The club car park - Jesus christ!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:10 pm

dum1 wrote:All player's get paid too much and are sh(i)gging the game dry. and don't forget its us fans who pay for it:angry. Shanks would be turning in his grave, so when you ask for an autograph (not even to sit in his car) and he clips you around the ear just remember you as the fan help pay for it - not a lot of players remember that:

People need to stop using that pharse.

On the subject of cars, i was at the chelsea blackburn game yesterday and on the way i saw Del Horno in his Mini Copper. Modest i thought, not a bad fella, let me take a photo of him and gave us a smile and a thumbs up. Just shows its just another sterotype, im sure there are plenty of good people in the football world.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby <-alonso-> » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:17 pm

i wanna know who's the mercedes cls amg was
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby dum1 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:21 pm

Alonso14

May I ask what being a good guy has to do with being paid too much. If you are happy with the money they get then fine, for me it is too much and leads to too much extravagance especially when I'm funding it.

I have no trouble with a quality car but some of the models seem a tad over the top and almost like a smack in the mouth to me.
dum1

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:48 pm

Fair enough dum1. i think they are over paid too and dont disagree. But theres nothing else we can do, unless Fifa or the F.A step in and put a wage budget on teams.

But the point i was trying to make was that alot of tabloids make out like the whole indutry are rapists.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:42 pm

dum1 wrote:Alonso14

May I ask what being a good guy has to do with being paid too much. If you are happy with the money they get then fine, for me it is too much and leads to too much extravagance especially when I'm funding it.

I have no trouble with a quality car but some of the models seem a tad over the top and almost like a smack in the mouth to me.

Sour Grapes! If you were good enough and could easily afford it you would do the same. Maybe if you stopped funding the players extravagant lives, you could go out and buy your own nice car.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dum1 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:59 pm

Kazza

Not at all - I'm quite happy with my lot which is private and I choose not to spend my money on big cars but bricks and mortar so my car would not reflect my wealth which is how I like it.

I think in some circles it seen as poor taste and new money as opposed to wealth accumulated over generations.

I seem to remember Nial Quinn donated the funds from his testamonial match to a charity. Now if you are happy funding their lifestyles fine but if I could stop it I would.

Earning a good screw is fine but the players and others are now in danger of destroying the game with their demands.
dum1

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:33 am

gary106 wrote:pretty sure the ferrari is nando's

I saw that Ferrari too, this years reg as well. I think it could be Garcias. I was going to wait around to see - then I remembered the hammers fans we're just about to be let out. Now i'm not a pussy but someof them are loonys
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby <-alonso-> » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:19 am

cool,they are  FECKIN SCUMMERS
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby Scott P » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:24 pm

Dont the players meet up somewhere and get a bus together to the ground?
Scott P

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:09 pm

Scott P wrote:Dont the players meet up somewhere and get a bus together to the ground?

nah that was just pellegrino's idea last season because he had a free bus pass. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:32 pm

Scott P wrote:Dont the players meet up somewhere and get a bus together to the ground?

I always thought they get a coach from Melwood on match days.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby <-alonso-> » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:12 am

they would meet up at malwood or a hotel in liverpool, and the team bus will take them to the ground,but maybecisse wnated to show off, as with the mysterious ferrari owner
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:19 am

The  Ferrari is Riise's, Gerrards got a Bentley and Rafa drives a Mondeo  :D
Anyone remember Igors awl banger  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:08 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Anyone remember Igors awl banger  :D

Don't you mean awl plonker
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:10 am

kazza wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Anyone remember Igors awl banger  :D

Don't you mean awl plonker

:D Ive got Igors plonker on my phone, in the changing room in Istanbul when we won, Igor drops his towel dozy as you like, all the players are singin and dancing and spraying champers at Stevie.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion