6 The Scouting System
No votes
7 Too Many poor players
11%
8 Everbody Else
6%
9 Chelsea Aresenal And Man U
No votes
10 The fans for not supporting the team.
11%

Total votes : 18

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:15 pm

stu_the_red wrote:.

"his tactical play is often correct." - funny that, many questioned why he left Le Tallec on the bench when we went 2-0 down at Spurs and wonder why we have not turned round a half-time deficit since 1999. Nice unsubstantiated generalisation by the way

"players performances and fitness on the other hand often isn't." - a lot of factors affect performance such as suitability to position etc. Fitness could be blamed on Houllier - why are so many of our players injury prone?

"Hamann, Hyypia, Kewell, Gerrard, Hamann, Owen, Dudek, Kirkland, Finnan, Carragher, Henchoz, Baros, Pongolle, Welsh, Le Tallec and Murphy are all good reasons (on the pitch) to look at things objectively."  - there are a fair few good players in there but why don't they do better?

"And yes i am Gerard Houlliers son" - aka the anti-christ!  :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:41 pm

Stu I will gladly get down on one knee and kiss your hairy ***** if Kermit wins us the league but you are on a losing arguement mate.

Were the Fiorentina fans who rioted and thrashed the director's offices in 1990 after the club sold Roberto Baggio to Juventus armchair fans who should have gone with the "good wisdom" of the club and shown a bit of patience in what Fiorentina was doing?

Were the Leeds fans who booed and constantly called for Peter Risdale's resignation following his over spending and subsequent assest stripping of the club idiots for disagreeing with the way things were going at Leeds?

Or the Wimbledon fans who have set up their own club in protest at the move to Milton Keyes?

Just because you boo or disagree with what is going on doesn't make you a bad fan. Sometimes you have to make a stand.

I personally don't boo myself, but I understand the feelings of those that do.

People here are terrified that we are on the slippery slope of being the new Everton or Spurs. I have a lot of impartial friends who support lower division clubs who tell me that they honestly feel that Liverpool are now a "medium sized club".

As for Houllier being tactically astute, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. He may occasionally get it correct, but 9 times out of 10 he messes up.

Owzat's comment on the half time deficit problem is spot on. You just know that if Liverpool go a goal down, they are not going to win the game. To turn a game around in those circumstances you have to be able to change your approach. Houllier is incapable of doing that.

I (sort of) understand where you are comign from Stu, and in a bizarre way I respect what you are saying. You are correct about the way modern football in England is developing, and there's no point in booting Houllier out if we can't get somebody else in who will do a better job. Sometimes its better to ride the storm out and hold off on sacking the manager.

However, we have given Houllier almosy 15 months now since the cracks developed and I think that is enough patience and understanding. The club will make a fool of itself if this carries any longer.

You are defending the indefensible Stu.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:02 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Stu I will gladly get down on one knee and kiss your hairy ***** if Kermit wins us the league but you are on a losing arguement mate.

s##t, I just cant get that image out of my head now. :laugh:
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:20 am

stu,your problem is you don't read other people's views.You just assume they are totally opposite and therefore not worthy to read.Sadly you end up making things up to try and justify any arguement.

firstly GH gets his tactics wrong:
Example last season....this season quick one Spurs...eeerrrrrrmmm I know....lets go  Wolves..2nd half masterly move we are winning 1-0 nil against a woeful impersonation of a premiership side so we will give them just the helping hand they need.This is exactly the great GH plan of last season..bloody history repeating itself.Tactics.....

Players performances:
GH has been let down by certain players,but he continues to play them in positions that are totally alien to them.I'm sure you can see the problems but you seem to think it's injuries,whereas I believe it's the arrogance of a man who will never consede he has got it wrong......reminds me of you sonny!!
   I don't think it's all rubbish...I never said that,there you go again making up stories.I actually think we have a very good squad of players and with the addition of 3 new players down the spine of the team,we will have a formidable squad.What I'm saying is that,I think Houllier is not the man to lead/inspire this group of young men too achieve their full potential.....I maybe wrong,and I'd be happy if GH made me eat my hat,but somehow I think my bobble-hat is safe for a good while yet.
     You come out with bizarre statements...
                    football has changed we cannot compete with manu and chelsea.....Incredible!  oh!but Arsenal can because what/why /how
  chelsea a team invented this season but under performing for the millions spent.manu spend wads on a couple of players but it takes more than that..don't insult Fergie.

stu you can be such a cretin sometimes.

No your not Houllier's son.............
Your the dummy in the hand of Dr.Fun.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:58 am

Its houlliers fault plain and simple. He bought those duds and still thinks they are the right players for the club.

Can't believe some of you w#nk##s are blaming the fans, we turn up and expect to see a great team and a successful one. If they are sh##e then we have every right to call, moan and abuse them and the manager. Look at Madrid, most successful team in europe, if they start to play bad, white handkerchiefs all around the stadium.

So dont blame the f##king fans blame that arrogant french tw#t and moores for being so f##king short sighted.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:51 am

I think five years is a fair amount of time for any manager and he should be judged on results, progress and money spent. It isn't that the results we've had in the past and trophies won are not good enough in their own right, but Houllier has spent over £100m in doing so. Considering we're not that far behind manu in spending and probably ahead of Arsenal, we have not even made one proper challenge for the title. We should be up there, especially considering we gained two class players without a transfer fee - Owen and Gerrard. There are a lot of similarities between Houllier - expensive flops, varying standards of homegrown talent, some excellent buys and regular trophies. Unfortunately the differences are in crucial areas - league results, quality of trophies and overall consistency to name a few
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:48 pm

OK this poll is now closed As I suspected The majority think Houlier btu only by one the rest have other excuses.  Can I echo Owzat regarding the fans and use stu words to express my view F**K off t#s#ers.  I'm certainly not someone who Goes to all the games And I regard those who do as being up there with the very best in the world.  Many people who use this forum are the Anfield faithful and I'm proud to know and respect them.  They are partly why as a small boy I began to follow Liverpool.  Bill Shankly regarded them as the greatest and most knowledgeable supporters in the world.  I for one salute them and for those who blame them you are the thickest most stupest idiots I've evercome across.  If you think the Anfield faithful are to blame f##k off to Man U t#s#ers.  I would add also that Evertonians are equally extremely knowledgeable but don't te;ll them I said that.  In fact Liverpudlians are second only to the Irish in regard to friendly, warm hearted, and passionate but then most of your ancestors came from here.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion