Riise - In rafa's plans?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:37 pm

is it not possible that Rafa knows how to reform Riise in to a better left back then he has been in the past? given his good work ethic and great left foot he would be an ideal left back - he just needs the same type of transformation Traore went through on the defensive side under Rafa's wing as it were...

I totally agree with this. It seems to me that Riise has the attributes to be an excellent modern left back in the mould of Ashley Cole. He has the attacking skills but he just nees to improve defensively and with a coach like Rafa working with him I suspect we will see a vast improvement in this area and that Riise will start at left back. Zenden, Kewell and Gonzalez are all out and out attacking players and they will occupy the left wing position.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:21 am

I think Riise will be in Rafa's plans, but like all winning teams these days you need a big squad and this season proved we need a decent squad.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:29 am

Zenden is by rights a left winger, who is able to play in the centre. Sami CAN play up front, it doesn't mean it's a good idea, though!!!!! Bolo will have been signed for the wing, as he must surely realise he hasn't got a prayer of ousting SG, XA and DH!!!!! 10 games in the centre at most!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:34 am

I think Rafa sees Djimi as a back-up centre-half rather than a left back. Riise first choice left back with Warnock as back-up.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:26 pm

Alonso14 wrote:How many times did he employ the 3 center halfs and two wing backs during the season?? im sure at least 25% of them.

Bollox :D

In the 2nd half v Milan and again against Spurs.  Thats about it.  Rafa rarely uses wing-backs
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:29 pm

neilE wrote:I think Riise is vital to the club - call me an idiot too if you want, but for me, especially last season, he had pretty much all you could want in his position - hard working, never gives up, his commitment couldn't be questioned, AND he scores goals and puts in top notch crosses (league cup final , and the cross for the first CL final goal will stick in my memory for a very long time). He played almost every game he was fit for last season. This season we could end up playing over 70 matches. We need Riise in the team as much as possible, and we need quality cover, because no-one could play at their best for 70 matches.

Your an idiot, nah only joking  :D i agree good post.
66-1112520797

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion