Crouch the thorn in liverpool's side - Here's my take on liv vs anderlecht

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:57 pm

hey... watcha know... its now time to bash Crouchy!!!  Well I suppose it was only a matter of time..

7 mill was a bit steep.. but he is English (ie take a player and double his real value)

Peter Crouch was not brought to Liverpool to score 20 goals a season, and if that is what you expect, you are obviously only visiting this planet!!  He was brought in to join midfield to attack and to win balls in the air when we are struggling to break teams down.  All in all I think he has done that.

However...

He does need to score at least 10 goals a season, and he may still do that once his confidence is right.  And that will only happen after the has scored his first (usually the hardest goal to get) goal.  We need to give all our strikers a bit of time, get behind them and make them feel confident about playing in front of the KOP.  That will make anyone fell 10 ft tall. (which is only a couple more inches for Crouchy).

Cisse is knocking them in on a regular basis now, and Morientes has improved significantly in the last 2 games, hopefully it is not too long before the big guy gets into the habit of scoring..
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:02 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:dont wanna sound an :censored: but only two players are in double figures after 28 games, Toshack on 17 and Keegan on 12, not sure what your point is there JohnBull mate?

(cough) Looks to me like Emlyns on 10 .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:14 pm

“Every Dog Has It’s Day”Image
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby derm » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:29 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:
marcus.c wrote:are you on purpose typing so much :censored: this and the west ham one has got to be the most mindless drivell on this site  :Oo:

Another Cut and Paste from the same source Link
derm

Postby Piewhack » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:32 pm

Why post someone else's article and claim it for your own? ???
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:03 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:dont wanna sound an :censored: but only two players are in double figures after 28 games, Toshack on 17 and Keegan on 12, not sure what your point is there JohnBull mate?

Its a fair cop guv.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:17 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Its a fair cop guv.

:laugh:
Still ,like you , don't know what Bully's point was .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:43 pm

ach, same old story on the board. Same reason behind it, the lad thrives on supply and we are starving him of that. Ever now and then it filters through, but he's lacking confidence.....I still think he can do a job for us.

I highlight again the fact that he never stops trying and he has my respect at the moment for that and that only.

Sure he can't live off of that forever, but let's get him the service first and then judge him over a period of time, not just 1 or 2 games.
Homebooby

Postby JohnBull » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:not sure what your point is there JohnBull mate

Everyone goes on about buying "great" goal scorers but the only player there in double figures, with us at number 1, is a long beanpole. You don't need out and out "goal scorers" to do very well indeed.
Good Old Tosh,(can't stand him now)
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:01 pm

Okay, Crouch is playing :censored: at the moement, but isn't it time we got behind the lad.  After all he's gives 100% and has never hidden.  Whilst the opposing fans are booing him, i think we should get behind him, he needs confidence & once he gets his 1st goal, i'm sure he'll get his fair share.
Red Indian

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:08 pm

The thing is, if we'd gotten him for the right price (about £3.5 million) and nobody was expecting him to be a first choice, there wouldn't be so much debate about it as he'd just be another squad player. The fact that he was our "key" signing of the summer puts him under a lot more scrutiny than he should be, and that's part of the reason why he looks so out of his depth.  :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:56 pm

Middlesbrough payed 7million for Yakubu........sames as we did for Crouch........I know who i prefer
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:36 am

:D Owen?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:18 am

Red Indian wrote:After all he's never hidden.

Maybe because he is 6ft7in :laugh: , its a bit hard like!!

76-1115222408

Postby AwiLas » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:21 am

Most of you all says that it is ok as Crouchie needs time to adapt and whatsoever.. But, how the hell is he going to play for his country if he needs some time.?. Owen doesn't need time to adapt to English football, Rooney is playing like he had done it before and there is still Heskey, Alan Smith etc.. With the way Crouchie played against Anderlecht, it's better to put Riise as a striker.. At least he got a couple of good shots.. Cheers..
AwiLas

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion