Peter crouch - It must be his destiny not to score.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:24 pm

Thats just one game in my opinion. Hes a proven goalscorer in the premiership and at international level ,has pace skill and is strong on the ball. Morientes hasnt exactly been setting the world alight for 90 minutes but we cant deny his class.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:56 pm

If i could sign two strikers for Liverpool, i'd sign Keane and Ashton.

Both bring something different and have exceptional talent. However, neither has the reputation to be signed for this club.

For around the 8 to 10 million mark i think we'd get them both. Excellent players.
115-1073096938

Postby stoney » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:40 am

As much as I think that we should be looking to buy english talent, What I don't agree with is to buying second rate english/british players over a foreign player who is obviously better for the sake of getting an English player. For example the people saying that we should buy Pennant over Simao. Yes pennant is English but no way near Simaos league. People may argue that Crouch is a 2nd rate English player possibly even third rate with some of the opinions people have of him on here  :D but lets not forget that Rafa brought Crouch cause he offers something completely different that other strikers don't and can instantly create havoc in defences coming on in an away match.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:20 am

I'm waiting for BigMick to mention Earnshaw :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:33 am

:D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:37 am

Stoney i disagree lad.

Simao has a good reputation. He's not a patch on Pennant in most areas. From what i've seen of Simao his set pieces are excellent and slightly better than Pennant's.

Pennant has more pace, ability to go past players and his crossing is superb. He also works hard for the team, tracks back and has a intelligence in his game.

The problem is, the lads playing with alot of average players at Birmingham under an average manager. Birmingham have David Dunn and Jermaine Pennant who are capable of walking into almost every side in the country. The rest of there team is :censored: poor with the exception of one or two decent players.

The likes of Keane, Ashton and Pennant have the ability to be superb players at the biggest teams, yet their reputation goes against them.

I've called many players before and i still stand by my judgement of player.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:18 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Stoney i disagree lad.

Simao has a good reputation. He's not a patch on Pennant in most areas. From what i've seen of Simao his set pieces are excellent and slightly better than Pennant's.

Pennant has more pace, ability to go past players and his crossing is superb. He also works hard for the team, tracks back and has a intelligence in his game.

The problem is, the lads playing with alot of average players at Birmingham under an average manager. Birmingham have David Dunn and Jermaine Pennant who are capable of walking into almost every side in the country. The rest of there team is :censored: poor with the exception of one or two decent players.

The likes of Keane, Ashton and Pennant have the ability to be superb players at the biggest teams, yet their reputation goes against them.

Yes, all true but you are forgetting one of the most important things: attitude.

Pennant has done time for drink driving and apparently showed up earlier this season for a Birmingham training session drunk.

He needs to do his penance (sorry  :D ) with a team like Birmingham for another year or two and keep his nose clean in order for a club like ours to take a punt on him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:55 pm

JBG wrote:

Yes, all true but you are forgetting one of the most important things: attitude.

Pennant has done time for drink driving and apparently showed up earlier this season for a Birmingham training session drunk.

He needs to do his penance (sorry  :D ) with a team like Birmingham for another year or two and keep his nose clean in order for a club like ours to take a punt on him.

jbg is correct, and i thank god we didnt sign lee bowyer when all the specualtion was rife.

similar scenario
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:10 pm

A.B. wrote:I'm waiting for BigMick to mention Earnshaw :D

Sorry it took me a while but it's funny you should say that  :D. I see he scored again on Saturday, came on as sub with five minutes to go and scored. Robson doesn't rate him at all though so I'd be surprised if he isn't on his way soon. Not to us of course but if he goes to another Premiership team (with the exception of Sunderland and Portsmouth) I'd bet he will score more than a goal every two games.
If he goes into the Championship which I suspect he may do for one of the teams challenging for promotion, he will score hundreds. You'll have noticed that I haven't taken back a single word of what I said about him, I really do think he's a good goalscorer.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:11 pm

I feel sorry 4 Crouch

In every game he tries hard, and puts effort into the games, tryin to score, hes just been unlucky that he hasnt
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:13 pm

As for Robbie Keane, Stu, he's a player I know a lot about.

He has talent but application is his problem, not to mention a bit of an akward temperment.

I don't think he is good enough for Liverpool: sure, he might become a fans' favourite and score some spectacular goals, but I don't think he is good enough to improve us. He is the type of player we had in Ry Evans' day.

Dean Ashton is a good player who has an even chance of being a sucess at a top club.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:23 pm

The national press are conducting a witch hunt for Crouch at the moment. Every single Liverpool headline has been about him for the last 3 weeks. It's the same on the box. You only had to hear Garth Crooks assessment of our performace on Final Score on Saturday. Asked how Liverpool played/looked he replied 'impossible to say coz Portsmouth are dreadful, Crouch missed a penalty, lost all his confidence and then dissapeared'. What fuc.kin game was he watching? :veryangry

Whether you like Crouch or not (i happen to like him) he's a Liverpool player. The media are treating him like shi.t and trying to make the lad into some sort of lauging stock. Even if i didn't like him as a plyer i would be defending him to the hilt right now with all the flak coming his way.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:29 pm

Scottbot wrote:The national press are conducting a witch hunt for Crouch at the moment. Every single Liverpool headline has been about him for the last 3 weeks. It's the same on the box. You only had to hear Garth Crooks assessment of our performace on Final Score on Saturday. Asked how Liverpool played/looked he replied 'impossible to say coz Portsmouth are dreadful, Crouch missed a penalty, lost all his confidence and then dissapeared'. What fuc.kin game was he watching? :veryangry

Whether you like Crouch or not (i happen to like him) he's a Liverpool player. The media are treating him like shi.t and trying to make the lad into some sort of lauging stock. Even if i didn't like him as a plyer i would be defending him to the hilt right now with all the flak coming his way.

I like him too.

Most players probaly would have cracked under the pressure of all the bad press that Crouch is getting..
For me Crouch just keeps trying to prove the press wrong and to help the club
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:41 pm

I think we should get some kind of weird witch doctor to bless his feet and Crouch will think he is Ian Rush!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:47 pm

JBG wrote:

Sometimes though JBG it takes the pressure of knowing you can't do anything wrong to improve your attitude. Look at John Terry for an example.

Also, its not all down to attitude.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion