Players you have been impressed with? - In pre-season.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:59 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:Impressed with Baros but he has unfortunatly not impressed Rafa, which would ultimately lead to being sold (not what I want).

its better not to think about it.....no matter how much we harp here...he is gonna be sold. (just can hope he goes overseas)

its time to move on. Baros will not be a LFC player in the new season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:11 am

Pre-season is just what it is, pre-season.

What I am more interested in is the performance during this pre-season period in the competitive matches, the CL qualifying rounds. For me, the most impressive is the ever irreprissible and indomitable Stevie G, but he perhaps shone because the other players generally did not rise to the occassion. The main exception has been Alonso who has bossed the midfield well and Carra has been up to his usual standards.

Early days yet, but the strikers in particular have to stand up and be counted more by scoring regularly. It has been heartening to see Cisse gettin on the score sheet in 2 consecutive pre-season competitive matches.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:04 am

for me the most impressive players have been whitebred & medjani.

don't get me wrong. i know what gerrard, alonso & carra can do. But i have pretty impressed with the 2 CBs. Whitebred esp can be a great CB if he keeps improving. Medjani also shows good vision. He seems to like to hit passes from the back. And most importantly, they have pace  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:35 am

Out of the new players Sissoko and Reina have impressed me the most. Reina is very possitive and seems to attack crosses rather than just stand and watch them. This is something we have lacked in a keeper for a long time. The one area we haven't seen much of yet is how good he is a stopping shots. I think Dudek was pretty good at reaction saves and stopping shots but it was crosses and actually catching the ball that let him down.

In the few minutes i saw Sissoko playing the other night i saw a lot of potential. Didn't see anything spectacular but some nice little quick passes and good tackles and i think he will do well for us.

I haven't seen much of Crouch but i have to say what i have seen of him worries me a little. He looks too clumsy too me to be a natural scorer. Then again i supose he does give us another option in matches.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:39 am

Reina looks solid and i haven't seen a goalkeeper, in a red shirt, command the box like he has, for a long time.  Crouch has impressed me too and i think he will work well with Cisse
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:25 am

7_Kewell wrote:Reina looks solid and i haven't seen a goalkeeper, in a red shirt, command the box like he has, for a long time.  Crouch has impressed me too and i think he will work well with Cisse

Our goalkeepers dont wear red shirts  :D   :p   :upside:
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adtz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:35 am

most of the youngster had perform well in the pre season...

Player lake potter, whitebread & tallec had really took their chance well..

hope they will keep on with their goodwork and our 19 Wait for the ultimate prize is over:)
Adtz

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:36 am

Alonso14 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Reina looks solid and i haven't seen a goalkeeper, in a liverpool shirt, command the box like he has, for a long time.  Crouch has impressed me too and i think he will work well with Cisse

Our goalkeepers dont wear red shirts  :D   :p   :upside:

he didn't say they did!  ???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Reina looks superb
Cisse looks back to his best
Baros looks suprb aswell
Gerrard superb
Alonso brilliant
Carra solid
Nando looks alright needs to sharpen up though
Sissoko looks great
kopite

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:17 am

kopite wrote:Reina looks superb
Cisse looks back to his best
Baros looks suprb aswell
Gerrard superb
Alonso brilliant
Carra solid
Nando looks alright needs to sharpen up though
Sissoko looks great

Josemi nice
Finnan good
Medjani ok
Hamann nice
Potter good
Riise ok
kopite :censored:
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:29 am

The_Rock wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:Impressed with Baros but he has unfortunatly not impressed Rafa, which would ultimately lead to being sold (not what I want).

its better not to think about it.....no matter how much we harp here...he is gonna be sold. (just can hope he goes overseas)

its time to move on. Baros will not be a LFC player in the new season.

yes youre right there is nothing we can do about it,  but this must be said the main reason that baros is going is that we need the money for a centre back and selling him is the only way   wether we miss baros or not is down to a guy called   djibril cisse     the moment of truth- he will deliver.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:05 am

It's a case of too little too late for Baros.

He had plenty of chances, why did he not make the most of it? Why is it only now that he isa showing that he can "acquire" some awareness during his running to square a ball to a better placed team-mate for a better crack at goal?

MilitiaRusher my friend, don't despair too much, Rafa must have planned what to do and who to get in this summer for months. He is his own man and he is the man in the hot seat.

I have said earlier that Baros has all of the qualities to be a top class striker but he failed in his application because he did not make full use of his skills - he has fallered to deceive for too long and now his time may be up.

We need to find a quick and reliable central defender more than we need 4 quality strikers and perhaps Liverpool's finances have dictated this outcome that a marketable player like Baros will have to go to finance the purchase of the needed reinforcement.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:46 am

Spot on azriahmad. Hyypia rescently in an interview said how Benitez told him that he would sign another centerback this summer, and I think that we will see one pretty soon.

Andrade has been linked with us and I hope that we do sign him, he would definetly strengthen the back four.

Also we need another RB, Josemi can't cut it and the youngsters aren't ready[yet]. Reports say that Josemi is going to Sevilla. With Baptista staying at Sevilla, they have to sell one of their 4 non EU players because a club can't more than 3. It could well be Alves, and we could be the ones to get him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:45 pm

It was reported somewhere that Bapista only earns 5,000 pounds a week presently and Arsenal was willing to pay him 10 times the salary. Yet, he has rejected the Arsenal move as he wants to stay in Spain 1 more year to get a Spanish passport and would then be freer to move to bigger clubs as an EU country citizen. Perhaps he also realises that he is not in the frame to play for Brazil.

This guy only earns 5,000 a week and look at his scoring record. His attitude and single mindedness to sacrifice 1 year of potential big bucks so that he can improve his chances in the long term.

His commitment puts to shame compared to people like Kewell who earns 60,000 pounds per week, yet put so little effort and shows a pathetic level of passion and continues to live on past reputation.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jammydodger » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:31 am

Alonso's passing has been out of this world, he looks to be in good shape.

Whitbread's physical presence has looked good, but he still needs ALOT of nurturing to become anywhere near as good as Carragher or Hyypia.

Zenden looks good when he has space in front of him, however i havent been too convinced with his ability to beat a man, i think he has lost alot of the pace he had.

Crouch looks to be a brilliant signing, and it is a shame we have decided to get rid of Baros, is it only me who remembers how well he played with a tall, physical striker, with good touch in Euro 2004? (Jan Koller!)

Like him or not, Josemi has looked brilliant, positioning has been great, and on the ball he has been very composed. He has however made a few mistakes, but they will be stomped out by the start of the season.

Cisse looks to have regained some of that excellent form we saw at Auxerre, but still doesn't look to be match fit.

As for Sissoko, the kid looks amazing, but he still needs to get some more experience and needs to adapt to the premiership, dont expect anything too soon.

Gerrard is ALWAYS impressive, along with Carragher, and without Didi Hamann, we'd be a broken side, he'll be near impossible to replace.
jammydodger

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion