Latest on next season - Uefa decide...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:31 pm

Or better still, Lets win the European Cup AND finish fourth  - that'll get right up their blue noses.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:12 pm

I was pretty dissapointed in UEFA's comments this morning. They claim it is up to the National Governing Body to make the decision (The FA) yet thay have now indicated that finishing 4th is a more worthy qualification for entering next years tournament.

The FA are petrified of having to make this decsion. You can guarantee they are preying Chelsea make the final so that it isn't an issue.

UEFA have made the decision easy for them (should we win ofcourse). I now believe the FA would select Everton ahead of LFC on the basis of these comments. I'm ****** pis.sed coz UEFA would have kept their gobs shut if we were talking about Madrid or the mancs here.

To be honest. If we win this trophy i couldn't give a monkeys whether they let us in next year.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:15 pm

As someone wrote before, if it were Man Utd, or Arsenal in that position, then the FA and UEFA would be forced to make changes. But because we are in this position, they can walk all over us. Ask yourself why? Because they fight, they fight like dogs to get their way. Look at Ferguson now with his claims that the refs are conspiring against his team. It seems quite absurd, but the effect it will have on his team will show next campaign. The refs will be more lenient on his team, and thats just the way it goes. Complain now, get the benefits later. We must fight for our cause, and not just let these governing bodies walk all over us again. We should have already done this with Xabi's booking on Wednesday, and we should fight for our rights to defend our title if we win it now, not later when it will not be heard.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:53 pm

.. there would be too much pressure on the FA by the elite connections of Parry and co to let the blush*te enter instead of us... lets see what happens.. we'll still get 4th spot.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:15 pm

unbelievable..... I was pretty sure we would qualify for champions league if we win it..... But now, from what info i can gather, the FA supports the top 4 teams idea..... Sh1t, whats wrong with the FA ? Don't they want strong teams to represent england ???

really sickening....i have to agree it. If it were the scums...you can bet this won't drag so long  :angry:

Anyway, don't give a sh1t.... The champions league will lose its glamour (at least for me), if we are not allowed to defend it.............
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lagoon_80 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:41 pm

look guys.................. the most important thing now is for us to win the CL and not ponder over whether we could qualify for the next season's  champion league. we should handle one game at a time as there is still a realistic chance to grab the 4th spot provided we win all our remaining games. All i want 2 say is that have faith in the team as they need us to pull through the next coming ties!! :D
lagoon_80

Postby supersub » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:43 pm

I couldn't careless if we aren't given a road into the Champions League next season if we won the "European Cup".I would like us to win the trophy in Turkey,finish 5th behind Bolton and say shove your poxy competition "for everyone but true champions" up your ******.We can then put all our energy into winning the Premiership without the irritating interference of a competition that rewards teams that have won absolutely sh.it all.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:59 pm

The FA won't announce their official decision until after the second-leg or even the finals imo. Cowards
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:04 am

supersub wrote:I couldn't careless if we aren't given a road into the Champions League next season if we won the "European Cup".I would like us to win the trophy in Turkey,finish 5th behind Bolton and say shove your poxy competition "for everyone but true champions" up your ******.We can then put all our energy into winning the Premiership without the irritating interference of a competition that rewards teams that have won absolutely sh.it all.

agree 100%
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:10 am

supersub wrote:I couldn't careless if we aren't given a road into the Champions League next season if we won the "European Cup".I would like us to win the trophy in Turkey,finish 5th behind Bolton and say shove your poxy competition "for everyone but true champions" up your ******.We can then put all our energy into winning the Premiership without the irritating interference of a competition that rewards teams that have won absolutely sh.it all.

Best post on this subject by a street !

What many are failing to realise is the emotion of the situation. IF we win the Champions League and Stevie's lifting the European Cup above his head in front of an adoring Liverpool Army of fans in Istanbul I can tell you NO-ONE will be thinking about next season's competition and will be lost in the moment of what potentially is our greatest achievement in Europe.......

Anyway even if we don't make the final consider this ......

LFC have eliminated LAST YEARS Semi Finalists (Deportivo) , The team that finished Top of Real Madrid, Roma and Dynamo Kiev's group (Leverkusen) , the current top team in Italy (Juventus) and have kept a free scoring Chelsea out on their own turf when Barca and Bayern both conceded 4  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:59 am

I think we don't have to worry too much about the stupid bureacratic FIFA. All we can do now is to concentrate and win the CL. By then, the pressure will be on them. There will be voices and pressure coming all over the places. Even if they decided not letting us to defend the title, so be it. Whoever won next year would not be a true CL champ as they did it without our presence.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:57 am

precisely....even wankor (wenger) is against us if we finish 5th and won the champions league...Whats wrong with all these mor0ns..... Talk about sour grapes....Arsenal ain't gonna win the champions league with 90-100% foreign team.

Did they forget that the champions league/european cup initially was for the winners of the respective leagues and the champion league/european cup winner (regardless of what position they finish in their own league).

And another thing, the only reason why english teams are getting 4 places is because english team have done well in europe (particularily LFC). We were the last english team to win a major european cup (uefa cup). After we won it, uefa increased the champions league qualifiers to 4 (from 3). So if it was still the top 3 clubs going to champions league...we will deffo get the 4th spot if we won the champions league and finished any position lower than 3rd.

I am seriously focked up about all this champions league. It should revert back to only for the champions. The rest go to the uefa cup. How can the 4th place team go into the champions league ? They are the champions of what ?

And the FA ? they just are that FOCKING A$$ES. They want BS to go to champions league...... well, let me put it this way. There will only be 3 teams in the champions league group phase if that happens (chelsea, arsenal, scums). BS wins most of their games by running around like headless chickens...long ball etc...This tactic will not work i europe. A 3rd rate eastern european team will beat them easily. Is that what the FA wants....?
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:17 am

Probably :(

So long as Liverpool dont get in then the FA will be happy :( :angry:
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 01, 2005 12:16 am

For the record I'm with Supersub on this one.

Let's win the thing and tell the FA where to shove their CL place for next season !!!!!! If the FA deem that Everton are more worthy of representing England in the CL then let the deluded out of touch beauracrats do what they want.

I've heard such a load of baloney this week about why Everton and not Liverpool should be entered.and most of it is ill informed and given from emotional viepoints. Suffice to say a precedent was set only 3 years ago when Real Madrid won the CL and finished 5th. the Spanish FA removed the 4th placed team (Real Zaragoza) and asked Real Madrid to defend their trophy but that was the Spanish FA and not this shower of spineless beuracrats !!!!!!!!

Even in the good old days when ONLY the Champions Competed in the "CHAMPIONS" league  the holders got to enter the following year irrespective of where they finished in their league. Football has gone mad if they choose Everton or whoever else happens to finish 4th and this set of undertakers are about to drive yet another nail into football's coffin ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby moribentarse » Sun May 01, 2005 4:08 am

if the winners of a competition should have automatic entry to defend the cup as holders then what would happen if a team won the eufa cup and finished 4th in the premier,should they defend the eufa cup?
moribentarse

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion