Liverpool vs t.n.s (2nd leg) - Strong squad out tommorow

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:52 pm

how far away is lithuania? ???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:56 pm

just to the right of the south east side of sweden
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:57 pm

not that far then.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:01 pm

yeah, kind of looks the same distance to Munich.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:05 pm

At least this time of the year, the weather will not be so much of a factor in Lithuania like those Spartak Moscow away games which seem to affect the very top European teams like Bayern in the past, to add to the travelling discomfort.

Anyway, I am so glad that we won without much toll on the players.

I was very concerned when Alonso was caught by a late tackle by a TNS player in the second half.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:06 pm

can't see switzerland on the map.
if the players are going to lithuania straight from switzerland it might be a shorter distance.
will they be in switzerland next week?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:31 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:can't see switzerland on the map.
if the players are going to lithuania straight from switzerland it might be a shorter distance.
will they be in switzerland next week?

switzerland is #14.

It's about the same distance from england to lithuania, actually.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:15 am

Anyone have the goals from last night ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:59 am

Owenas wrote:FBK Kaunas won`t be easy to beat, I can assure that:;): I am from Lithuania and I watched the game "live" against "HB" . Kaunas is not strong enough to beat LFC and I can say that they are even quite weak now, but our team chairman said, that he will strengthen squad before the game against champions with few good players:p My opinion: Liverpool will win 4-1 on aggregate.

Anyway, tickets will be available tommorow already and I think that they`ll be sold immediately:) Will U come to Lithuania? How many fans  intend to fly here? It`s interesting for us...:laugh:

After all, being Champions of a particular country is always something to be proud of. I'm sure your team will proabbly cause some problems in the away tie at Lithuania but we will surely batter you in Anfield. By the way, do you know of any players in your team that supports Liverpool? Just curious.

Speaking of the question you brought out, I doubt many Liverpool fans would travel to Lithuania as many of them have been paying off their credit cards at Istanbul and maybe the money could be better spent in more prestigious European nights.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:02 am

Who has the goals from this match ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:15 am

Just thought I'd say how much Zak Whitbread has impressed me over the last couple of weeks. He's like a more mobile clone of Sami, and that's got to be a good thing. I know it's bottom of the barrel opposition, but for a youngster, he really impressed in a quiet sort of way.

As for Stevie, well, I think he's on a mission to be the Champions League TGS and if I were Kaunas, I'd look out for another few screamers from him. It just goes to show that if Gerrard wants to, I mean REALLY wants to, he can win every game of the season for us with shots like his. I just hope he doesn't have to.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:19 am

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:42 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Just thought I'd say how much Zak Whitbread has impressed me over the last couple of weeks. He's like a more mobile clone of Sami, and that's got to be a good thing. I know it's bottom of the barrel opposition, but for a youngster, he really impressed in a quiet sort of way.

As for Stevie, well, I think he's on a mission to be the Champions League TGS and if I were Kaunas, I'd look out for another few screamers from him. It just goes to show that if Gerrard wants to, I mean REALLY wants to, he can win every game of the season for us with shots like his. I just hope he doesn't have to.

Alot of people might disagree with me, but i think Whitbread is nowhere near in the same class as Hyypia and nowhere near good enough for the first team. It may seem a bit harsh on a young lad who only gets limited first team opportunities to impress, but i dont think he dominates in the air enough, and i also think he gets caught out of position as well.
Swapping Zenden and Riise didnt help though, as Zenden lost his man more than once, and will have to improve his concentration to play at LB.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby plasterman » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:44 pm

:laugh: it was good to see us win :laugh:
even if it was a little unconvincing with all those high quailty players out for us.  TNS shouldve been allowed that goal though, they deserved some reward for all that hard work.

And it really annoys me that to make it look like a more convincing win, better bring on gerrard.  He's a midfielder for god sake, he shouldnt be relied on to finish teams off.  The strikers should have been able to do that in the previous 70 mins.

Gotta say, TNS looked better than leverkusen did at the weekend!

And a big up to Zak Whitbread, met him about 3 yrs ago.  My mates aid he would never get into the side cos he wasnt good enough and he'ld end up at chester.  Well thats pishd on their bonfire!!!  :buttrock
plasterman

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:49 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Swapping Zenden and Riise didnt help though, as Zenden lost his man more than once, and will have to improve his concentration to play at LB.

With regards to Zenden, I dont think he's an answer to our left wing problem by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not being pessimistic, or negative, but he should really be on the bench.

I live in Middlesbrough and have spoken to Boro fans who have seen him week in week out for two years. If you speak to any of them they'll tell you he didnt produce the goods on the left, but in the middle where he had more freedom to get in the box and score goals.

That is something that we have been missing in the centre of midfield. As great as Alonso and Hamann are, they play so deep in our own half at times that we have no pace or drive from the centre of midfield for long spells unless Gerrard produces something. No surprise then, that yesterday we bring Gerrard on and our whole team seemed to move up about three gears almost straight away.

He's a superb aquisition for free as cover, but only that, he can't get in the first team in his best position, & isnt good enough to go straight into the first team in any other IMO.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion