Gerrard blames benitez and parry - Get out judas

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:04 am

Is it me or does anyone else find it laughable when he says, he never listened to any of my tactical suggestions.

At the end of the day captain or not, his experience and years in the game are limited and I think Rafa has more than proved that he knows what he is doing there. Talk about getting too big for your boots.

Anyhow, I bear no ill will towards Stevie. I am disappointed at the immature way of handling things. He could still have left with his dignity if he had wanted, but this is turning into the Springer show now.

I take this all as further evidence of Rafa taking firm control of a situation and not letting anyone dictate to him. It's what the club and the team needs. We're moving on fast and I can't wait.

Regarding all the press spin. I think actually that Liverpool have learnt from the Owen saga and they are playing SFX at their own game. Look at the situation from a step back:

Player claims to bleed red and wants to win trophies.
Player wins CL in first year.
Player is made captain at an extremely young age.
Player is told that the rebuilding of the team will be around him, to suit him.
Player is told that he has the opportunity to work for the club for life in a training, scouting, management position....basically anything he wants he'll get.
Player is offered 100 grand a week for 5 years to do that.

For most people, you would think that you have it made at 24 if you find yourself in that position. all this leaves Stevie with the 'Rafa isn't listening to my supreme tactical knowledge' line, which is a little thin if you ask me.

Well played Liverpool
Homebooby

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:05 am

Now he blames Benitez to refuse to listen to his tactical options... But who is the manager Mr Gerrard ???

He definitely wants away and is now using all sorts of excuses. I have much more respect for Rafael Benitez who is the boss. Rafa told him that the agent was doing something behind his back and he didn't listen. So go SG, we need loyal players at anfield and not those who blames other people when he was asked to sign a new contract several times last season.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:06 am

I feel for you Scott I dont think you have slept much the last few days mate , have you?
He can  off now as far as Im concerned he wanted to leave all along, and Rafa told him his agent is a dirty scum bag, and plotting behind his back but he believed his agent, feck him, he will rue the day he left the mighty reds.

yep went to bed at 5am yesterday, was too angry too sleep. Woke up at 2pm though. :D  Can't say the sleep has helped tbh, still angry, can't believe a scouser like him has spat in our face I would have expected better from a local lad. Seeing him in a Chelsea shirt would just top it off! :angry:
Last edited by LFC #1 on Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:21 am

LFC #1 wrote:but he has lied to our faces and consequently betrayed ever LFc fan, and then he tries to blame Rafa and parry for his departure. Does he have any respect, frankly I would expect better from a local lad.

WE OWE HIM NOTHING!

LFC i don't disagree.. i am seething inside. however i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, for the moment. when this is done and dusted maybe the real facts will come out, then i will show anger if it is warranted.
hopefully by then we will have won the a couple of CL games and top of the table in EPL and i won't give a sh!t.  :grinning:

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:24 am

GREAT SHOUT HOMEBOOBY/SAYS IT ALL

I FOR ONE AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT SEASON-
GREAT MANAGER-GREAT CAPTAIN (CARRA)-NEW FACES-
NO WHINGING PHONIES!
LOOKS GOOD TO ME.
teamleader1

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:25 am

i agree with teamleader1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:26 am

I really can't wait for next season to kick his :censored: :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:32 am

Rafas Amigo wrote:This is the latest to come out and im sure there will be more during the day to follow, this story is going to run and run...

STEVEN GERRARD is quitting Liverpool in a blaze of fury — citing boss Rafa Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry as the culprits.

Gerrard has told Kop chairman David Moores, with who he still has a close relationship, he would have stayed if Benitez and Parry had shown they really wanted him.

But the Anfield skipper is convinced the pair would prefer to plot the club’s future without him.

Even their last-ditch offer of an extended contract worth £100,000-a-week has failed to persuade him differently.

Gerrard is furious at the club’ s Spanish boss telling Liverpool fans how much he valued Gerrard — even though he has NEVER listened when the midfielder offered his tactical opinions.

And he was livid when Benitez told him in a face-to-face meeting on Monday that agent Struan Marshall was advising him badly and working behind his back.

That was the pair’s second bust-up in just three days.

The first was on Saturday at the club’s Melwood training ground when Gerrard raged at the manager “Don’t take me for an idiot”.

The rows pushed Gerrard over the edge and he was forced into tabling a transfer request after Liverpool turned down a British record £32million bid from Chelsea.

Gerrard, 25, who lifted the Champions League trophy only six weeks ago, has told friends he is “distraught” at having to leave the club he loves.

He is also deeply upset at the way the Anfield hierarchy are making HIM out to be the villain of the piece.

Not one quote in there yet fools still beleive it. Its bad enough when people beleive a journalists spin on quotes from someone, but to just belevie spin with no quotes is pathetic.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:33 am

matrix wrote:Group: LFC Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the latest to come out and im sure there will be more during the day to follow, this story is going to run and run...

STEVEN GERRARD is quitting Liverpool in a blaze of fury — citing boss Rafa Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry as the culprits.

Gerrard has told Kop chairman David Moores, with who he still has a close relationship, he would have stayed if Benitez and Parry had shown they really wanted him.

But the Anfield skipper is convinced the pair would prefer to plot the club’s future without him.

Even their last-ditch offer of an extended contract worth £100,000-a-week has failed to persuade him differently.

Gerrard is furious at the club’ s Spanish boss telling Liverpool fans how much he valued Gerrard — even though he has NEVER listened when the midfielder offered his tactical opinions.

And he was livid when Benitez told him in a face-to-face meeting on Monday that agent Struan Marshall was advising him badly and working behind his back.

That was the pair’s second bust-up in just three days.

The first was on Saturday at the club’s Melwood training ground when Gerrard raged at the manager “Don’t take me for an idiot”.

The rows pushed Gerrard over the edge and he was forced into tabling a transfer request after Liverpool turned down a British record £32million bid from Chelsea.

Gerrard, 25, who lifted the Champions League trophy only six weeks ago, has told friends he is “distraught” at having to leave the club he loves.

He is also deeply upset at the way the Anfield hierarchy are making HIM out to be the villain of the piece.

--------------
Bring back Torbin Picnic !!!!!!! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nice post amigo

Not one quote in there yet fools still beleive it. Its bad enough when people beleive a journalists spin on quotes from someone, but to just belevie spin with no quotes is pathetic.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:36 am

Geez Leon, heard you the first time!! 

:D   :p

agree with you though

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:37 am

Also agree with you.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:39 am

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:Also agree with you.

Is that all you :censored: post! every thread i see you just say "I agree", add your own opinion ffs!   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:40 am

quotes or not the damage has been done. :angry:
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:41 am

i simply agree with your post mate...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:47 am

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:i simply agree with your post mate...

as do i.... :p
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion