Worried about the fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:04 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
L-type wrote:THE FIRST FAN HAS JUST BEEN ATTACKED !! He was in a pub with a group of friends when he was attacked by ultras and struck in the head with a bat !

It may well have been just a scuffle in a bar like any other day.

Pure speculation.

Loose lips sink ships.

Yeah Leon ,how many "scuffles" you been in that involve baseball bats ? . 
:p

Four, won two, lost one, drawn one.

Hahahahahahaha!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:21 pm

Trouble flares in Turin

Apr 13 2005

From Tony Barrett in Turin, Liverpool Echo

Aaron Want was attacked in Turin

A LIVERPOOL fan today told of his terror after he was attacked by an armed gang of Italian hooligans.

The thugs ran amok in a quiet bar in Turin, scattering families as they rampaged through the dining area to reach Reds fans.

Aaron Want, 28, was grabbed and beaten about the head repeatedly with an iron bar by one hooligan.

After struggling free he was locked in a storeroom by a frightened barmaid for his own safety.

Today he told the ECHO he feared for his life in the unprovoked assault.

He said: "We'd been having a drink in the Shakespeare pub and then we decided to move on with another group of Liverpool supporters.

"It was really civilised in there. There were families eating meals and there was a great atmosphere.

"A group of men and women turned up after a couple of minutes. They were standing next to us at the bar.

"All of a sudden the men pulled baseball bats and iron bars from underneath their coats and attacked us.

"One of them grabbed me and beat me over the head with an iron bar.

"I don't know how many times he hit me, but I managed to pull away.

"I realised I was bleeding quite heavily. The barmaid showed us into a storeroom and locked the door so we could be safe.

"I don't know why it happened, we were just having a quite drink. Noone was wearing any colours or singing."

He added: "God knows what would have happened to me if I hadn't managed to escape."

Mr Want is determined to make it to the game tonight, despite needing five stitches and suffering concussion.

Eight Juve fans are being questioned by police.

An Italian police spokeswoman said: " Twenty Juventus fans were stopped. We searched the vehicles and their homes and we found baseball bats and other weapons"

This morning gangs were reported to be roaming the streets, taunting anyone who appeared to be in Turin for tonight's match.

A gang carrying batons and bottles threatened Liverpool supporters outside their hotel.

I hope everyone gets home from this :(
Last edited by fivecups on Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:27 pm

On a lighter note, it's kind of nice to see Europeans taking an interest in baseball :D

really though, my (secular) prayers go out to everyone over there...come home safe.
cptrios

Postby L-type » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Lee J wrote:I hope that Inter are going to face a ban from entering next year! fair's fair!

I kinda feel sorry for Inter Milan, I was watchin the highlights reel and decided to actually watch the gameplay, and Inter wree gettin screwed by the refs
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion