I'd bite their hand off TBH. Unfortunately this not travelling to Sunderland thing could be the beginning of a toys out of the pram stage. You know the one, "I can't see myself kicking another ball for Liverpool. I have given everything to the club, battling back from injury six months early and Benitez just insults me, bringing me off all the time etc etc. I need to play in World Cup year blah blah". If he pulls this one then the price may dip as low as 4-5 million.
As an ex manager once said, "It's important that you leave a legacy". Yeah, cheers mate.

Why mate hasn't he travelled to Sunderland ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion