Benitez and the history of lfc - ....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:53 pm

The Mikel Obi thing has all the look from the outside of an absolute scandal. I don't know the ins and outs to be perfectly honest but whenever I've read about it the thing stinks to high heaven. His agent (Shittu, I kid you not) seems to be a bit of a crook and last I read they were holed up in some Norway hotel room, refusing the wages of the club Manure thought they bought him off.
Obi claims that in actual fact he wanted to play for Chelsea, not Manure all along and it's all been a terrible mistake. Nobody knows how John Shittu is financing the upkeep of his only client, though recently when he was arrested at Oslo airport (I think) with about 17 grand in readies (well above what is legally allowed apparantly) he was reluctant to divulge where he got the money from. There is no proof whatsoever of any impropriety and who knows this sort of thing could be commonplace, but it reeks of dishonesty. Chelsea guilty? Nah mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:41 pm

Maybe we are our own worst enemy at times clinging to our past and History also.
But when you are the most successfull club in the UK its hard not to cling onto hopes of Liverpool of the past, and wish to win title after title over and over again, win everything beat all that is put infront of you, think that teams are terrified to come to our sacred home.
Its difficult I know we are in a transitional period now, but when a new manager comes in we get told the same thing, give it time it will all be ok in the end.

But then there becomes a time where you dont believe these things anymore, and I suppose it just hurts to face the truth that we are not the best around and we are a long way from it.
Reading in the echo tonight, this has been our worst start of the season since 1969 FFS I wasnt even born then, so it makes you wonder WHY?
How can we just win 2 european tropheys, and then perform so bad in the prem?

I said it yesterday and Ill say it again I do believe Rafa needs to employ and ex red, and Thommo is the right man for the job, he lives, eats, breathes Liverpool the guy loves our club with all his heart, and he will be more use to Rafa than Paco, Im not saying get rid of Paco, but they need help with these teams we face over 38 games a season.

No one predicted that a multi billionair would buy the premiership, and the only way anyone can stop the total domination of them is to abandon the games, escpecially at stamford Bridge, something needs to be done, whats the point in just playing for a place in the CL or UEFA Cup every season?
Its a sport afterall only it seems like they are cheating with every game they play because its very unfair that no one can match them in players.
Sorry gone off topic, about the History of Liverpool, as I said before maybe we are to blame also that we harp on about it so much, but when you win the CL for the 5th time, its hard not to bring the history back up.

I know that Rafa and Montse his wife read books and watch tapes of the Liverpool of old, and his wife is facinated by Shanks, and I suppose the hardest part of it all is the language barrier and trying to put things across in english what he would love to say and do.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:22 pm

If Chelsea supporters who have been going to the Bridge for years are honest, yes they love winning and the success, but more so when they have earned it. The FA Cup and Cup Winners Cup wins of recent years were earned after building a team together and indeed climbing the League table after barren years. Yes, they flashed some cash, but so did others, although you could argue that their balance sheet was somewhat more precarious. What is significantly different with Chelsea today as to any team anywhere of any area is they have 2 world class teams each capable of challenging for the title, where talented players are lost to the bench or reserves hoping that their opportunity will come.

In previous dynasties the classy, back up player ie. Cudicini would move on to play regularly elsewhere, and a developing player or less talented option would be the back up. The back ups at Chelsea all have belief in themselves and hope that the No. 1 choice may befall an injury or suspension to give them a chance, so they don't mind sticking it out – oh, and of course the massive wage packet helps.

Chelsea are the get rich quick scheme – make a million today, no need to work hard for it over a period of time. I don't see anything wrong with a large investment, it is just pointless if like Roman’s money it is endless.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion