New debate - Who will finish in the top 6?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:53 pm

What about Craig Bellamy,Dyer and Bowyer? Him enforcing descipline hasn't worked it seems and he keeps looking for players with bad reputations. (Anelka, and even Emre has caused some problems off the pitch)
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:05 pm

The players you mentioned are kunt's . Any mgr would have problems with them unless they are prepared to turn a blind eye to members of their squad behaving  like thugs .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:39 am

Chelski should finish top, with arsenal 2nd and its between us and mancs for 3rd and 4th. I see a lot of quality, albeit rahter youthful, at Spurs. The 6th place is between Bolton, Boro and perhaps Neverton.

I have to agree with Liveranytime (did I get the name correct?) regarding Gilberto Silva at Arsenal. This guy is really untypical of the normal outlook one would have of Brazillians. He plays defensive most of the time and in tandem with the departed Viera, he sits there and let Viera foray forward. Gilberto is very skillful (he is showing more of his skills this season in the 2 games I have seen him - perhaps having a bit more freedom?), yet so understated and disciplined at defensive midfield. He has been the best Brazillian in English football by a long mile.

Arsenal really missed him last season. Such an unsung player, just like Ronnie Whelan. You'd really miss Whelan when he is absent, yet he is taken for granted for so much of the time. Whelan's abilities shade Hamann's anytime anyday, and this is not to say that Hamann not a good player, but how good Whelan was. The younger fans may not have a clue but try to look at past archives if you can and you will know what I am talking about.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:33 pm

MY PREDICTION-

1.Chelsea/Arsenal
2."
3.Liverpool/Manchester United
4."                                 "
5.Bolton
6.Middlesbrough
7.Tottenham
8.Newcastle
9.Everton
10.Aston Villa

i believe that chelsea and arsenal will be fighting it out for 1st place, i have a funny feelin that arsenal which just beat chelsea though.
liverpool will be fighting for a place between 3rd and 4th with man utd. i do believe liverpool will secure the fourth spot at least! (more comfortablely)
bolton will be the surprise team again. although they have lost quite a few players they have managed to sign real quality in borghetti and nakata.
middlesbrough, newcastle and tottenham all have a shout for a european place.
everton will not be a success this season and will finish ninth.
and with david o'leary bringing in new faces such as berger, phillips and maybe baros i feel they will also give the likes of newcastle, tottenham and middlesbrough a run for there money.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:36 am

azriahmad wrote:Chelski should finish top, with arsenal 2nd and its between us and mancs for 3rd and 4th. I see a lot of quality, albeit rahter youthful, at Spurs. The 6th place is between Bolton, Boro and perhaps Neverton.

I have to agree with Liveranytime (did I get the name correct?) regarding Gilberto Silva at Arsenal. This guy is really untypical of the normal outlook one would have of Brazillians. He plays defensive most of the time and in tandem with the departed Viera, he sits there and let Viera foray forward. Gilberto is very skillful (he is showing more of his skills this season in the 2 games I have seen him - perhaps having a bit more freedom?), yet so understated and disciplined at defensive midfield. He has been the best Brazillian in English football by a long mile.

Arsenal really missed him last season. Such an unsung player, just like Ronnie Whelan. You'd really miss Whelan when he is absent, yet he is taken for granted for so much of the time. Whelan's abilities shade Hamann's anytime anyday, and this is not to say that Hamann not a good player, but how good Whelan was. The younger fans may not have a clue but try to look at past archives if you can and you will know what I am talking about.

Know exactly what your talking about with Ronnie Whelan and if anyone does check out the archives. Make sure you watch his curling goal in 83 Milk Cup final against the Mancs.....sweetest milk ever   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:54 pm

Hi friends this is how its gonna finish ok!!! lol

1st   chelski
2nd   liverpool
3rd    spurs ----- yes spurs
4th    arseolenel
5th    rooney utd () bigassess
6th    strap-on or bolt-on you decide !!

We will see ay!!!! :;):
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:24 am

Chelsea
Arsenal/Man USA
"
Liverpool
Spurs
Villa
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:17 pm

Top Six For Me Would be:
1 Chelsea
2 Man Poo
3 Arsenal
4 Liverpool
5 Totenham
6 Man City

Relegation are: Sunderland, Wigan and Portsmouth
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:36 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:
A.B. wrote:Under Souness, Newcastle will not make it in the top six.

I totally agree. Souness has to be the worst manager opperating in the Premiership today. His history of alienating players like Yorke, Cole and Robert, the Bowyer/Dyer thing, his relasionship with Bellamy and his consistant poor form. His tactics are too rigid, he doesn't know how to buy players and blind arrogance seems to be his only weapon. I can't see him lasting the season, and if he starts to crumble quickly, I can't see him making X-mas.

Newcastle gave up on Robson after a couple of bad results and paniced into buying Souness. At least Robson had the power to inspire his players and shop well in the market. Souness is trying to bluff his way through managment because he is such a bad pundit and he craves the limelight. Considering how good he was on the pitch, it's almost depressing to see how bad of a manager he is now.

We're four games into the season now and Newcastle have a single point. Ok, they got a bit unlucky against Arsenal, but the should be matching the big boys with a club with the money, resources and size of Newcastle. They should at least be matching teams like Bolton. And to only draw against West Ham...  :no

Spurs are looking really strong despite their loss to Chel$ki, and could this be the year that Charlton actually sustain a run and make Europe? It's all looking very interesting indeed...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:22 pm

man city are this season's everton.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:05 am

So it seem's stmike, Everton are definitely proving it was pure luck last season. They where a disgrace to English football tonight getting beat 5 - 1 by an average team.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:34 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Chelsea
Arsenal/Man USA
"
Liverpool
Spurs
Villa

villa? did you see them against west ham? :Oo:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:48 pm

villa are not going to make it this season, with that right back? done for the whole season.

just wanted to mention, did you see real madrid this week get beat by celta vigo  :D and then lyon
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:32 pm

In all fairness, the goal that sunk Real Madrid against Celta Vigo didn't even cross the line. The shot came in and hit the underside of the bar, dropped down just in front of the goal line and was givin as a goal.
Last edited by Gareth G on Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:44 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:In all fairness, the goal that sunk Real Madrid against Celta Vigo didn't even cross the line. The shot came in and hit the underside of the bar, dropped down just in front of the goal line and was givin as a goal.

i didnt see the game, i just saw the ticker.  But what has happened to them this year , they havent been performing all that well. but back to the debate, it looks more of a pregression season for alot of teams. They will all pick up a few more wins, and the race for uefa cup positions is going to be closer. I think their might be surprise like everton last year, or bigger.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion