Momo - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:50 am

^^^ i dunno yet, i haven't seen him have to do anything yet

He hasn't been tested apart from that shot against Sofia in the first leg therefore he hasn't had much to do. But he's giving confidence more to the back four than Dudek has even done recently.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:50 am

momo was great against cska  he deserved that goal in the last few seconds when he hit the bar  great prospect  i hope he will be threading balls through for some guy called michael  ?  :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:04 am

He is very atheletic but hope he doesn't get himself injured with the way he tackles. As he is getting more comfortable with more games, I'm sure his overall level will increased once he knows the team better. REally great signing.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby YoungAdam » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:15 pm

From what I've seen he looks great. Can get to places quickly and can cover a huge area. Also looks to get a decent power behind the ball. Early days yet, but it looks good.
YoungAdam

Postby RedorDead » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:27 am

It is clear that our central midfield pairing will be Xabi and Gerrrd and rightly so, they are both very gifted players in that position however it always struck me that Gerrard in particular plays better when someone like Didi Hamman is playing with him, it just frees him up to surge forward. In Sissoko we have Hamman's long term replacement and I think he will be great for us. He will come on as a sub and free other players up and other games where that solidity infront of the defence is needed he will start and I have no doubt he will be a success. He is by no means the finished article but as sure a prospect as we've had for a while.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:13 am

He a good signing and has shown good defensive capabilities.  I think he is in the Makele mould in that when he wins the ball he needs to play simple.  I think he would work well alongside gerrard or alonso.  Too similar to play along side didi, although I dont think that will be an option.
Jari's mullet

Postby gary106 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:55 pm

momo so far this season has been outstanding, he's solid in his tackle, always fights back and trys to regain posession unlike some others and is always fully comitted. i like him alot but my only problem is that i think he'll be one if them players that in games against the bitters, man u etc etc he'll be booked and sent off, i cant just see it happening. but imagine him and xabi pretecting our defence, with stevie breaking forward then a left/right winger and a striker ahead of them :D  scary for any team
gary106

Postby mighty mo » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:06 pm

a lot of clubs are going to be disapointed with there scouts missing out on this guy,the guy is class for a twenty year old and is going to improve immensly,rafa should be congratulated for this shrewd buy :D
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:07 pm

After Alonso ,Sissoko is Rafa's best signing . He's still a bit rough around the edges but already showing great quality .He's been solid in every performance ,I'm sure he'll just get better and better.   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:08 pm

doesnt let players get past thats for sure
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Espionage » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:49 pm

I cant wait to see how the Gerrad/Alonso/Sissoko middle of the park combo works once they have been togeather for a couple of seasons (which it looks like it will!!!!!!!!!!!) :p
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:13 pm

I thought he changed the game last night. People keep comparing him to Hamman but to me he is more a Viera (or even a Gerrard a couple of years back). He breaks up tackles and then looks to surge forward with the ball. He seems alot more offensive minded than Didi. As a partnership I thought Momo and Didi were excellent (but granted Moscow gave us alot of room in midfield)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:37 pm

Hes a tough man, best signing pre season, but the old problem remains, we need quality wingers who can beat defenders.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Alanay » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:18 am

It looks like nobody can round him easily. Very solid frame in the midfield. Very good signing!
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby venpk09 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:22 pm

this guy got the build, the confidence and has shown great skill.
really got to be signing of the season. 20yrs too!!!

wonder if those superb young players Houllier signed ppl like biscan were like that in the begining, but due to improper training and tactics and insufficent exposure, they started to rot.
venpk09

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion