Dudek told to look for other club - :(

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dosserboy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:30 pm

Nice guy the Dude but got to go, Carson for me shows great potential and will be a great back up to Reina.
dosserboy

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:59 pm

I cannot believe I am hearing seba say that we should stick with Dudek, every game I watched last year I had my head in my hands each time the opposition got anywhere near the goal (and so did anyone else I watched the game with!!!)  if the fans feel that way think about the back four    they need 100% confidence in their keeper   look at Peter Cech (think thats how you spell it)  anything less and we can wave goodbye to 3rd place in the prem let alone 1st    sentiment will not win us the title

thanks Jerzy for that double save

your a great guy but we need someone RELIABLE

seba    did you watch any games last year or just the final?   :glare:
RedWolf35

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:18 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:I cannot believe I am hearing seba say that we should stick with Dudek, every game I watched last year I had my head in my hands each time the opposition got anywhere near the goal (and so did anyone else I watched the game with!!!)  if the fans feel that way think about the back four    they need 100% confidence in their keeper   look at Peter Cech (think thats how you spell it)  anything less and we can wave goodbye to 3rd place in the prem let alone 1st    sentiment will not win us the title

i think you`re being harsh on dudek, okay he made a couple of gaffs especially against united and leverkusen but what keeper doesnt make mistakes. i even saw czech spill a couple that resulted in goals against chelsea.
for me our worst period was when chris kirkland was in goal, a couple of goals that instantly spring to mind that i thought chris was very poor on were the carsley goal in the goodison derby and the rivaldo free kick in the olympiacos game, both shots were very, very saveable. but probably the softest goal we conceded all season was carsons against juventus so it wasnt just jerzy in fact i thought he steadied the ship.
i`m not saying we dont need a new keeper i just wouldnt get rid of jerzy until we see what this fella`s like, after all wasnt kirkland supposed to be the answer to all our and englands goalkeeping problems for the next decade?

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby neilE » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:28 pm

We need a better keeper than Dudek - he's good but he's not the best, and if it wasn't for his cameo at the end of the CLfinal (which was fantastic admittedly - I'm keeping that save as my wallpaper for a while yet!) not many of you would be arguing to keep him. Let's face it Dudek was 2nd to Kirkland when he was fit. Rafa's obviously had Reina lined up for months, cos despite having 3 decent keepers, we haven't got one that looks like a league champs winner (maybe Kirkland if he sorts his injuries out, and maybe Carson in 5 years time, but neither right now)
I've never seen Reina play, but Benitez clearly knows exactly how good he is. I for one am not ready to say he's wrong!
neilE

Postby dosserboy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:34 pm

I think Carson showed alot of promise when he played and will be a great/Happy reserve goalkeeper, Reina in Rafa's eyes is the best Goalkeeper IN Spain,(not Spanish, but in Spain) Dudek is about the Fifth best goalkeeper in England in my opinion, (Cech, Robinson, Given, Van de sar). By the look of it we need money for transfers, so lets sell what we don't need and buy where we need strengthening, ie. Centre back!
dosserboy

Postby Seba641 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:54 am

RedWolf35 wrote:I cannot believe I am hearing seba say that we should stick with Dudek, every game I watched last year I had my head in my hands each time the opposition got anywhere near the goal (and so did anyone else I watched the game with!!!)  if the fans feel that way think about the back four    they need 100% confidence in their keeper   look at Peter Cech (think thats how you spell it)  anything less and we can wave goodbye to 3rd place in the prem let alone 1st    sentiment will not win us the title

I watch games but not many because i live in USA i cant watch games only FA cup and taht sucks but i watch almost every week Premiership Replays on my cable and i saw Dudek in action and i know half of those mistakes wasnt his fault sometimes was defense sometimes was only his fault but i cant bet that Reina will do the same mistakes and after that you will hate him its always like that and again Liverpool will get new keeper and same story will repeat again  :buttrock

and by the way do you know any website where i can watch liverpool season i dont care if i need to pay  :help
Seba641

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:02 am

nd by the way do you know any website where i can watch liverpool season i dont care if i need to pay 

www.liverpoolfc.tv, sign up for their E-Season ticket.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:44 am

without paying Ab :p
I think Dudek's performance in the final actually sumed him up very well.  Capable of the most comically awful mistakes but also capable of the most spectular saves.  I've watched Reina in the Primera Liga on ESPN and he is a class above Dudek for sure.  Not so sure about 'the best keeper in Spain' ive always considered Casillas better than him and Canizares as well until the end of last season but Rafa's the manager and I think its a great signing, especially as he's still young and will get even better.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Seba641 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:58 am

maybe Reina is class above Dudek but did you see that Premiership is much faster league then Premiera Division the play with more passign and getting closer to the net and at the sametime they creating more tricks and amazing actions its muhc different league then Premiership which only is about scoring goals and at the same time making action after action keeper have much more work in Premiership then in Premiera Division thats why Reina is a class higher then Dudek.   :angry:
Seba641

Postby est1900 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:23 am

I can suggest Matteo Sereni (SS LAZIO F.C.),very good gaolkeeper, and he is  not expensive as well. :oops:
est1900

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion