Will cisse start? - Opinions!?!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Indian » Mon May 02, 2005 7:12 pm

Why not start with Cisse & Baros up front?  We know we need to win the game and having Gerrard in Central Midfield will ease the loss of Alonso.  With the atmosphere and the pace of Cisse with Baros's movement, Chelsea won't know whats hit them.  If Cisse tires bring him off and bring Biscan on (if he's fit) and move Gerrard further up for the last half our.
Red Indian

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 7:22 pm

joependo wrote:I don't understand when he put's cisse on it's for the last 20mins.Why doesn't Raffa put him on at half time so we can see how good he can play.

Don't know about you but I'm not sure how fit and sharp Cisse is after a six month lay off.
IMO ,using him for the last 30 mins against a tired  defence gives him a big advantage.
If on the other hand in Rafa's opinion he is 100 % match fit physically and mentally, I would love to see him start from the KO .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 02, 2005 7:31 pm

wouldn't start cisse

dudek

finnan               carra         hyypia             traore

hamann     biscan

garcia                     gerrard                     riise

baros     

Then have kewell and cisse on bench if we need to change it
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 7:33 pm

I'd go with that but if fit would prefer Warnock to Traore .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 02, 2005 7:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I'd go with that but if fit would prefer Warnock to Traore .

Can't see rafa playing warnock tomorrow but think he'll be a good player for us.  Traore maybe a bit more experienced.  Think traore did ok in the first leg
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Mon May 02, 2005 7:41 pm

yea but i can t wait to see cisse back to his best again coz cissee can hold the bal up better than baros which we willneed against chelski
Hamza

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon May 02, 2005 7:51 pm

Hamza wrote:yea but i can t wait to see cisse back to his best again coz cissee can hold the bal up better than baros which we willneed against chelski

Cisse has never shown that he is good at holding the ball up. He often loses the ball.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Mon May 02, 2005 8:08 pm

yea that is true but he does it better than baros u have to admit
Hamza

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 8:19 pm

Hamza wrote:yea but i can t wait to see cisse back to his best again

I'm don't think we've ever seen Cisse at his best . The fella arrived with a big reputation and was still settling into the prem when his leg went awol .
I'm still relying on the hype and £14 mill price tag as some kind of reassurance the he's a diamond .
Don't get me wrong , I'm not having a dig at the fella , just saying that so far he is still an unproven accquisition .The fact that he's already playing again is a bonus but I'll give him all of next season to prove himself .
If in the meantime he gets the winner against Chelski I'll dye my hair the same colour as his ,week in week out .    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ade » Mon May 02, 2005 9:22 pm

john craig wrote:wouldn't start cisse

dudek

finnan               carra         hyypia             traore

hamann     biscan

garcia                     gerrard                     riise

baros     

Then have kewell and cisse on bench if we need to change it

Agree with that, even though Traore gives me the squirts every time I see a player run at him.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 02, 2005 11:27 pm

I'm really undecided on this one. Cisse looked lively when he came on during the first leg. He looked to have that turn of pace and seemed to be finding his touch. Last Wednesday i was sure i wanted him to start at Anfield, am not as sure now. For me it all hinges on Hamman. The manager has shown he's not afraid (not that he's had much choice) to throw players straight back in there after an injury. Is Hamman fit enough to come in and play from the start? If so then Cisse will start on the bench with Gerrard pushing further forward and Milan on his own up-top.

It's maybe a bit risky and unlikely to happen but if Hamman is unable to start the game i would be tempted to move Garcia inside (where he doesn't have to worry about protecting Finnan, can't give away dangerous free-kicks and does his best work) and give Cisse a start on the right-wing. Defenders hate pace and as jet-heeled as Gallas is, i don't think he'd relish marking Cisse.

On the flip side, Cisse may be a better option coming off the bench once the game has got a little stretched. In fact he is pretty much our only option coming off the bench barring in mind Kewell takes weeks (and don't we know it) to find his touch when he's coming back from injury.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue May 03, 2005 12:35 am

I dont think Cisse should start, id have Baros up front with Luis Garcia just behind.

I doubt Cisse has the match fitness to handle a game like this, but bring him on after 60/65 mins.

Cisse has yet to prove he can be a prolific striker.
65-1114725958

Postby A.B. » Tue May 03, 2005 1:28 am

Is Hamman fit enough to come in and play from the start?

Alonso didn't play for four months prior to the Juventus game and he played the whole ninety minutes. Hamann has been out for a month, he should be able to play the whole game. If not substitute him when he's tired.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue May 03, 2005 4:46 am

I prefer Baros and Cisse start. Go for early goals ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 03, 2005 5:11 am

woof woof ! wrote:
joependo wrote:I don't understand when he put's cisse on it's for the last 20mins.Why doesn't Raffa put him on at half time so we can see how good he can play.

Don't know about you but I'm not sure how fit and sharp Cisse is after a six month lay off.
IMO ,using him for the last 30 mins against a tired  defence gives him a big advantage.
If on the other hand in Rafa's opinion he is 100 % match fit physically and mentally, I would love to see him start from the KO .

:)

Yep i agree with that .
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion