Cl striker baros vs cisse - Who would you start and why!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sat May 14, 2005 11:43 pm

To be honest as an outsider (with an obvious bias to you lot!)
I reckon this final is really gonna be a drab affair!
:sleep

Which stricker to play in a 4-5-1 formation against an Italian side?

Hope I'm wrong but....

Who's going to take the penalties might be a better question to ask! :O

Them I ties, will be well prepared for that outcome! :cool:
PrestonLaaa

Postby RedRoots » Sun May 15, 2005 6:59 pm

So, Cisse scored twice today, how long was he on the pitch for? does it look like he'll start against Milan now?
RedRoots

Postby morientes_gerrard » Sun May 15, 2005 9:44 pm

Goals: One penalty, and a nifty finish
90 mins
We ain't the gaffa

there u go
morientes_gerrard

Postby A.B. » Sun May 15, 2005 11:28 pm

I still think Benitez should start Baros. Cisse can't play as a lone striker imo well enough, he needs somebody alongside him and since I don't think we are going to go with two strikers up front it's better to start Baros then sub him if needed after the first-half.

Cisse scored two goals against Aston Villa, but we're playing against AC Milan. Two totaly different oppositions.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby iolsi » Mon May 16, 2005 1:43 am

cisse because he's french and he's from auxerre :o
i think baros is too selfish, cissé's pace and long range shots can cause damages with luck, if baros begins he won't even exist against stam and nesta, he has no weapon to respond
baros did all the competition until the final, that's why i think he's gonna begin the match, cissé is now in good shape
iolsi

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon May 16, 2005 1:45 am

I think Rafa should be brave enough to go with a 442 formation, starting both. Run the Milan defence rugged.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iolsi » Mon May 16, 2005 1:50 am

how many times did they play togoether??  :(
iolsi

Postby A.B. » Mon May 16, 2005 2:59 am

Too many times to play again, they don't partner well together. Fight fire with fire, Milan will play with one man up front so should we. We've played 4-5-1 for most of CL and it's gotten us thus far, don't fix it if it aint broke.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon May 16, 2005 2:55 pm

I think Cisse. The reasons are

1) he is not as greedy as Baros :veryangry
Baros has got to be the greediest player in the premiership and for the CL final we need a team player

2) he can hold the ball better than Baros :veryangry
This helps take pressure off defense. Also one other thing i find annoying about Baros is that quite often when he looses the ball his head just goes down and he makes no effort to get it back.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon May 16, 2005 3:16 pm

What about swtiching to a 442 formation and playing both? This will run Milan's defense rugged.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roey316 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:47 pm

Deffo Cisse, just because he works harder, and defends from the front. Baros doesnt, hes lazy, and not interested. I just wish Cisse had a couple more games to get fully fit, but I think adrenaline will get him through, being in the biggest game of his life should spur him on.
Cisse all the way!
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 16, 2005 4:05 pm

roey316 wrote:Deffo Cisse, just because he works harder, and defends from the front. Baros doesnt, hes lazy, and not interested. I just wish Cisse had a couple more games to get fully fit, but I think adrenaline will get him through, being in the biggest game of his life should spur him on.
Cisse all the way!

Not sure which games you have been watching fella. I'd say it's the other way around. Baros works hard to close the opposition and isn'tafraid to put in a tackle (even though he can't tackle for toffee). Although he has made more effort since returning, Cisse looked pretty disinterested in defending prior to his injury.

I was just in favour of Cisse starting the final prior to the Villa game. His performance on Sunday has stengthened my view. The goals will have done him the world of good.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon May 16, 2005 9:17 pm

What about swtiching to a 442 formation and playing both? This will run Milan's defense rugged

Have you watched games where Milan and Djibril have played up front together? It has to be one of the worst partnership in the history of the club, they just can't play well together.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion