Warnock: our best left back? - In my opinion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:33 pm

Last season someone started a thread who would develop the most under Raffa & I said Carra & boy did he improve along with Finnan. This season I believe it will be Warnock that makes the step up & develops his game to becme a first team regular.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:40 pm

i`m starting to go off riise as a left back, talk about going awol. i hope its just a pre season thing.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby RED ANT » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:42 pm

What position did Warnock play when in the youth team? I can see his career mirroring Carras with him playing in many positions over the next few seasons until he finds his best one.

Although he looks good at left back to me.With him and Riise you have to wonder why Troure got a new contract recently.
RED ANT

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:47 pm

I dunno about best left back but I deffo think that he's really for regular first team footie :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:55 pm

john craig wrote:If he does get a decent run in the side this season and does well, it will be interesting to see if Sven takes notice with the world cup looming, especially if Bridge isn't getting a game at Chelsea.  I think possibly next summer is a bit soon for Warnock but I'm convinced he'll be an international player some day.

dont' get me wrong i would love to see warnock in an england shirt too, but i think sven favours ashley cole as left back for the years to come unfortunately!  :(
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:58 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
john craig wrote:If he does get a decent run in the side this season and does well, it will be interesting to see if Sven takes notice with the world cup looming, especially if Bridge isn't getting a game at Chelsea.  I think possibly next summer is a bit soon for Warnock but I'm convinced he'll be an international player some day.

dont' get me wrong i would love to see warnock in an england shirt too, but i think sven favours ashley cole as left back for the years to come unfortunately!  :(

Obviously, I was thinking more of a place in the squad rather than 1st 11.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:07 pm

john craig wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:

sorry, i apologise, my mistake.
but i still think sven will favour wayne bridge over warnock.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:17 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
john craig wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:

sorry, i apologise, my mistake.
but i still think sven will favour wayne bridge over warnock.

No bother mate,

Sven favours Bridge at the moment, but that MIGHT change if Warnock manages to establish himself as our regular left back and Del Horno keeps Bridge out of the Chelski side.  You never know, its a long season.  I don't honestly expect that to happen this season, but don't rule it out
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:26 pm

Paul C wrote:I dunno about best left back but I deffo think that he's really for regular first team footie :cool:

I can only echo that.
Warnock has the talent ,all he needs  is more experience through regular footy . I'd be happy to see him on the teamsheet week after week .I've got a feeling this lad given the chance is going to be massive,(in a carra/phil neal kind of way, solid reliable LFC through and through )
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:35 pm

This may just be the football manager talking, and I've been wrong on this thread once already, but I thought Warnock was Irish? Or am I thinking of Potter? Or both? :O
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:56 pm

your are probally think of mark kennedy. he was irish.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:02 pm

Potter is a local lad and Warnock was born just up the road (Ormskirk)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:17 pm

Warnock is a solid player and great 2 see him coming thru the ranks!He's young and will only get better too,definately one of the stars of the future!Traore does make mistakes yeah,but the lads still learning his trade!Deserves another season or 2 he's got a lot of potential!But i would give Risse the nod over both of them every time as i dont remember him putting a foot wrong for us!
66-1120597113

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:01 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:This may just be the football manager talking, and I've been wrong on this thread once already, but I thought Warnock was Irish? Or am I thinking of Potter? Or both? :O

i reckon you`re right, i`m pretty sure i`ve read something or heard somewhere that potter, even though he`s from the truly great city of liverpool has played for the irish under 21`s or something.
i`m not 100% sure but something tells me he`s got something to do with the irish set up.
i could be wrong though, usually am

:D

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:15 pm

I agree warnock is more solid and a run in the team will only see imporvements. I think he will definatly feature a lot more with riise in midfield.

how ever i think riise will be left back with zenden, kewell and Gonzales(eventually) pushing for left midfield positions
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion